Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

The Iceman

I think I had a shot at the 4th spot.
Its all about pride at this point.

Good luck Seanie in the playoffs!!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

declan85

Heres the standings in the Montana Conference going into the final week before the playoffs. Matchups this week also including last nights games. 6 teams still vying for 3 playoff places...

North and South
2. Shower of tramps 9-4-0 .692 8-3-0 1550.04 1328.62
4. CAPT PATs VIKINGS 8-5-0 .615 7-4-0 1515.53 1312.14
5. Craigyhill Terrors 8-5-0 .615 7-4-0 1473.21 1436.21
8. hegan's helmets 6-7-0 .462 5-6-0 1508.91 1514.03
10. RedBolts MightyOaks 6-7-0 .462 5-6-0 1313.74 1535.89
12. Big Apple Orchards 4-9-0 .308 4-8-0 1341.07 1500.74
13. O'Neill's Chargers 3-10-0 .231 3-8-0 1449.15 1570.36
East and West
*1. New York Jets IV 11-2-0 .846 9-2-0 1713.47 1346.69
3. Smackdown Clowns 8-5-0 .615 7-4-0 1719.31 1543.18
6. Faithful Turfmen 8-5-0 .615 7-5-0 1457.92 1520.42
7. Galway Bay Tribesmen 7-6-0 .538 5-6-0 1537.96 1569.53
9. Ruthless Rossies 6-7-0 .462 5-6-0 1422.64 1540.36
11. The Royal Badgers 4-9-0 .308 3-8-0 1409.80 1567.25
14. The Curragh Rams 3-10-0 .231 3-8-0 1347.99 1475.32
* = Clinched Playoff Spot

Smackdown Clowns 0.00
The Royal Badgers 24.95

Craigyhill Terrors 0.00
O'Neill's Chargers 0.00

New York Jets IV 0.00
The Curragh Rams 0.00

Galway Bay Tribesmen 24.18
Ruthless Rossies 7.00

RedBolts MightyOaks 5.00
CAPT PATs VIKINGS 20.00

hegan's helmets 33.95
Shower of tramps 6.00

Big Apple Orchards 0.00
Faithful Turfmen 0.00

AZOffaly

Gutted :) Well done to the 4 playoff bound teams in the Montana Conference. I ended up just on the outside, looking in, but a 9-5 record is my best for some couple of seasons, so happy enough with that. Missing out on points difference is a bummer, but it shows how tight the league is.

So, in Montana Conference, well done to our top seed New York Jets IV, who finished with a 12-2 record, a full 2 games better than their nearest rival, to win the East and West Division, and claim #1 rankings in the playoffs.

#2 seed will be the Shower of Tramps who clinched victory this week in the North and South division by beating hegan's helmets to claim a 10-4 record and a berth in the conference playoffs.

#3 seed is from the East and West Conference, and the runner up there, Smackdown Clowns. 9-5 was good enough to take the #3 seed, with an impressive 1836 points. The #4 seed, by a mere 50 points over 14 games was the North and South runner up, Craigyhill Terrors, also on a 9-5 mark who pipped the in no way bitter Faithful Turfmen.

So, the playoffs for the Montana Conference next week will feature
1) New York Jets IV v 4) Craigyhill Terrors
2) Shower of Tramps v 3) Smackdown Clowns

In the Payton Conference, pride of place goes to the unbelievable rookie performance of the 13-1 Coolera Bears. #1 seeds and 1893 points is a great debut season for the Bears, and they will be hoping to carry on through the playoffs now.

The number 2 seed goes to the Crossmaglen Hitmen, division winners of North and East, with a record of 9-5, illustrating the disparity between performances in these two divisions. That record and points status would be good for 4th in the South and West Division.

#3 and #4 seeds, as wildcards with the best records, both go to South and West teams, with the number 3 seed going to the 12-2 Ballyhaise Bills, and the #4 seed going to the L'Esprit de Biff squad, who make a welcome return to the playoffs by squeaking in on points difference on a 9-5 mark, ahead of the Red Hand Helmets, albeit by a margin of 100 points.

So, in the Payton Conference

#1) Coolera Bears v #4) L'Esprit de Biff
#2) Crossmaglen Hitmen v #3) Ballyhaise Bills.

Semi Finals to be played this week, so remember your teams for Thursday night!!

There are also consolation matches for the teams ranked 5-8 in each conference, so check them out and submit your teams if you are in.

Hope everyone enjoyed the league this year, and as always, suggestions welcome for next season.

