NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on September 21, 2010, 02:55:51 AM
I understand the odd backup but holding on to a mid tier RB when you have no WR's doesnt' make sense.
Theres boys out there with 3 starting RB's and 2 on the bench......

I think you can propose trades directly to other teams so maybe you should give that a go?

the Deel Rover

could some one post the results from the payton conference lads
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2010, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 21, 2010, 02:55:51 AM
I understand the odd backup but holding on to a mid tier RB when you have no WR's doesnt' make sense.
Theres boys out there with 3 starting RB's and 2 on the bench......

I think you can propose trades directly to other teams so maybe you should give that a go?
Aye already did Seanie - sorry for the rant. I just get frustrated with all these bench players
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Rossie11

In the Montana conference I am willing to look at offers for Wes Welker for a top tier RB.

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 21, 2010, 02:07:54 PM

Payton Cof results (congrats, you won!)

Coolera Bears 137.03, The ConVicks 85.70;
Rehab is 4 Quitters 92.13, Ballyhaise Bills 130.90;
Mayo Warriors 116.42, Old Jack City 112.19;
Puppet Master 85.05, Shrek's Ogres 88.03;
North Antrim Nuggets 136.37, Red Hand Helmets 109.15;
L'esprit de Biff 124.93, Faithful Turfmen B 78.03;
Carlow For Sam 2011 77.37, Crossmaglen Hitmen 148.00.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2010, 04:54:27 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 21, 2010, 02:07:54 PM

Payton Cof results (congrats, you won!)

Coolera Bears 137.03, The ConVicks 85.70;
Rehab is 4 Quitters 92.13, Ballyhaise Bills 130.90;
Mayo Warriors 116.42, Old Jack City 112.19;
Puppet Master 85.05, Shrek's Ogres 88.03;
North Antrim Nuggets 136.37, Red Hand Helmets 109.15;
L'esprit de Biff 124.93, Faithful Turfmen B 78.03;
Carlow For Sam 2011 77.37, Crossmaglen Hitmen 148.00.

cheers seanie season back on track :) looks like the rookie from sligeach could be the 1 to watch this year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

There will indeed. I'll get them out tomorrow. I'll bring in the weekend matches as well to make them relevant :D

The Iceman

I am throwing Mike Vick up for Trade for anyone interested or weak on the QB side.
I want a RB in return.  Peyton conference.

AZOffaly

Seeing as how I'm a bit late this week, I think I'll do it 'Janus' style. (Look it up :D) If it works out, this might be the best way of doing recaps etc, because I'm usually a little less pressured on a Friday.

Anyhow, with the previews of this weekends action, and a nod to the past week, here we go for the Montana Conference. Please note comments in the preview are based on the current line up.

First on the slate is the clash of two unbeatens in the East and West division, and current incumbents of first and second place respectively as the Galway Bay Tribesmen take on the Faithful Turfmen. The Tribesmen are coming off a hard fought 125.60 - 116.65 victory over the Royal Badgers, and will be confident having top scored by quite a distance in this conference over the first 2 weeks. Payton Manning (QB-IND) is coming off two big weeks, and Matt Forte (RB-CHI) has been a revelation as he makes his way back to 2008 form in the Chicago passing attack as Jay Cutler's primary dump off guy. Tim Hightower (RB-ARI) may suffer slightly with the return of Beanie Wells, but all the indications are that Hightower will still get the most work, and be the passing back, at least initially on Wells' return. Last week big performances from the aforementioned trio were the backbone of the Tribesmen's victory, and they will need to replicate, and possibly get more out of Randy Moss (WR-NE) that to ensure victory here.The Turfmen moved onto a 2-0 mark with a good win over the NEw York Jets IV, and would have been delighted to see Matt Schaub (QB-HOU) bounce back after a poor opening weekend. Adrian Peterson (RB-MIN) also looked more like himself, while Chris Cooley (TE-WAS) continued his nice start on the season. Greg Jennings (WR-GB) was disappointing in what should be a high powered offense in Green Bay, and he will need to pick it up for the Turfmen to be serious candidates. Hines Ward (WR-PIT) struggled as the Steelers went from Dixon to Batch (3rd to 4th choice Starters at QB), so this week's matchup is unlikely to set pulses racing as Batch will start against the fast starting (but probably falsely positioned) Tampa Bay Buccs.

