sid waddell

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 16, 2021, 01:34:42 AM
The supposed talk of McClean wanting to be abused is quite frankly wrong
It could be wrong

He may well just be thick as shit

But I think it's probably a combination of the two

JimStynes

Quote from: An Watcher on February 16, 2021, 07:39:49 AM
Yes James is more at fault here than those booing and threatening to kill him and his family!!!!

Who said he is more at fault? He's just right for not wearing a poppy. But I think he is stupid for putting pro IRA things on his social media. I'd say a lot of us on here wouldn't put pro IRA things on our social media never mind a professional footballer with an extremely large following. He should cut that shit out and stick to exposing those who are throwing racist and sectarian abuse at him. James McClean does a lot of good things for the community but it's never really mentioned because he's usually done something too controversial for the good to get recognised.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 07:54:48 AM
Yes James is more at fault here than those booing and threatening to kill him and his family!!!!

Who said he is more at fault? He's just right for not wearing a poppy. But I think he is stupid for putting pro IRA things on his social media. I'd say a lot of us on here wouldn't put pro IRA things on our social media never mind a professional footballer with an extremely large following. He should cut that shit out and stick to exposing those who are throwing racist and sectarian abuse at him. James McClean does a lot of good things for the community but it's never really mentioned because he's usually done something too controversial for the good to get recognised.

Nobody deserves the abuse him and his family are getting, but putting up a picture of himself home schooling with a Balaclava on and the caption saying today's lesson - History. Them sort of things don't help. 

Angelo

Typical trailer gaslighting above.

Absolutely pathetic. If trailer has his way we'd all apologise for being Catholic or republican.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 07:54:48 AM

I don't follow him on social media and did see the thing he did with the kids wearing balaclava's which was indeed in poor taste but has he posted pro IRA stuff on there as well?

Doesn't make it right though.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 07:21:52 AM
In summary, it's wrong what is happening to McClean but he certified doesn't help himself. A nice fella by all accounts but some common sense wouldn't do him any harm at times too.

As a Derry man, I must agree, btw he was never known for being sharpest tool in the box, disgrace treatment of him, but he should have made his stance, stood by it and kept his mouth shut

thewobbler

One thing we've all seen plenty of in our lifetimes, is journeyman Irish footballers.

Almost none of them get a thread. This one has 51 pages. It gets a spurt almost like clockwork every 6 months.

At this point, is it really unfair to suggest that McLean is the problem, and not English people?

As an aside, anonymous social media will thankfully close soon for the greater good. The world is vile.

Armagh18

Hard to believe there are so called Irishmen on here suggesting McClean is the problem.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 16, 2021, 09:23:34 AM
In summary, it's wrong what is happening to McClean but he certified doesn't help himself. A nice fella by all accounts but some common sense wouldn't do him any harm at times too.

As a Derry man, I must agree, btw he was never known for being sharpest tool in the box, disgrace treatment of him, but he should have made his stance, stood by it and kept his mouth shut

Yeh I agree, he deserves to get death threats. He shouldnt have an open opinion on his own country and should keep his gob shut in case he annoys Johnny Englishman. In fact, I think teachers, when they actually get back to doing a bit of teaching in 2022 maybe, should make sure to tell kids to give in to bullying and threats and keep quite and be a good little paddy.

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on February 16, 2021, 10:30:19 AM
Yeh I agree, he deserves to get death threats.
I totally disagree with your assertion that McClean deserves to get death threats

And if you roll your eyes at that deliberate and performative dismissal of sarcasm, well, I'm only adding to the farce that those who totally refuse to see that McClean posting pro-PIRA stuff might just be an issue for a lot of people in England, have already decided to lay on rich and thick

Angelo

A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

The usual suspects of course.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

If it was Neil Lennon getting the abuse you'd be saying he deserves it.

JimStynes

Yeh I agree, he deserves to get death threats. He shouldnt have an open opinion on his own country and should keep his gob shut in case he annoys Johnny Englishman. In fact, I think teachers, when they actually get back to doing a bit of teaching in 2022 maybe, should make sure to tell kids to give in to bullying and threats and keep quite and be a good little paddy.

Itchy you've any unhealthy obsession with teachers. Are you annoyed that it's midterm break up here in the North?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Now don't be silly, where did I say that, I had a relative shot on Bloody Sunday so I support his stance 100% but by jesus balaclavas and wolfe tones etc, no need , he has his own peoples support, but no need to actively antagonise people

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:41:22 AM

If it was Neil Lennon getting the abuse you'd be saying he deserves it.

Neil Lennon does not deserve the sectarian abuse that comes his way.

He does deserve abuse for the poor job he has done at Celtic and utter contempt he has show the fans during this season.

You on the other hand justify sectarian abuse of McClean.