Ciarán Kilkenny returns from Aussie Rules

Started by Geoff Tipps, January 10, 2013, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Fair play to him. Couldn't have been an easy decision, great coup for the GAA in general, not only the Dubs.

orangeman

Major boost to the Dubs and to his club as well of course.

Ní glaise iad na cnoic ibhfad uainn igcónaí.

Says it all.

highorlow

That statement is class. Fair play to him.

Someone should post a copy to Seanie Johnson.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

Hope he sticks to the small ball myself but good luck to him

heffo

Ard-Rí

There's no question but that he's overrated, even so, it's good news for Dubh Linn and good luck to them and to him.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

highorlow

QuoteThere's no question but that he's overrated

I don't think he is that hyped up (so far)?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ard-Rí on January 10, 2013, 12:31:05 PM
There's no question but that he's overrated, even so, it's good news for Dubh Linn and good luck to them and to him.

Overrated? There hasn't been a dual talent like him since Jimmy Barry Murphy and McCarthy, a cracking player at such a young age, plenty time to mature into a great player. Has highorlow pointed out not overly hyped

Like Declan has said, I hope he plums for the hurlers at some point in his career, hard to do nowdays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Is he at college or anything? I reckon an oul coaching job may open up for him if he is unemployed!!!!lol!! Ah fair play to the lad.

snoopdog

Great boost fro the Dubs, Quality footballer from what ive seen.
I would probably think he was homesick and that was his main reason for returning.
Good to have him back will only be an asset to the GAA as a whole

Itchy

Breath of fresh air that statement and I wish him well.

The Hill is Blue

Great news for Irish sport in general and for gaelic games in particular.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hound

Brave decision to do the u-turn. Delighted to have him back.
Personally I think he's a better footballer than hurler.
I think its fair comment to call him an underage star, but not all underage stars make the grade at senior intercounty level, so he'll have to prove his merits and deal with the very high expectations.

Hurling got plenty of mentions in his statement, so it'll be very interesting to see if he does try and be a dual player.

I believe DCU had offered him a scholarship, so I wonder does the offer still stand?