Next up in the Montana Conference sees the Royal Badgers (0-2), bottom of the East-West division, taking on the 1-1 Ruthless Rossies. Given the fact that the Badgers scored 116.65 points last week, they can be pretty angry at Brett Favre (QB-MIN). They're not the first team to live and die by the old gunslinger, but Favre's 3 INTs and -3.50 points really hurt in a 9 point loss. On the bright side, the performances of Malcolm Floyd (WR-SD) in Vincent Jackson's continued absence in San Diego, and especially Jahvid Best (RB-DET) will be bright spots. Best had a ridiculous day the last time out as he chalked up 42.60 points against a Philadelphia Eagles defense who did not make their name giving up days like that to rookie running backs, even if it was mostly through the air. This week Best faces a formidable Vikings Run defense, so any production may need to be through the air again. Can lightening strike twice? Better to plan for not. Also fristrating for the Badgers was the poor outing for Chris Johnson (RB-TEN) as the Steel Curtain slammed shut on him for only 6.65 points, but the glass half full perspective there is that Johnson takes on a NYG defense that was gashed by a notoriously brittle Colts run game last Sunday night. For the Badgers to feel good, you would think Best, Johnson, Favre and Floyd will all have to have significant double digit outings this week. On the Rossies side of the ball, they are coming off a great win against the Curragh Rams (134.26 - 125.13). Miles Austin (WR-DAL) continued to be the man in big D as he added 20.10 points, and coming up against a Texans defense that gives up as much as it does through the air, you have to like Austin in Week 3. Drew Brees (QB-NO), Wes Welker (WR-NE) and Eddie Royal (WR-DEN) are others that are chipping in with big points for the Rossies, but Reggie Bush's broken leg is going to hurt the Rossies, no pun intended. The Rossies look like replacing Bush with Ricky Williams (RB-MIA) and Heath Miller (TE-PIT) with Dustin Keller, the Jets TE. Keller should contribute more than Miller has been doing, but a lot will depend on Williams and Joseph Addai (RB-IND) stepping up to the mark.

The third match features the last placed 0-2 Big Apple Orchards and the 1-1 Craigyhill Terrors in what looks like a mismatch at first glance, given the Orchards have just 175 points through 2 weeks, as opposed to the Terrors' 229. A closer look doesn't inspire much hope for the Orchard, although Eli Manning (QB-NYG), Larry Fitzgerald (WR-ARI), Devin Hestor (WR-CHI) and Thomas Jones (RB-KC) can all go off at verious times. The problems are many however. Fitzgerald is suffering through the rough genesis of the Derek Anderson 'era' as QB of the Cardinals, while Thomas Jones is affected by sharing time with another quality RB in Jamaal Charles. Devin Hestor doesn't seem to have really progressed into a main receiver, and Johnny Knox, Matt Forte and Tight End Greg Olsen seem to have passed him on the targets front up there in the Windy City. Ryan Matthews (RB-SD) tweeting that he had a high ankle sprain (3 bad words in Fantasy league) also contributes to a feeling of unease around the Orchards. In contrast the Terrors are coming off a good bounce back week as they totted up 138 points in a win over the hegan's helmets in week 2. Primarily responsible for this win was the standout performances of DeSean Jackson (WR-PHI), who is presumably a paid up member of the Michael Vick fan club, Knowshown Moreno (RB-DEN) and especially a monster day for SF Runner Frank Gore. Gore is a solid, solid producer, and this week he will not fear the Chiefs defense too much. Darren McFadden (RB-OAK) will be licking his lips at the thoughts of running at the soft Cardinals underbelly while Carson Palmer, QB-CIN, will hope to have a better outing against the Panthers than the stingy Ravens. Knowshown Moreno ran riot against the Seahawks, and the Colts 'D' sans Bob Sanders might be exploitable on the ground as well.

