McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Dont monaghan have a very lengthy injury list?  ??? What do you want mcenaney to do?

And of course its petty and childish to say obviously monaghan arent taking it very seriously - they're taking it as seriously as anyone else ffs.

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on January 28, 2011, 08:55:32 PM
Dont monaghan have a very lengthy injury list?  ??? What do you want mcenaney to do?
Did you not read my mention of their injury list above?
But they have more than 2 players available out of the regular starting 15 or even last year's 30 man panel. But having said that, I don't want McEneaney to prioritise the McKenna Cup, but i'd like him to get some benefit out of the games before going into 7 Division 1 games.

Quote from: haranguerer on January 28, 2011, 08:55:32 PM
And of course its petty and childish to say obviously monaghan arent taking it very seriously - they're taking it as seriously as anyone else ffs.
Is that obvious?

Kerry Mike

QuoteOur collections of Ulster championships and All Irelands is also impressive in comparison to some others!

A bit Like Cork and Mayo with tons of Provincial Titles each and only a handful of All Ireland's to show for it all :D

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

mc_grens

Anyone know which McKenna Cup match TG4 are showing live tonight?

omagh_gael

Quote from: mc_grens on January 29, 2011, 02:08:03 PM

None.

They're showing the Meath v Dublin O'Byrne shield final at 7.30pm.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 29, 2011, 12:23:26 PM
QuoteOur collections of Ulster championships and All Irelands is also impressive in comparison to some others!

A bit Like Cork and Mayo with tons of Provincial Titles each and only a handful of All Ireland's to show for it all :D

True enough but we the won Ye most wanted to win, poor spillane is still upset about it.

mc_grens

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 29, 2011, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on January 29, 2011, 02:08:03 PM

None.

They're showing the Meath v Dublin O'Byrne shield final at 7.30pm.

I thought that too, but the website says they are showing that on the TG4 player, and showing McKenna Cuip on TV.

laoisgaa

Definitely no McKenna Cup live on TG4 - I was talking to the TG4 Sports Editor during the week and they never had the intention of showing Antrim-Derry. It was only that they had the slot marked in for the McKenna Cup final which was initially due to take place tonight in the first set of fixtures, but because of weather has been delayed. They saw Dublin-Meath to be more of a glamour affair!

laoisgaa

on another note - does anyone know the last time Antrim were in a final? Was it 1981?

mc_grens

Quote from: laoisgaa on January 29, 2011, 02:31:39 PM
Definitely no McKenna Cup live on TG4 - I was talking to the TG4 Sports Editor during the week and they never had the intention of showing Antrim-Derry. It was only that they had the slot marked in for the McKenna Cup final which was initially due to take place tonight in the first set of fixtures, but because of weather has been delayed. They saw Dublin-Meath to be more of a glamour affair!

Well that explains that! Thanks lads.

omagh_gael

The freestate feckers :)

omagh_gael

Antrim reached the 09 ulster final Laiosgaa.

Not sure the last time they reached the McKenna cup final.

laoisgaa

Ah I know that - I was at that Ulster final - my first and only one so far!

Wikipedia has the roll of honour but no list of finals.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Bluebell on January 26, 2011, 09:18:14 PM
Quote from: beer baron on January 26, 2011, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: Bluebell on January 26, 2011, 09:10:57 PM
No highlights are available of the McKenna cup matches on TG4. Cavan look like the team to be in the semi finals as fourth placed team.

Have Donegal another game to play?

Cavan +4 after three games
Donegal +1 after two games

Donegal would need to overturn Fermanagh at Ballybofey by at least four points to qualify for the semi finals.

What happens if Donegal beat Fermanagh by 3 points?

Hardy

They're right. Meath bring great colour and atmosphere, dontchaknow.

Also, a Meath win would be good for the GAA.