NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on September 19, 2011, 07:30:53 PM
So this is my thinking on the 10 man league. Most people have solid teams and the smarter picks from waiver wires and trades dont necessarily have the same impact because people's rosters are already so deep.
I lost Foster and Manning (should be close to 40 points a week) and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly ruined my season. I need a RB but have nothing to trade with......

Don't be playing the poor mouth. Who's your starting QB at the moment? Mark Sanchez, and Cam Newton on the bench :D And you also have Tate, who is the Foster 'handcuff' and has started with 2 100+ yard games :)

the Deel Rover

feck it this league is tough 145 points and still loose could really do with a top class wide receiver
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

It is tough alright, but it's good. I lost twice this week by a combined total of less than 7 points :D And the one I won I won by 6.91 points. In fact my 'Points difference' for the week on my combined teams was +1.27!!

And in one of the games I lost my TE, Greg Olsen from Carolina, had a TD catch waved off for a penalty, and the TD went to the other TE on the next play. Vonkers.

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 20, 2011, 09:50:57 AM
feck it this league is tough 145 points and still loose could really do with a top class wide receiver

I was worried heading into last night as there was a chance Nicks and Tuck mightn't play. I was toying with playing safe all week and putting Fred Jackson in at flex instead of Nicks and was crapping myself that I'd fooked it up!

GalwayBayBoy

Can anyone explain how I went from number 1 to number 10 on the waiver wire over the weekend seeing as I haven't put in a single waiver claim yet? Surely you have to actually put in a waiver claim before you are sent to the back of the pack again?

Or am I thinking that it's now done by overall points total?

AZOffaly

Waiver Type:    Weekly rolling list based on standings

I wasn't even sure of that :D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2011, 01:37:05 PM

Ballix. Here was me hanging onto it like an eejit.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 20, 2011, 01:39:09 PM

who were you interested in Gbb  ;)  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 20, 2011, 01:52:50 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 20, 2011, 01:39:09 PM

who were you interested in Gbb  ;)  :D

Nobody really. It was just nice to hold onto it. ;D

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2011, 09:28:58 AM
So this is my thinking on the 10 man league. Most people have solid teams and the smarter picks from waiver wires and trades dont necessarily have the same impact because people's rosters are already so deep.
I lost Foster and Manning (should be close to 40 points a week) and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly ruined my season. I need a RB but have nothing to trade with......

Don't be playing the poor mouth. Who's your starting QB at the moment? Mark Sanchez, and Cam Newton on the bench :D And you also have Tate, who is the Foster 'handcuff' and has started with 2 100+ yard games :)

Sure I'll swop you both QB's then for your starter and backup.........

Tate isn't Foster and hopefully Foster is well enough rested and comes back 100%, my problem is that I have started off bad and it will be difficult to pull it back. Like I said about last year, with 14 teams there was a chance of a trade and some smarter pickups.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2011, 02:35:14 PM
Yer boy I'm up against is going to break the 200 as well.

I think we might see a 300+ point score this year. A ten team league has prime starters in every position for most teams, the waiver wire still has plenty players which can help any team compared to the larger leagues of the past years.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

turk

Quote from: The Iceman on September 20, 2011, 03:00:10 PM

Tate isn't Foster and hopefully Foster is well enough rested and comes back 100%, my problem is that I have started off bad and it will be difficult to pull it back. Like I said about last year, with 14 teams there was a chance of a trade and some smarter pickups.....

Surely with only ten teams there are more players available on the waiver wire/free agents? Am I missing something?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: turk on September 21, 2011, 02:26:56 PM

Surely with only ten teams there are more players available on the waiver wire/free agents? Am I missing something?

Thats what i would have thought Turk however there are not that many quality players available, Some teams have very strong benches don'tt hink there is as much trading as other years . Tis early days yet but i'm going for a galway sligo final in our league
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Iceman

Quote from: turk on September 21, 2011, 02:26:56 PM

With only 10 teams per league most people were able to pick up 4-5 solid players that last year would have been 2-3. Waiver Wire pickups could have been made on players that might grab 10 points here or there but 10 points isn't going to do you any good when teams are throwing up 200 +
People are less open to trades because they already have a strong bench.
I was just unlucky to have Foster and Manning on the same team. These next few weeks will knock a few people out with a lot of injuries that normally occur in the preseason. Might open it up a bit....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Lone Shark

Iceman, methinks you're overdoing the complaining here. 150 points would have won three out of the five division one games, and you have thirteen slots to fill. Getting ten points out of a waiver wire pick up is very useful, when you still have a few frontliners capable of contributing more.

All that said, I still prefer to see more players starting for this very reason, to dilute the importance of the top 3 or 4 players on each roster and give more weight to good analysis of either/or situations. I can't remember the last time a player like Tom Brady, Ray Rice, Aaron Rodgers or Andre Johnson got traded, so the top draft picks seem to just get picked and sit.

All ye who voted to get rid of an extra DL should go to the back of the class and think about what ye've done...  :D