All Ireland Club Championships

Started by revsperminute, December 10, 2019, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Angelo

Doesn't Corofin have a massive catchment area?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

twohands!!!

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 20, 2020, 10:18:43 AMKilcoo seriously rattled them and had their shooting boots been on in the first half then I think there is a strong chance we would be here wondering what happened to the Corofin machine that failed to make the 3 in a row.

I don't have stats on it but I'm convinced that reduced shooting efficiency is a common by-product of teams who play a massed deep defence.

If a team's forwards are constantly dropping back into their own half and then having to run half the length of the pitch to get a shot off they are bound to be less efficient compared to forwards who don't venture outside the opposition's 45 metre line.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2020, 09:30:05 PM
sssssshhh. you are not allowed to bring that up

Kingdom37

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2020, 09:30:05 PM

By rural club standards yes as it's very spread out but not compared to your average urban club or many town clubs would probably have a bigger pick.

Blowitupref

Na Gaeil too much of step up for the Wexford and Leinster champions. 3-20 1-5. A 5th Junior AI title in 6 years for a Kerry club.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Harold Disgracey

This ref is absolutely screwing Magheracloone.

Blowitupref

Looking good for the tribesmen at half time.  Oughterard 1-10 Magheracloone 0-7
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tyronefan

SomeLadHey

Blowitupref

FT Oughterard 2-16 Magheracloone 0-12. Congrats to the tribesmen. Moycullen 2008 the last intermediate AI winner from Galway. Monaghan lads chances not helped by finishing the match with 13 men

GalwayBayBoy

Oughterard 2-16 Magheracloone 0-12

Magheracloone pay the price for a lot of first half yellow cards. Two reds followed in the second.

Fair play to the men from the gateway to north Connemara.

Enda Tierney motm I would imagine.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 25, 2020, 04:35:34 PM
Na Gaeil too much of step up for the Wexford and Leinster champions. 3-20 1-5. A 5th Junior AI title in 6 years for a Kerry club.

Yeah, what is really the Kerry Intermediate 'B' Champions have done well in the Junior All Ireland Club championship.

Having only 8 Senior teams means that they have 8 senior teams in the intermediate grade and 8 Intermediate teams in the Junior grade.

GalwayBayBoy

Only one married man on the Oughterard team lol.