Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2018, 06:19:45 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 09, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Ur the one that needs to retract ur statement  :)

I think you need to look up the definition of nuture

There is none
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Milltown Row2

At this rate Utd might just avoid relegation..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

They denied Fergie the funds he wanted for a good share of the time he was their manager bc1, famously buying Antonio Valencia, Gabriel Obertan and Michael Owen the year Ronaldo left for a World record fee. "No value in the market" was what Fergie used to say 😀.

In my opinion the owners are happier with Jose than he'll be with them. They don't care where they finish other than making the top 4 at least every second year (to avoid reduction in payments built into contracts with Adidas and others). Jose will more or less guarantee that will happen and he would still attract big names should the need arise. I'd be more inclined to think he'll work an exit strategy before they will (I know this will please Seanie  :D)

Milltown Row2

Utd missing a few players for tomorrow! MS might get a game

Carmen Stateside

Will Lukaku play tomorrow?

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on August 10, 2018, 07:22:26 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/09/manchester-united-veto-jose-mourinho-wishlist-cash-fears

Interesting read

Credit to Woodward and the board for once. Clearly Pogba's performance at the World Cup must have been their lightbulb moment. The manager is a dead man walking - just hope the season isn't beyond repair when he is sacked.

Jeepers Creepers

Can't say I disagree with any of Woodward's assessment above if true. While I'm disappointed Utd didn't add another signing before the  deadline, I'm definitely not disappointed that they didn't sign any of the names being mentioned. Maguire, Mina, Zuma et all

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 10, 2018, 08:31:51 AM
Can't say I disagree with any of Woodward's assessment above if true. While I'm disappointed Utd didn't add another signing before the  deadline, I'm definitely not disappointed that they didn't sign any of the names being mentioned. Maguire, Mina, Zuma et all

But happy to continue with Jones, Smalling as central defenders?

Insane Bolt

All together now for Jose......aaw😂

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2018, 08:43:16 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 10, 2018, 08:31:51 AM

But happy to continue with Jones, Smalling as central defenders?

Hopefully Bailly (if he can stay fit) and either or until an world class centre half becomes available.

Boycey

Jesus lads the day Woodward and the board think they know more about players than the manager is a sad f**king day and the same goes for any manager at any club. If Mourinho is a dead man walking then he should be sacked today..

NAG1

I dont think there was anything majorly wrong with the squad, yes it could be improved in certain areas, but by no means did it need a major overhaul. A centre back would have been priority. That being said if he cant get a workable partnership between Bailiy, Rojo, Jones & Smalling then maybe says more about his coaching than the standard or player he is working with.

I am excited to see Fred actually and I think he could be the key to allowing Pogba to keep his WC form going.

Martial pissed off and playing for an exit route might not be a bad thing, with the other attacking options hopefully all contributing.

Everyone is behind City and if they dont win the leage this year it will be through their own faults most likely.

snoopdog

If Jose is a dead man walking then who is he replaced with. ? Zidane? Who else would be options. We are running out of options. Do we need a guy who knows the club knows the fans. Is Bruce a contender? Its all pie in the sky stuff. Mourinho is a successful manager you dont win european cups with porto and inter milan without knowing a thing or two. Utd were a bit of a shambles when he took over. Hopefully the playees he has brought in will start to click. He can he be fired he b4 xmas ? Does he need more time. Utd could turn back to 68 to 93  very quickly by choping and changing managers  26 years without a title happened before with manager ins and outs every couple of seasons. Liverpool another example of that.