McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

All the Culloville and Cullyhanna boys that played for Cross!

Banana Man

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 21, 2011, 09:52:19 AM

The likes of white and padden change club to be able to play in their adopted county.

Are either of O'Neill's parents from antrim? given the clare example, i think that would allow him to play?

i think clare were only allowed to use parentage because they were designated as a 'weak' county, i couldn't see antrim getting away with that now, especially as they are in division 2

DuffleKing

I think a weak county is framed as one which has not won a provincial title in ten years?

That being so, anyone outside of armagh & tyrone could avail of it.

There's no provision for residency to qualify a player for a county transfer?

western exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2011, 10:58:50 PM
Living and working in Belfast apparently. Its obviously allowed otherwise he wouldn't be playing. Dublin teams have had players from all over the country playing for them
Can you name any Dublin footballer who came from another county but did not join a Dublin football club?

edit: to clarify football only, as 2 clubs have often been allowed for dual codes

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: western exile on January 21, 2011, 03:43:27 PM
Living and working in Belfast apparently. Its obviously allowed otherwise he wouldn't be playing. Dublin teams have had players from all over the country playing for them
Can you name any Dublin player who came from another county but did not join a Dublin club?

Larry Stanley
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Milltown Row2

Morrissey hurled for dublin and played club hurling in kilkenny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whiskeysteve

Who did Ciaran Barr hurl for when he moved to Dublin?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

laceer

Was there a fella called Aidan Morris who did something similar a few years back?I think he played for Newtownstewart and Antrim

western exile

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 21, 2011, 03:50:47 PM
Can you name any Dublin player who came from another county but did not join a Dublin club?

Larry Stanley
Dublin credentials questionable  ??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Stanley

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: western exile on January 21, 2011, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 21, 2011, 03:50:47 PM

Larry Stanley
Dublin credentials questionable  ??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Stanley

He won an All-Ireland with Kildare in 1919 and with Dublin in 1923. Pretty certain he never lined out for a Dublin club. He also competed in the high-jump at the 1924 Olympics.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Big Puff

Who was the keeper that played for Burren in the 1980s/90s and also donegal?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Big Puff on January 21, 2011, 08:35:11 PM
Who was the keeper that played for Burren in the 1980s/90s and also donegal?

Was it Callaghan?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

armaghniac

QuoteWho was the keeper that played for Burren in the 1980s/90s and also donegal?

Gary Walsh

http://www.hoganstand.com/Donegal/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=48453
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Big Puff

haranguerer

None of which have any relevance as they seem to be men playing for their home county, but different clubs, whereas O'Neill is playing for his home club, but not his home county, if I'm not mistaken...