Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Watched BBC News at 10 there. Every reporter had the poppy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 31, 2013, 10:44:19 PM
Watched BBC News at 10 there. Every reporter had the poppy.

Were you expecting them to be wearing daffodils?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Why do they wear poppies in October?

Farrandeelin

Is it earlier or later this year?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on October 31, 2013, 10:57:52 PM

Who really gives a fcuk? seriously this thread is stupid. Just over half will wear one and the other half won't

MOVE ON, NOTHING TO SEE HERE
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteJust over half will wear one and the other half won't

The problem is that TV stations and the like will associate themselves with the first half even though their revenue comes from both.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 31, 2013, 11:04:59 PM
QuoteJust over half will wear one and the other half won't

The problem is that TV stations and the like will associate themselves with the first half even though their revenue comes from both.

Don't pay your TV licence sure for 3 weeks or don't watch the news or X Factor or any of those type of shows.

Why people get worked up over this is beyond me, the price of fuel, oil, groceries and the price of a pint are more worrying I'd say that someone wearing a red flower on their shirts/coats

Jeepers Creepers

Seen a knitted one today.

armaghniac

QuoteWhy people get worked up over this is beyond me, the price of fuel, oil, groceries and the price of a pint are more worrying I'd say that someone wearing a red flower on their shirts/coats

The price of fuel, oil and so on with the same whether or not people are coat trailing on the TV. Two wrongs do not make a right.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Why do they need to wear them for more than the actual day, whenever that is. Begining to see them in England now. Always found them ugly yokes.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2013, 11:00:57 PM

Who really gives a fcuk? seriously this thread is stupid. Just over half will wear one and the other half

You don't see Christmas trees up in October.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: The Worker on November 01, 2013, 06:25:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2013, 11:00:57 PM

Who really gives a fcuk? seriously this thread is stupid. Just over half will wear one and the other half

You don't see Christmas trees up in October.

Sorry, but you do. I flew from Dublin airport on 18th October, and there was a large Christmas tree in the Departures area, just after you go through security
Hasta la victoria siempre

theticklemister

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
Why do they need to wear them for more than the actual day, whenever that is. Begining to see them in England now. Always found them ugly yokes.
w.

You would not have expected that

Minder

Not this thread again  :-\
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

I noticed yer woman Begley didn't wear one on Nolan the other night. Fair play.