Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Rosamund Pike hates the dead British soldiers who fought for her freedom to sit on Graham Norton's sofa WITH NO f**king POPPY ON!

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2016, 11:08:41 PM
Rosamund Pike hates the dead British soldiers who fought for her freedom to sit on Graham Norton's sofa WITH NO f**king POPPY ON!

Off with her head!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Boycey on November 11, 2016, 07:42:50 PM
England and Scotland made a big hoohaa over the wearing of poppies and then spend 5 mins disrespecting each other's national anthems  ;D

Scotland disrespecting English is a bit rich especially when they rejected independence from them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2016, 11:53:43 PM
England and Scotland made a big hoohaa over the wearing of poppies and then spend 5 mins disrespecting each other's national anthems  ;D

Scotland disrespecting English is a bit rich especially when they rejected independence from them.

Being pedantic was it not the UK they rejected independence from rather than England?

johnneycool

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 12, 2016, 12:36:56 AM

Being pedantic was it not the UK they rejected independence from rather than England?

Honey G getting it now for tweeting during the 2 minutes of silence. That must have been yesterday, was it?

I didn't realise there was to be a total lockdown of the interweb as well now!

FFS, get over yerselves..

93-DY-SAM

I'll leave this here. Nothing else needs said....

yellowcard

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 14, 2016, 02:44:52 PM
I'll leave this here. Nothing else needs said....

That is just nuts.

Rossfan

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 12, 2016, 12:36:56 AM

Same thing in reality
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

I was watching a recording of The Graham Norton Show I missed on Friday. Rosamund Pike on was it, I wasn't sure who she was. So I Googled her. Anyway, she's getting dogs abuse for not wearing a Poppy on the show.
Testing Accessibility

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2016, 05:27:15 PM
Rosamund Pike on was it, I wasn't sure who she was. So I Googled her.

I bet you did!  Google imaged her  no doubt.

/Jim.

OgraAnDun

Nigel "Mr Britain" Farage getting stick for not wearing his poppy while meeting with his idol, Donald Trump, over the weekend.

Denn Forever

Did her dress not have a poppy motif?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 14, 2016, 06:02:09 PM
Nigel "Mr Britain" Farage getting stick for not wearing his poppy while meeting with his idol, Donald Trump, over the weekend.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/us-election-2016/irish-tv-producer-trump-wouldnt-shake-my-hand-i-just-dont-know-where-its-been-35207531.html

...When Trump finally arrived at the airport, I had been waiting in his jet for almost an hour. A flurry of activity meant that he had boarded the plane. I stepped forward to introduce myself and held out my hand. Trump declined to shake it. "It's nothing personal," he told me. "It's just that I don't know where that hand has been."...

I'd say Trump's paranoia rules out things like men wearing flowers for no obvious reason.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Seen a copper today with a Poppy pinned to his hat. He looked like a knobhead.

Two things though:

- Should the PSNI not be neutral ie. no emblems?
- Isn't Poppy Day over?

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2016, 09:45:53 PM
Seen a copper today with a Poppy pinned to his hat. He looked like a knobhead.

Two things though:

- Should the PSNI not be neutral ie. no emblems?
- Isn't Poppy Day over?

Nope.

Poppy on the left breast.
Lily on the right.

It's all about balance. And support.

MWWSI 2017