Elections North and South

Started by Farrandeelin, April 18, 2019, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Elections North and South of the border. I know the ones down here not for a while. However the council elections in NI are on 2nd of May. Who will the losers/winners be?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

I thought you were going to say May is the month were the ladies get the low tapps on. 

Was disappointed when I opened this thread tbh.

bogball88

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 18, 2019, 04:09:48 PM
Elections North and South of the border. I know the ones down here not for a while. However the council elections in NI are on 2nd of May. Who will the losers/winners be?
Possible EU elections in the North too. Few quid to be made for those working the poll  ;)

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: bogball88 on April 18, 2019, 04:32:48 PM
Possible EU elections in the North too. Few quid to be made for those working the poll  ;)

By the time you get taxed, it's not worth that much. You will never get rich out of it. Sitting on Industrial Tribunals is a far more lucrative gig altogether!

bogball88

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on April 18, 2019, 08:17:11 PM

By the time you get taxed, it's not worth that much. You will never get rich out of it. Sitting on Industrial Tribunals is a far more lucrative gig altogether!
How do you get in on that gig?

orangeman

Farrandeelin

How will today's vote go in NI? Green and orange lines or will Alliance and Independent get a fair chunk?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2019, 09:34:24 AM
How will today's vote go in NI? Green and orange lines or will Alliance and Independent get a fair chunk?

I say it will be one of the lowest turn outs in years with unionist gaining a bigger gap. The unionist electorate don't mind incompetent representatives that act against their better interests. Nationalist I feel find it tougher to go and vote for a party who hasn't responded to their enhanced position of recent years.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on April 18, 2019, 08:17:11 PM

Bogball - There is an employer panel & an employee panel (this is primarily composed of union reps). One from each panel usually sits on a case, along with an Employment Judge. They normally advertise it locally under 'public appointments' & the successful applicants are then rubber stamped by a minister (that might be difficult, at present). A couple of hundred  quid per day, from 10-4, so can be a nice earner.

Estimator

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 02, 2019, 10:08:36 AM

I say it will be one of the lowest turn outs in years with unionist gaining a bigger gap. The unionist electorate don't mind incompetent representatives that act against their better interests. Nationalist I feel find it tougher to go and vote for a party who hasn't responded to their enhanced position of recent years.

Not sure about what way the turnout will go, but I'd agree with the voting patterns of the Unionist electorate. They'll be out in force, voting for whatever shade of orange is on the ballot paper.  From my own perspective I think Nationalists, would be more opening to changing their vote to other options.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Kidder81

Quote from: Estimator on May 02, 2019, 11:56:22 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 02, 2019, 10:08:36 AM

Not sure about what way the turnout will go, but I'd agree with the voting patterns of the Unionist electorate. They'll be out in force, voting for whatever shade of orange is on the ballot paper.  From my own perspective I think Nationalists, would be more opening to changing their vote to other options.

Don't see too much proof of that

playwiththewind1st

The 11 new super councils had their boundaries agreed & signed off very carefully indeed.  Most will be controlled in perpetuity by one side, or the other. There won't be any major shocks in terms of either SF or DUP losing control of an entire Council, so there's probably a lot of indifference out there. Belfast is probably the most even split, of any of them.

trailer

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 02, 2019, 02:06:01 PM
The 11 new super councils had their boundaries agreed & signed off very carefully indeed.  Most will be controlled in perpetuity by one side, or the other. There won't be any major shocks in terms of either SF or DUP losing control of an entire Council, so there's probably a lot of indifference out there. Belfast is probably the most even split, of any of them.

Yeah they were a complete SF / DUP carve up. Now they won't work with each other at all.
Just another example of these parties delivering for the people.