Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Everybody on the Graham Norton Show the other night wearing them apart from Sting....and the rest of his band..wasnt one of the girseacha on BBC NI given a hard time a few years ago for not wearing one...cant mind her name...Donna something maybe.
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2016, 10:15:53 PM
Everybody on the Graham Norton Show the other night wearing them apart from Sting....and the rest of his band..wasnt one of the girseacha on BBC NI given a hard time a few years ago for not wearing one...cant mind her name...Donna something maybe.

Traynor? Sting has form..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

5 Sams

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2016, 10:20:08 PM

He looks ridiculously cool for 65.
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

He sure does.

He was run out of Connemara by the IRA....

The West Brit b'stard.
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

Quote from: muppet on November 08, 2016, 10:59:47 PM

He sure does.

The West Brit b'stard.

Didnt know that..go ahead.
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2016, 11:15:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 08, 2016, 10:59:47 PM

He sure does.

The West Brit b'stard.

Didnt know that..go ahead.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/peter-otoole-and-the-wild-west-of-ireland-259057.html

....Somehow, perhaps inevitably, we found ourselves at the centre of bizarre dramas.

Such as the time the rock star Sting, then married to Irish actress Frances Tomelty, had rented a house in nearby Roundstone. Sting would roar through the town, burly bodyguard riding pillion, on a vast motorbike on his way to see O'Toole out at the house.

But that summer's holiday didn't last for long. After only a few weeks, on a day I'll never forget, Sting barged breathless through the door of my uncle Frank's bar at lunchtime. "I have to go! I have to go! Where's everybody? Where's Peter?" he shouted.

As the kerfuffle ensued in the adjoining off-licence, I returned to serving customers. Then, a few minutes later, Sting with bodyguard roared off, never to be seen in these parts again.

Later that day, O'Toole arrived in and claimed that Sting had received death threats from the Provisional IRA and terrified — this wasn't long after the H-Block protest and black coffins still adorned some lampposts in town — he upped and fled back to England.

We all thought it was a terrible drama until I asked O'Toole, grinning from ear to ear, if they had really threatened to kill Sting.

"Did they f**k! But those feckers down in Roundstone couldn't stand him so they ran him out!" Our laughter crackled through the building. "IRA my arse!" O'Toole roared.

Poor Sting....
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Frankie Mitchell wearing his tonight again

Dougal Maguire

Sure you're as bad given that you buy one thus contributing to the cause. Frankie, in fairness, probably has his supplied by UTV and therefore doesn't contribute to the cause.
Careful now

MoChara

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM

Cookie Monster takes the soup, I'd say there's a bit of Jackeen in him.

T Fearon

Frank Mitchell tonight again >:(

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2016, 11:49:24 PM
Frank Mitchell tonight again >:(

Disgraceful. You're a married man!  ;D

T Fearon

And tonight yet again😡😡😡

Far East

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2016, 06:44:15 PM
And tonight yet again😡😡😡

2 angry, hypocritical w**ks in 1 day? That's impressive for a man of your age and poor physical condition...

Boycey

England and Scotland made a big hoohaa over the wearing of poppies and then spend 5 mins disrespecting each other's national anthems  ;D