Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 10, 2013, 07:22:12 AM
You really need to get yourself a hobby, friend. You're spending too much time trawling through old posts - never a good sign. I stand by all those statements, btw, - I would argue that the IRA murdered many more people than the British Army in the course of the troubles, but like I said, I think it's healthy that we now have IRA apologists like yourself openly discussing

The search function is great. No trawling through old posts required.

Myles A:
Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 18, 2010, 11:04:23 PM
Who outkilled every other armed grouping? The IRA.

Myles B:
Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 09, 2013, 11:40:47 PM
Murderers are murderers. Doesn't really matter who's top of the killing league

HYPOCRITE
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Wildweasel74

I see the remembrance sunday service from St patricks in Dublin on RTE 1 now with people wearing poppies, feel free to get offended

Club Rossa

I noticed on MOTD this morning that Shane Long didn't have a poppy on his shirt yesterday.Surprised there hasn't been an outcry over It from the poppy fascists,

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 10, 2013, 09:20:08 AM
You really need to get yourself a hobby, friend. You're spending too much time trawling through old posts - never a good sign. I stand by all those statements, btw, - I would argue that the IRA murdered many more people than the British Army in the course of the troubles, but like I said, I think it's healthy that we now have IRA apologists like yourself openly discussing

Myles A:

Myles B:

HYPOCRITE
No need to shout, I heard you the first time. You're working up a head of steam simply to avoid the main point of my post, which is that the IRA were engaged in murder. Other posters claim that they were less efficient murderers than the British Army, a point I disagree with, but you're such a provo-groupie that you can't even bring yourself to use the words 'murder' and 'IRA' in the same sentence. Truly a lost cause.

Was in the paper shop earlier and noticed the front page story that claims that it was a teenage Pat McGeown who fired a bullet into the back of Jean McConville's head. Couldn't be true, though, could it?  He was a hunger striker after all. Were they not all warrior-poets? Here, what did you think of that attempt to kill a former police officer during the week, by placing a bomb under his car? Apparently it would've taken his 12 year old daughter out as well.

CD

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 10, 2013, 12:09:07 PM
I noticed on MOTD this morning that Shane Long didn't have a poppy on his shirt yesterday.Surprised there hasn't been an outcry over It from the poppy fascists,

Nice to see a player who has the courage not to wear it when he doesn't believe it's appropriate. Most players probably don't care one way or the other and probably don't even notice it on their kit. I'll assume James McClean won't have one on today for Wigan - I know he got a bit of stick from Sunderland fans last year.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

stibhan

It's funny how many people who are vociferously in favour of wearing the poppy for Remembrance Day/Week seem to be able to tweet/post/share their outrage at those who choose not to, instead of participating in the ceremonies themselves.

Did they perhaps forget it was Remembrance Day?

CD

Quote from: hardstation on November 10, 2013, 03:02:31 PM
James McClean dropped and sent home for not wearing one. Anyone else hear that?

He's not in the 18

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 10, 2013, 12:52:28 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 10, 2013, 09:20:08 AM

Myles A:

Myles B:

HYPOCRITE
No need to shout, I heard you the first time. You're working up a head of steam simply to avoid the main point of my post, which is that the IRA were engaged in murder. Other posters claim that they were less efficient murderers than the British Army, a point I disagree with, but you're such a provo-groupie that you can't even bring yourself to use the words 'murder' and 'IRA' in the same sentence. Truly a lost cause.

Was in the paper shop earlier and noticed the front page story that claims that it was a teenage Pat McGeown who fired a bullet into the back of Jean McConville's head. Couldn't be true, though, could it?  He was a hunger striker after all. Were they not all warrior-poets? Here, what did you think of that attempt to kill a former police officer during the week, by placing a bomb under his car? Apparently it would've taken his 12 year old daughter out as well.

I was gonna read all that but then I realised that you've probably said the exact opposite on another thread recently and I wouldn't know which of you to listen to. Hypocrite.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

CD

Quote from: CD on November 10, 2013, 03:12:58 PM

He's not in the 18
. . . he just scored a point for Kilcoo!

CD

Quote from: CD on November 10, 2013, 03:28:04 PM

He's not in the 18

The real reason why James McClean didn't play today -http://balls.ie/football/james-mcclean-didnt-play-for-wigan-because-he-had-a-dead-leg/

muppet

Quote from: CD on November 10, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

He's not in the 18

The real reason why James McClean didn't play today -http://balls.ie/football/james-mcclean-didnt-play-for-wigan-because-he-had-a-dead-leg/

Hopefully that is true.

Whatever about wearing a poppy, anyone should be entitled to not wear one for any reason they choose.
MWWSI 2017

CD

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2013, 06:30:04 PM
Quote from: CD on November 10, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

He's not in the 18

Hopefully that is true.

Whatever about wearing a poppy, anyone should be entitled to not wear one for any reason they choose.

Although according to the Derry Daily
http://www.derrydaily.net/2013/11/10/james-mcclean-dropped-by-wigan-for-not-wearing-poppy/

red hander

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 09, 2013, 11:24:04 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 09, 2013, 10:47:19 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2013, 10:12:27 PM
QuoteLots of talk about murderers from the man who frequently voices his support for the murderers of the IRA.

When it comes to murder, those who poppies commemorate put the IRA in the ha'penny place.
Murderers are murderers. Doesn't really matter who's top of the killing league.

You've conveniently changed your tune.

Who killed more Catholics than the British forces? The IRA. Who outkilled every other armed grouping? The IRA. Get your heads out of yer republican arses, lads.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 10, 2009, 07:12:22 AM
As for the IRA killing Catholics, sure that's a matter of public record. They killed more Catholics than any other group in the course of the conflict here.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 06, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
The bombs which killed and maimed hundreds were planted mainly by the cowardly murdering w**k£r of the IRA.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 16, 2009, 05:11:08 PM
these were the protectors who killed more Catholics than the loyalists and the Brits.
The debate's moved on. Then, the context was whether the IRA were protectors of the Catholic population or murderers. Now we have provo apologists like Red Hander conceding that the provos were murderers, just not as prolific as the British Army. I see that as progress.
Where do I concede that, asshole? Irish men have the right to oppose through force of arms the invasion of their country by foreign occupiers. Don't twist my Provo apologist (sic) ways to suit your revisionist unionist bullshit arguments. You've been shown up for the tiresome, deluded hypocrite you are

OakleafCounty

Glad to see the back of it for another year. We have a few months off now before the orange men start again.

Applesisapples

Sainsburys and Debenhams had 2 minutes silence in all their British Stores (including NI) today at 11.00. I wonder how that went down in West Belfast and Derry. A friend recently mentioned what he called the Britishising of the North All the major retailers branding products with Union flags, hanging them from the ceiling and rolling out ponit of sale in our "national colours". Then we have Xfactor, Children in need, UK city of Culture etc... So really Peter is right a majority of Catholics want to remain in th UK, we are all British now.