Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Roy Keane: You can give them credit but at the end of the day........City are out of the cup!
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Strangely I think City may have answered more questions today in terms of league performance. I question their bottle, and character when it gets to squeaky bum time. Today a few boys stood up and faced the challenge head on in the second half. Good game.

Opta stats showing Scholes had a 97% pass completion record! I remember at least 2 misplaced ones in the second half. Stats can be strange!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Captain Obvious

Seen this on bbc, "Blimey, not bad for a Europa League match."

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2012, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 08, 2012, 03:08:28 PM
Strangely I think City may have answered more questions today in terms of league performance. I question their bottle, and character when it gets to squeaky bum time. Today a few boys stood up and faced the challenge head on in the second half. Good game.

Opta stats showing Scholes had a 97% pass completion record! I remember at least 2 misplaced ones in the second half. Stats can be strange!
Could he have passed the ball 100 times?

In 30 minutes? Doubtful.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

I see Keane has been reeled in by Fergie. Comments are nicey nicey! You don't mess with Sir! ;D

muppet

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 08, 2012, 03:14:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2012, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 08, 2012, 03:08:28 PM

Could he have passed the ball 100 times?

In 30 minutes? Doubtful.

Its soccer maths.

You start with 100%, then three missed passes and you are at 97%.

Gibson gets 100% all the time.
MWWSI 2017

laceer

69/71 = 97% not that hard to work out

EC Unique

From the Bunker

Quote from: laceer on January 08, 2012, 03:21:49 PM
69/71 = 97% not that hard to work out

Thought it might be 35/36!
or 29/30!

or 43/44

or 62/64

EC Unique

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 08, 2012, 03:08:44 PM
Seen this on bbc, "Blimey, not bad for a Europa League match."

Very good :D

ross4life

First off credit to City fine fight back with 10 men even in defeat they have showed there improvement from last season.

Quote from: ross4life on January 04, 2012, 09:56:12 PM
Anyways need to bounce back from these defeats now & no better place than in the Manchester derby on Sunday.
While other teams would crumble the thing that makes Man United stand out from the rest is their ability to bounce back & i for one never doubted them! got lucky on the sending off I'm hearing. (about time United got some luck this season) funny how history has kinda repeated itself..last season before the Manchester derby cup tie City lost 3-0 in previous game & was given little chance to beat United roles reversed today, looking forward to watching the highlights tonight.

Remains to be seen how this result will affect the title race? For example 20 years ago Man United knocked Leeds out of the FA,league cups but Leeds still went on to win the league but for now welcome back Paul Scholes & in the words of U2 it's beautiful day. ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

You will enjoy Scholesys highlight.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ross4life on January 08, 2012, 04:26:13 PM
First off credit to City fine fight back with 10 men even in defeat they have showed there improvement from last season.

Anyways need to bounce back from these defeats now & no better place than in the Manchester derby on Sunday.
While other teams would crumble the thing that makes Man United stand out from the rest is their ability to bounce back & i for one never doubted them! got lucky on the sending off I'm hearing. (about time United got some luck this season) funny how history has kinda repeated itself..last season before the Manchester derby cup tie City lost 3-0 in previous game & was given little chance to beat United roles reversed today, looking forward to watching the highlights tonight.

Remains to be seen how this result will affect the title race? For example 20 years ago Man United knocked Leeds out of the FA,league cups but Leeds still went on to win the league but for now welcome back Paul Scholes & in the words of U2 it's beautiful day. ;D
Really?

ross4life

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 08, 2012, 04:29:06 PM

Really?
Well the rossies only drew so not really.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on January 08, 2012, 04:34:44 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 08, 2012, 04:29:06 PM

Really?
Well the rossies only drew so not really.

I'd have thought you would have liked U2's: Where the sheep have no name
MWWSI 2017