Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Yeah, I tend not to touch French cars. OK some Peugeots run fine but my Dad always said when it comes to buying cars its either German or Japanese anything else will break your heart.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2011, 05:56:58 PM
Yeah, I tend not to touch French cars. OK some Peugeots run fine but my Dad always said when it comes to buying cars its either German or Japanese anything else will break your heart.
Everybody says that and the roads are full of them. Never had any engine bother with either Citroën or Peugeot, nothing electric worked though :D

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 08, 2011, 05:13:29 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2011, 03:37:41 PM
Its a Citroen C3. Her car, not mine.

Thanks for all the tips.

Why do wimin love French cars? Is it the Henry ads? Mine has me driven daft about buying a Renault, I'd rather walk.

Tell her she can pay to glue it back together herself. Renault not as bad as Peugeot though.

maddog

Quote from: maddog on March 04, 2011, 12:07:04 PM
Ive got a right head scratcher here - hit the car before Christmas, damage to the suspension front wheels etc, they replaced everything including the drive shaft. Car is driving fine now apart from this odd noise that i could best describe as sounding like a wobble board ::), anyway if you pull steering left it makes the noise, if you pull right it doesnt, but any bumps in a straight line and you can hear it as well. Insurers are sending out an independent engineer as the garage that repaired it maintain the noise is nothing to do with them. Also the dirty b**tard drained the diesel out of the car while it was with them.

Well hallelujah, got the motor back tonight after months of wrangling. First garage said they had done all the work and anything else was down to wear and tear. So the insurance ombudsman was going to get sprung from the bench and stuck in on the edge of the square, and hey presto another garage took it, stripped the whole front of it, replaced the steering rack, shocks, front strut all work the first garage said they had carried out. Now 9 months later from the accident i am happy to have my car back and finally fixed but why should an insurance company / their garage supplier get away with that.

Milltown Row2

Bit of a problem, the car wont accelerate the way it should, it's a Sante Fe TDI.

I'm thinking its the turbo but have been told it could be fuel pump.

Car drives fine, no noise and eventually speeds up but on a hill it has no power to overtake, leaving it into garage next week but wanted to have a idea before heading to mechanic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Any forums you could look at Milltown to see if its a common symptom
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'd say there could be any number of causes there Milltown, from the fuel supply to the turbo itself to the injectors.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 19, 2011, 10:14:44 PM
Any forums you could look at Milltown to see if its a common symptom

Have looked at a few and there was no common theme on the turbo side of things. I trust the mechanic so i wont get ripped off!!

Which is the dearest of these Fear ón Srath Bán?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wouldn't be sure at all Milltown, but I'd imagine that the turbo and the injectors would be pricey, the fuel supply components not so much.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

FermGael

Where you getting the Diesel from Milltown??
Had a similar problem with mine and it was down to doggy diesel
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on August 19, 2011, 10:56:29 PM
Where you getting the Diesel from Milltown??
Had a similar problem with mine and it was down to doggy diesel

was thinking that myself Fermgael. I was getting it from a 'spot' the odd time but it gets regularly checked by the customs and they haven't been closed down.

what damage did it do?

FermGael

What spot was it??  It may have been the same spot i was using myself in the West.
Will never be back.
New injectors was the main damage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on August 19, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
What spot was it??  It may have been the same spot i was using myself in the West.
Will never be back.
New injectors was the main damage.

Check out the name of my username, Milltown Row

Where did you get yours?

FermGael

It has lovely DOOR STEPS

Tony Baloney

Milltown if it is injectors and or turbo you could be looking at 4 numbers. Having said that it could be any number of things an I've had them all - clogged fuel filter, low pressure in fuel pump, faulty injectors, clogged air intake etc.