Previous topic - Next topic

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

Ok give me some of your suggestions please, I'm dying to hear

I am still trying to establish their accountability, feel free to enlighten me.

Who accountability? ETI? They report from their findings to the education dept, the principal and head teachers.. I thought you knew all this?

I've sat through a few over the years, prepare all you want, if you're crap at your job no amount of preparation will actually make you look good

So can you give me your suggestions on what to do or like you've always done with your previous names just avoid the question?

So they are accountable one week in what 3 years?

delgany

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 07:28:07 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

Who accountability? ETI? They report from their findings to the education dept, the principal and head teachers.. I thought you knew all this?

I've sat through a few over the years, prepare all you want, if you're crap at your job no amount of preparation will actually make you look good

So can you give me your suggestions on what to do or like you've always done with your previous names just avoid the question?

There are several layers of accountability in schools in tbe North, from ETI, BOG, Principal , senior leaders, key stage and subject leaders/ co - ordinators. The majority of evaluations / pupil outcomes are data driven, determined by standardised testing, 11+, GCSE & A levels.
Schools aim to be  self - evaluating annual targets for improvement, these are reviewed by ETI, in a 3 year cycle.
You have the whole debate around exam results etc etc. Way too much info required for a forum. Education is a very complex process in terms of continous  improvement but this is the aim of all  schools.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Some number of idiots on this thread.

trailer

Barnster

My kids old primary recruited of late daughter of the VP, son of the principal, primary 4 and 5 I believe, principal and Head of board of governors besties, some scrutiny there I suppose.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 09:47:32 PM
My kids old primary recruited of late daughter of the VP, son of the principal, primary 4 and 5 I believe, principal and Head of board of governors besties, some scrutiny there I suppose.
Employing your mates (on top dollar) when they retire is the law.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: delgany on August 14, 2022, 08:00:33 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 07:28:07 PM

There are several layers of accountability in schools in tbe North, from ETI, BOG, Principal , senior leaders, key stage and subject leaders/ co - ordinators. The majority of evaluations / pupil outcomes are data driven, determined by standardised testing, 11+, GCSE & A levels.
Schools aim to be  self - evaluating annual targets for improvement, these are reviewed by ETI, in a 3 year cycle.
You have the whole debate around exam results etc etc. Way too much info required for a forum. Education is a very complex process in terms of continous  improvement but this is the aim of all  schools.
My wife's school hasn't seen the ETI in 7 years. Robust oversight there  ;D

Barnster

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 14, 2022, 09:58:37 PM
My mechanic recently took his son on as an apprentice. Totally disinterested and needs a good f**kin wash, the smelly hoor.

One pathetic post.

ONeill

You have to wonder what goes on in staffrooms. Any time I drive past a school I see packed staffrooms and loads of people laughing and big expensive coffee machines going flat out as well as music blasting. Wouldn't be surprised if there are dart boards and billiard tables.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

marty34

I'd say this is the norm.

Jobs for the boys and girls.

I heard that job ads are written out specifically for certain candidates.

Bit unfair if true.

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 09:54:05 PM
Employing your mates (on top dollar) when they retire is the law.

Yeah, that annoys me big time.

FermGael

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2022, 10:08:46 PM
You have to wonder what goes on in staffrooms. Any time I drive past a school I see packed staffrooms and loads of people laughing and big expensive coffee machines going flat out as well as music blasting. Wouldn't be surprised if there are dart boards and billiard tables.

You ever drive past the staffroom with its own barista?
That's the dream

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

marty34

Quote from: FermGael on August 14, 2022, 10:14:53 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2022, 10:08:46 PM

You ever drive past the staffroom with its own barista?
That's the dream

You drive by O'Neill....and you can see all that.