The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

I still like watching him fight all the same.
Keep 'er lit

johnnycool

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 16, 2019, 02:10:49 PM
I still like watching him fight all the same.

In the Octogon I presume.

Big lad on the stool wasn't overly perturbed by the sneaky punch.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Great card at the weekend.  Some cracking fights!

Nate Diaz is the most awkward, but effective fighter I've watched.
Keep 'er lit

Hound

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 19, 2019, 09:27:45 AM
Great card at the weekend.  Some cracking fights!

Nate Diaz is the most awkward, but effective fighter I've watched.
Diaz was great!
And quite unusual to have a UFC star with an upper body not decimated with tattoos!

JimStynes

Would it be fair to say MMA has more of a spide element to it than boxing?

Hound

Had to look that up:
spide

Native to Belfast, but variations are found throughout the UK under different guises. (e.g, Glasgow/Edinburgh - Neds, Liverpool - Scallies) Spides have a general dress code. This consists of a tracksuit, baseball cap and brilliant white trainors. This uniform is often complimented with a few sovereign rings and the biggest necklace they can afford. A spide can often be found in estates or on some occasions in public. It is when they enter into civilisation that a spide is at it's most dangerous, often hunting in packs for people they don't like the look off. These groups include rival spide groupings, students, 'hippies', ethnic minorities and the elderly. It is advisable to avoid spides as they can get quite aggressive when confronted with reason. In their native habitat of the 'estate', spides like nothing better than drinking 'carry-outs' and fertilising millies. Often cheat the benefits system

The dole office was full of spides many of whom had little tashes. Janty was there too.

While there are many who move to MMA from martial arts where there often is an emphasis on respect, etc, you're probably not far out. Conor would presumably have attracted a huge "spide" element!

The Gs Man

Quote from: JimStynes on August 19, 2019, 12:49:52 PM
Would it be fair to say MMA has more of a spide element to it than boxing?

MMA isn't just McGregor ye know!   ;)
Keep 'er lit

JimStynes

I am not even talking solely about McGregor. Years ago I thought this as well, especially when all the local dickheads were walking about the local town in tap out t-shirts acting hard.

thejuice

Living abroad the McGregor phenomenon has largely passed me by thankfully. I used to think his antics were merely promotional but this isn't the behavior of someone who really should be secure enough in life to be above this sort of carry on. He seems quite petty and self absorbed. Soon enough he'll be out of his own with only a few leeches for a bit of company unless he sorts himself out.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Medic

Yoel Romero vs Paulo Costa (UFC 241 Highlights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4aLcD72aRk

2 beasts going toe to toe

QuoteLuke Rockhold Is in a Coma after watching this fight.

LOL
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Hound

Seems to be an internet mini craze of people and pub owners throwing bottles of Proper 12 down the drain/toilet/sink since the video of his assault. Certainly understand people boycotting his product, but throwing it away after you've already paid for it and given him the profit  ??? 

MoChara

Quote from: Hound on August 19, 2019, 08:26:28 PM
Seems to be an internet mini craze of people and pub owners throwing bottles of Proper 12 down the drain/toilet/sink since the video of his assault. Certainly understand people boycotting his product, but throwing it away after you've already paid for it and given him the profit  ???

Good for a bit of advertisement

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Gmac

Quote from: Medic on August 23, 2019, 12:34:11 PM
Stipe Miocic owes DC's liver an apology...  :-* :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZY4Rr-0y0
i enjoy Chaels 5/10 min breakdowns of fights and his takes on the ufc in general, great speaker .