Following on from that, we have an interesting clash of 4th and 5th place East-West teams, as a pair of 1-1 sides clash. The Smackdown Clowns are coming off a very disappointing 40 point mauling by Capt Pat's Vikings, and will be keen to rebound. Aaron Rogers (QB-GB) lived up to his billing with a 22.90 point return, and Pierre Thomas (RB=NO) was fine with 13.15 points of his own. Apart from that, there were too many underperformers and that will have to be sorted for Week 3. You would expect better than 28 points total out of Hakeem Nicks (WR-NYG), Jamaal Charles (RB-KC), Jason Witten (TE-DAL) and Ahmad Bradshaw (RB-NYG) and if the Clowns are to bounce back, they will need closer to 40+ points from that quartet. As mentioned, Charles is impacted by the fact that Thomas Jones eats some of his carries, and Bradshaw has a similar issue with Jacobs in New York. Witten had the concussion, so there were mitigating circumstances. This week the Clowns will hope his timeshare guys find the endzone to boost their totals, and that Nicks and Witten can get on the end of some more passes. Opponents the New York Jets IV are likewise coming off a loss to the Turfmen, but at least the Jets IV did manage to amass 101 points. Michael Vick has been a bonus for the Jets IV, as he has won the QB job in Philly, and added 17 points last week, However, playing the matchups, the Jets IV are going with Tom Brady instead this week against the Bills, and it's hard to question that move. The next 3 names on the Jets IV starting roster are formidable written down. Roddy White (WR-ATL), Donald Driver (WR-GB) and Ray Rice (RB-BAL). White and Driver have delivered thus far, but Rice has struggled in a Ravens' offense that has flattered to deceive, albeit against two good defenses. This week Rice faces the Browns, so that might be about to change.

The next match on the slate is a top of the table clash in the North-South division as the 2-0 pair of the RedBolt MightyOaks and the Capt Pat's Vikings meet up. Starting with the top ranked Capt. Pat's Vikings, they'll be delighted to have put the hammer down against the Smackdown Clowns, as mentioned above, and will be happy with how Donovan McNabb is setting in as QB of WAS. He was quiet enough against the Cowboys in Week 1, but Week 2 against the Texans was a break out of 21.52 points. This week against Saint Louis will hardly have him shaking in his boots. Another newcomer, Anquan Boldin (WR-BAL) has made a nice start to his Ravens career, in a spluttering offense, so any recovery by Flacco against the Browns will undoubtedly raise his profile as well. Santana Moss (WR-WAS), McNabb's teammate is another who will enjoy the Rams secondary on Sunday. Antonio Gates (TE-SD) is obviously a big time fantasy producer, but the running back tandem of DeAngelo Williams (CAR) and `Jerome Harrison (CLE) will have to step it up significantly if the Vikings are to really push on in this league. The MighyOaks will be leaning heavily on Philip Rivers (QB-SD), Maurice Jones-Drew (RB-JAC), Cedric Benson (RB-CIN) and Visanthe Shiancoe (TE, MIN), but only really Rivers and Shiancoe have stepped up to the mark thus far. The WR trio of Crabtree (SF), Bryant (DAL) and Henderson (NO) have big upside, but if you got all of them contributing heavily then that's a big bonus.
KC, Houston and Atlanta respectively may allow for one or more of those WRs delivering such a bonus in week 3.

