Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Well done the Rossies!

Another year venturing through the back door.

Looks to much from where I'm looking from to go straight from the back door into the Super 8's and further on!

Shamrock Shore

Stolen from Twitter

Times Square will be quiet tonight

Lar Naparka

Can't have any complaints...Ross deserved their win..... Hope they go win the next one also.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

skeog

James Horan not the tactical genius he is made  out to be.

Hound

Well done Rossies. Thought the ref was harsh enough on yis in the second quarter and then was sure you'd shot your bolt when Mayo got back on terms eventually in the second half. But fair play, great heart, kept going and the winning point was beautiful.

I thought the last free was just about a free alright. Most refs would have given it. Any eejit who says Mayo don't need Cillian, ..... well they're an eejit.

Paddy Durcan is some player. Didn't deserve to lose, but not enough of his teammates played to par.

Wouldn't be surprised if they meet again. Result may be different!

An Fhairche Abu

Fair play to the Rossies, I didn't expect that result but it was deserved, Cunningham had them well setup and Cox is a massive addition up front.
The woeful standard of shooting from Mayo was their Achilles heel yet again, that last free summed it up, just a shocking bad miss.

The Rossies tails will be well up after that victory, up to Galway to be ready to match them in Pearse on the 16th June.

From the Bunker

Quote from: skeog on May 25, 2019, 10:04:11 PM
James Horan not the tactical genius he is made  out to be.

Yeah, there you go! People always say Mayo people always blame the Referee in defeat - I'd say they always Blame the Manager!

Farrandeelin

Fair play to Ros. Scoreboard doesn't lie. Someone on the way out told me Mayo had 18 wides. 18 fuckin wides. I honestly don't know what to say. I mean it's not as if Cunningham was going to give the Mayo forwards freedom of the park like McStay did in CP. Only Fergal Boland can hold his head high from a Mayo point of view, scored some massive points in the second half. Hard to muster much optimism after that tonight. As for Ros, a fine tall strong physical team that managed to take their chances when the opportunities arose. I knew McLoughlin would miss, always does even in non pressure environments. Not absorbing him of blame though as he should've known it from every previous free he ever took from similar positions. Onto the backdoor. You'd hope Horan and co can learn from this game and try to organise forward shooting drills before the next one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Well done to Roscommon on a fully deserved and long overdue win in MacHale park v Mayo.  Great character displayed to grind out the win when Mayo got their noses in front on 63 minutes.

4 year in a row it will be a Roscommon v Galway Connacht final, who would have guessed that after Mayo won 5 in a row Connacht titles in 2015? 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Thought Durcan, O Shea and Coen did well for Mayo. Huge amount of talent off the bench did well for us.

chrissears

i watched the game on sky in  London and imo Boland did very little, anytime we had forward momentum and he got the ball it stopped or worse we went sideways or backwards. All in all a poor display by our lads, too many dropped catches and why are we rushing the ball with only ten minutes on the clock.
Fair play to Roscommon we were beaten by a better team on the day. After winning the league I expected more.

chrissears

Coen was excellent today without his scores it could have been worse

Blowitupref

Coen was the stand out player for Mayo tonight IMO. 0-5 from play has he ever got that type of scoring total for Mayo before at any grade? i don't recall it if he did.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Randy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2019, 10:25:57 PM
I knew McLoughlin would miss, always does even in non pressure environments. Not absorbing him of blame though as he should've known it from every previous free he ever took from similar positions. Onto the backdoor. You'd hope Horan and co can learn from this game and try to organise forward shooting drills before the next one.

I thought the exact same. I was wondering, did Diarmuid instruct him to take it. Loftus was shaping up to take it.

Rossfan

I'm still in a daze.....
Won't be able to comment on the game till I watch the recording as it was all so absorbing I can't recall things right at all.
Well done lads and management.
33 years hoodoo gone.
Yahooooooooo
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM