NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

ceiphas50

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2010, 03:34:47 PM
News coming through today that Byron Leftwich has a torn MCL from last night. He was going to be the Steelers' starter for whatever time Big Ben was cooling his jets.

That means Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch will fill in for those 4 or 6 weeks. Bad news for Hines Ward, Mike Wallace and the other Steelers receivers, but possibly good for Rashard Mendenhall and even Mewelde Moore.

Roethlisberger's suspension cut to four games
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

AZOffaly

In other 'cuts' the teams are trimming down to 53 man rosters, always a couple of surprises.

AZOffaly

Dallas just traded WR Patrick Crayton to San Diego. That might have fantasy impact in our 14 man leagues.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
Dallas just traded WR Patrick Crayton to San Diego. That might have fantasy impact in our 14 man leagues.

I think that leaves VJ one step nearer the door.

AZOffaly

mc_grens

AZOffaly

Looks like it. I wonder if Housh will end up in Cincy again :)

mc_grens

Quote from: mc_grens on September 04, 2010, 11:48:13 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2010, 10:36:02 AM
TJ Housh cut by SEA!

To make cap room for Vincent Jackson.

f**k maybe not. Read the bit in this article about "offset language". Seattle are tied into paying Housh the difference between what his new team pays him and his current deal. How did they let that happen!

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=19upu&storyId=5529209&i=TOP&topslot=1

mc_grens

Darelle Revis signs for four years at €46 million. It's a seven year deal that can (and in all likelyhood will) be voided to four years. Team but not league record.

AZOffaly

And Leinart went from 'trade bait' to 'Good Luck and See Ya'.

Is that the fastest fall from #1 starter ever? I've seen starters lose their jobs, and get traded even, but seldom in the same off season. But to lose your job, get touted for a trade, and then actually cut is some dose.

AZOffaly

Leinart signs with Houston. 1 year deal.

First game Thursday night, don't forget your rosters!

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2010, 09:37:26 AM
And Leinart went from 'trade bait' to 'Good Luck and See Ya'.

Is that the fastest fall from #1 starter ever? I've seen starters lose their jobs, and get traded even, but seldom in the same off season. But to lose your job, get touted for a trade, and then actually cut is some dose.

JaMarcus Russell
NFL.com's Steve Wyche claimed that Russell is the biggest draft bust in NFL history.[38] The Huffington Post named Russell one of the 13 biggest draft busts in NFL history.[39] ESPN's Bill Williamson called Russell a "talented but extremely disappointing" quarterback.[29]

His tenure with the Oakland Raiders was the shortest tenure with the drafting team among quarterbacks taken number 1 overall in the NFL draft.[40] Also among those quarterbacks, Russell has the worst starting record.[29]

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Ah yeah, Russell was worse, but I mean in terms of the speed of the tailspin. Leinart was starter at the start August. He's in Kansas today, and he went through an awful quick fall from grace.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
Leinart signs with Houston. 1 year deal.

First game Thursday night, don't forget your rosters!

I have not looked at the other league, but in the Payton League there are some teams who have Defensive players projected with less than 1 point for week 1.

There are plenty of DP players who could get some teams a win for the week.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

Looking for running backs. Starters or backups. Will listen to all offers.

I have sent a trade proposal to new york jets