Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

A colleague appeared today with a bog standard poppy on her coat, a larger version on her suit jacket and a wristband...just to sure we got the message like!
It is what it is. Presumably.

BennyCake

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 02, 2015, 10:58:06 PM
A colleague appeared today with a bog standard poppy on her coat, a larger version on her suit jacket and a wristband...just to sure we got the message like!

Was that her on the park bench on the last page?

ONeill

Is she good looking?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Bearded One

Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2015, 11:52:40 PM

Is she good looking?

Wouldn't touch her with yours.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tony Baloney

Lest she forget.

snoopdog

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 03, 2015, 06:23:48 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2015, 11:52:40 PM

Is she good looking?

Wouldn't touch her with yours.
[/quote
They're always minging

BennyCake

Poppy protest at a North Belfast Lidl store.

Is it any wonder the Poppy issue is considered sectarian.

Orior

All the commentators at the tennis in Paris today were wearing poppies. Andy Murray had one sown on his shirt.

If Rory McIlroy isnt wearing one tomorrow then I will be outraged. Outraged I tell ya.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Seen dancers on strictly not wearing them... On BBC ffs!! Will be public hangings outside Buckingham palace
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

A couple of people on Nolan the other morning said they wear their Poppy all year round. What's that all about?

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 08:35:31 PM
Seen dancers on strictly not wearing them... On BBC ffs!! Will be public hangings outside Buckingham palace
They're seemed to be a bit of inconsistency. Some were wearing them earlier in the week when they showed their preparations for the night but they weren't wearing them on the Saturday night show.
The Irish dancer Tristan McManus didn't wear one at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2015, 12:07:00 PM
They're seemed to be a bit of inconsistency. Some were wearing them earlier in the week when they showed their preparations for the night but they weren't wearing them on the Saturday night show.

But you'd have imagined for the live show it would be a priority?? But sure people are giving off about people wearing them and people giving off for not wearing them!! Who's right depends on how and where you were brought up... An accident of birth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2015, 03:06:04 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2015, 12:07:00 PM

But you'd have imagined for the live show it would be a priority?? But sure people are giving off about people wearing them and people giving off for not wearing them!! Who's right depends on how and where you were brought up... An accident of birth
Oh I couldn't care less. Just noticed it.

general_lee

I see Jeremy Corbyn getting a hard time for not "bowing down" enough at the cenotaph while he laid down a wreath.  ::)

This sort of shite is firmly engrained in British society and has been for the past decade or so. For me the poppy means less and less the more people and the media especially bang on about crap like this. Is there even any ww1 veterans still alive?

There's a funny clip somewhere of commentary from North Korea dubbed over footage of royal celebrations from 2015 and it's actually worrying how compatible it is with the undying devotion that so many British people give these unelected millionaires.