Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Just had this email

Dear colleagues 
Remembrance Day – taking the time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
As many of you know, at ******** we observe the two minutes silence on November 11th to remember all those who have died for us in the World Wars and other conflicts in the last 100 years. Can I ask and indeed encourage you to put the phone down or step away from the PC or a meeting to observe the 2 minutes silence at 11 o'clock today.
In support of the Poppy Appeal, ******** will be making a donation to the Royal British Legion and pinning the poppy to our logo on our social media sites.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: pullhard on November 11, 2015, 09:45:12 AM
Just had this email

Dear colleagues 
Remembrance Day – taking the time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
As many of you know, at ******** we observe the two minutes silence on November 11th to remember all those who have died for us in the World Wars and other conflicts in the last 100 years. Can I ask and indeed encourage you to put the phone down or step away from the PC or a meeting to observe the 2 minutes silence at 11 o'clock today.
In support of the Poppy Appeal, ******** will be making a donation to the Royal British Legion and pinning the poppy to our logo on our social media sites.

Where you based PH? North or "mainland"?

pullhard

Walter Cronc

pullhard

Slience on the board please

gallsman

Quote from: pullhard on November 11, 2015, 11:01:25 AM
Slience on the board please

I farted, but I'm based in Spain so think that makes it OK.

Hardy

give her dixie

I see Sinn Fein had no problem remembering the British Army today at Stormont......

http://sluggerotoole.com/2015/11/11/remembrance-day-ceremony-at-stormont-ends-in-disagreement/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

general_lee

Quote from: give her dixie on November 11, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
I see Sinn Fein had no problem remembering the British Army today at Stormont......

http://sluggerotoole.com/2015/11/11/remembrance-day-ceremony-at-stormont-ends-in-disagreement/
Well done to Sinn Féin on a very mature gesture. Of course certain Unionists couldn't help themselves but then again that's the sort of moronic behaviour nationalists have to put up with.

Rossfan

Started by a TUV ignoramus.
What do you expect from an ass but a kick and a hee haw.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Pub Bore

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2015, 07:20:20 PM

Agreed, some TUV knuckle dragger tries to, at best, embarrass SF or, at worst, hopes they don't stand or walk out thus causing furore.  It ends up dragging down what looked like a genuinely inclusive service.

BennyCake

Nolan said to a SF member last week, "sell a United Ireland to me".

Well, Norn Iron has been in existence for 90 odd years, and nobody can sell it!! Nothing changes in the unworkable sectarian cesspit.

Orior

Fair play to Nesbitt who apologised to McGuinness for the episode.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TabClear

Quote from: Pub Bore on November 11, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

Agreed, some TUV knuckle dragger tries to, at best, embarrass SF or, at worst, hopes they don't stand or walk out thus causing furore.  It ends up dragging down what looked like a genuinely inclusive service.

Agreed. Certainly didn't hurt SF.  Most fair minded unionists would see this for what it was, moronic triumphalism by a tuv  idiot. Anyone who agrees with that shower wouldn't fall in the fair minded category in my opiniion so no harm done