The penultimate game in this conference is an all North-South division matchup between the 3rd place hegan's helmets and the 6th place O'Neill's Chargers. The 1-1 Helmets are coming off a defeat to the Craigyhill Terrors, but are in decent shape. Miami QB chad Henne is still a bit of a worry as he is solid rather than a stud, but Reggie Wayne at WR is a fantasy owner's manna from heaven, when healthy. The old man is still Peyton Manning's favourite target, along with Dallas Clark. In a happy coincidence, the TE is also owned by the helmets which gives them approximately 2/3rds of the Colts receiving yards. LeSean McCoy (RB-PHI) had a big week and should continue to impress as he benefits from Weaver's injury. Vick doesn't help McCoy because the triggerman likes to run it himself as well, rather than dump it off, but McCoy's called plays worked well last week.Arien Foster (RB-HOU) had a quiet week last week, but the Texans had to come back against the 'Skins, which would have meant more passing. This week he sees the Dallas Cowboys, so it may be closer early on, which means he has the chance to run again.The Chargers will be disappointed to only score 99 points in a loss last week, but there are some reasons to be hopeful for them also. Jay Cutler (QB-CHI) is going pass happy in Chicago, and Steve Smith (WR-CAR) and Austin Collie (WR-IND) are coming off nice weeks. Shonn Greene (RB-NYJ) Rashad Mendenhall (RB-PIT), Ronnie Brown (RB-MIA) and Tony Gonzalez )TE-KC) have potential to be high scoring threats, but all 4 had poor weeks in week 2, and cannot afford that again in week 3.

Finally in the Montana Conference, we have the 1-1 Shower of Tramps from the North-South division going up against the 0-2 Curragh Rams from the East West Division. Ironically this is actually a midlands derby of Offaly and Kildare. The Shower of Tramps are coming off a very nice week where The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense dominated against the Titans and Chris Johnson, to the tune of 37 points, but on an individual basis Matt Ryan (QB-ATL) had his way with the Cardinals while Andre Johnson (WR-HOU) proved why he is regarded as the best WR in the game. There is a solid support cast with Steven Jackson (RB-STL), Brandon Jackson (RB-GB) and Jermichael Finley (TE-GB) all capable of contributing heavily, but you suspect the season will depend on the third level guys like Steve Smith of the Giants at WR and Marques Colston (WR-NO). A couple of big weeks from them will likely mean wins for the Tramps. On the Rams side, you can't help but be frustrated and disappointed when you score 125 points, have 7 players in double figures and still lose by 9. The Defensive side of the ball is really holding the fort for the Rams as Cincinnati D, Brandon Flowers (CB-KC), Mario Williams (DE, HOU) and rookie Ndamukong Suh (DT-DET) all scored heavily in week 2. On offense, only Tony Romo (QB-DAL), Calvin Johnson (WR-DET) and CLinton Portis (RB-WAS) delivered much in Week 2, but even they will need to pick up the pace,and get help from the likes of Chad Ochocinqo.(WR-CIN).

The Peyton Conference will follow.

Lone Shark

Quote from: The Iceman on September 23, 2010, 09:35:38 PM
I am throwing Mike Vick up for Trade for anyone interested or weak on the QB side.

For those willing to give away decent RB's, allow me to up that.

Larry Fitz for any RB who is a starter, carries at least 60% of his team rush attempts and doesn't hand over to somebody else on the goal line. That's the first drafted receiver in the league there people.

Minder

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 24, 2010, 01:38:12 PM

Larry Fitz for any RB who is a starter, carries at least 60% of his team rush attempts and doesn't hand over to somebody else on the goal line. That's the first drafted receiver in the league there people.

It is Lone Shark, but jo is going to throw the ball to him for the Cards ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the Deel Rover

whats the story with bombidal 0-2 he seems to have no interest in it , he seems to be happy with the 1 ring  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Lone Shark

Quote from: Minder on September 24, 2010, 01:42:54 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on September 24, 2010, 01:38:12 PM

It is Lone Shark, but jo is going to throw the ball to him for the Cards ??

In fairness, Anderson will throw the ball - I'd prefer to have him than Leinart. He might throw three INT's as well, but that's not Larry's problem.

I still think it's a hell of a lot better offer than Mike Vick who's one bad game away from the bench again.

The Claw

Those previews are very good AZ, took some time I would imagine