Enjoy the Playoffs, and may the best two teams win to face off for the title of GAA Board Superbowl VI Champion in our playoff predictions competition.

Capt Pat

What a disaster that was, after a 5-1 start, I finished 3-5. I had a bit of bad luck with Antonio Gates who was the best fantasy player in the league at one point getting injured and the Tennessee Titans turning a corner and going backwards, I had 4 players, Britt, Bironas, Griffin and the Tennessee defense who were also league leaders in their positions, whose production all fell off dramatically. I thought I would cruise into the playoffs at one stage. TO went quiet after a strong start to the season as did Boldin. De Angelo Williams my top draft pick went on IR after doing nothing and I traded away Tom Brady and Brandon Jacobs for a bag of doughnuts and Joe Flacco. 

Well done to those that got through, but I will be back next year.

declan85

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 14, 2010, 11:42:18 AM
What a disaster that was, after a 5-1 start, I finished 3-5. I had a bit of bad luck with Antonio Gates who was the best fantasy player in the league at one point getting injured and the Tennessee Titans turning a corner and going backwards, I had 4 players, Britt, Bironas, Griffin and the Tennessee defense who were also league leaders in their positions, whose production all fell off dramatically. I thought I would cruise into the playoffs at one stage. TO went quiet after a strong start to the season as did Boldin. De Angelo Williams my top draft pick went on IR after doing nothing and I traded away Tom Brady and Brandon Jacobs for a bag of doughnuts and Joe Flacco. 

Well done to those that got through, but I will be back next year.

Not trying to make you feel any worse but if you hadnt traded Brady away you easily would have made the playoffs and i think it would be yours to lose now...

the Deel Rover

can anyone post up the payton results this week just to see did i even finish with a win . i think i left mc fadden on the bench  (and he scored a bagfull of course) which has been typical of my season this year . any way well done to Az on running it again this year and heres hoping the title comes west  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Rehab is 4 Quitters
         136.36    Final
      mayo warriors
      puppet master
         91.50    Final
      Old Jack City
      L'Esprit de Biff
         116.40    Final
      Ballyhaise Bills
      Faithful Turfmen B
         101.55    Final
      Coolera Bears
      North Antrim Nuggets
         106.03    Final
      Crossmaglen Hitmen
      Shreks Ogres
         97.82    Final
      Carlow for Sam 2011
      The ConVICKS
         54.25    Final
      Red Hand Helmets

eiled in the bushes

well done AZ,that was a great league you ran. it was my first year trying this kind of thing and next year i will learn from some of the silly rookie mistakes i made this time  :-[
get some metal in your life

mc_grens

Great stuff yet again AZ. My worst year, but very enjoyable none the less.

Good stuff.

The Iceman

I am tipping myself for the title next year!

People's Champion after this weeks performance - highest scoring team.... :)

DrinkingHarp

Fuc%!ng TO (not Tyrones Own) takes himself out of the game with a sore knee and 0 points.

I lost by 3.18 points

Congrats Ballyhaise Bills and good luck against the Coolera Bears , you will need it.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Big upset in the making in the Payton Conference thanks to John Abraham a DL.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magpie seanie

Firstly congrats to Ballyhaise. You won the most important of our 3 tussles this season. I am completely gutted. Was convinced all along I'd beat you in this one and even with the Bears D going awol and San Diego imploding I couldn't see Abraham outscoring Colston in the last game but hey - I guess that's fantasy NFL. Good luck in the predictions comp that I think you have to win to take the overall title.

Thanks a million to AZ for organising it. I genuinely hadn't much of an idea at the start but I got hooked. I'm sick I didn't win it out but I'm also raging its over either way. Massive craic. Doubt I'll be as tuned in next year but roll on August and we'll get it going again.

declan85

After a one year stopover to bitter rivals Mayo the Montana Conference Crown has returned to Roscommon ;D Though it must be said that the two counties have shared the last 4 Montana titles.

Review of my Fantasy Season:

Best Draft Pick: A Rodgers (1)
Honourable Mentions: J Witten (4), H Nicks (5)

Worst Draft Pick: P Thomas (2)
Honourable Mentions: None close to Thomas

Best Pickup: D Bess
Honourable Mentions: M Tolbert, B Green-Ellis, J Tuck

Worst Pickup: Deji Karim (A one week stop gap at RB for his return yards, got me 1 point)
No Honourable Mentions

Worst Drop: S Holmes