The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2017, 09:37:37 PM
How are liverpool not winning this game.
That's Liverpool! It aint the first time it's happened.
Some save from their keeper at the end there.
Poor point against a poor team but not the end of the world.
Two games against Maribor next.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Very frustrating. Firmino wasn't on song and I'd have brought him off before Mane. Then sturridge had one of those days where he wanted to beat the world, but wanted half an hour every time he got it.

Capt Pat

Could have been better, but still a good result. We will have qualified from this group before the final game in Seville, with 2 games against Maribor and a home game against Moscow up next.

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 26, 2017, 10:55:59 PM
Could have been better, but still a good result. We will have qualified from this group before the final game in Seville, with 2 games against Maribor and a home game against Moscow up next.

Spartak were missing a load of players. Shouldn't presume three points in the return.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on September 27, 2017, 12:19:15 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 26, 2017, 10:55:59 PM

Spartak were missing a load of players. Shouldn't presume three points in the return.

Big opportunity missed last night. NOt sure about the keeper for the goal, should have done better.

For all the abuse the defense has taken (and rightly so on most occasions), the forwards need to take a look at themselves as their finishing is just not clinical enough.   7 goals against Sevilla, Burnley, Leicester and Moscow from close to 100 attempts and with the amount of possession  is just not good enough. You could argue Firminio was unlucky with the header etc but it happens far to often that he gives the keeper a chance. Look at Kane's hatrick last night, one right foot, one left foot and one header all in the corner of the goal. Clinical, like fowler or Van Nisteroy back in the day. Fowler was the best man I ever saw for scuffing his shot that bobbles in off the post.

ON the plus side, Couthinho. ;D

Denn Forever

Are Liverpool becoming the new Arsenal?  The team who play beautiful football but no end product?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

Liverpool had some excellent chances to win the game.

One defining difference was that Spartak's reserve keeper was better than Liverpool's.

nothingbettertobeat

Two Tickets to Liverpool and United Sunday 14th October 12.30 kick off. Tickets are in the liverpool end and cost £55 each will accept £120 for the pair of the tickets can be lifted in armagh.

07885 291757
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 01, 2017, 09:09:45 AM
Two Tickets to Liverpool and United Sunday 14th October 12.30 kick off. Tickets are in the liverpool end and cost £55 each will accept £120 for the pair of the tickets can be lifted in armagh.

07885 291757

£110, you can't count
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2017, 09:23:25 AM

07885 291757

That's what we paid £55 each £110 will accept £120 as there in demand 🙄

£110, you can't count
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 01, 2017, 09:32:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2017, 09:23:25 AM

07885 291757

That's what we paid £55 each £110 will accept £120 as there in demand 🙄

£110, you can't count

You'd get a lot more on eBay...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2017, 10:09:34 AM
What do you plan to spend the tenner on?
Two homebaked Anfield pies would probably set you back a tenner?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 01, 2017, 10:43:35 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2017, 10:09:34 AM
What do you plan to spend the tenner on?
Two homebaked Anfield pies would probably set you back a tenner?

Easy, but if he's not going he won't be buying the pies.

laoislad

Brutal. No other word for it.
My 3 year old asked me why aren't my red team scoring  ;D
I had no answer for him!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

That's 2 points dropped for Newcastle!