"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Maguire01

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on January 11, 2011, 07:25:11 PM

Looks like the Tyrone game could go ahead on Sunday.  :-\
With Mickey's blessing if it does.

blewuporstuffed

no decision yet, i think the players meet tonight
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tbrick18

I think all games should be called off as a mark of respect.

mattockranger

Tyrone to fulfil McKenna Cup fixture
11 January 2011

Tyrone County Board have said that they expect their senior side to line out against Fermanagh in the McKenna Cup on Sunday.

The county and Gaels nationwide haven been in mourning following the tragic death of manager Mickey Harte's daughter Michaela.

However, the O'Neill County have announced this evening that they will fulfil the game with the blessing of their manager.

"The only thing that will prevent that happening is the remains coming home or a possible funeral," explained Tyrone PRO Damian Harvey.

"Mickey Harte has given his blessing for Tyrone GAA activities to continue."
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

never kickt a ball

Tyrone's McKenna Cup match against Fermanagh, scheduled for Sunday, has been postponed until after the funeral of Michaela McAreavey The decision was taken after news that the remains of Michaela, daughter of team manager Mickey Harte, were to return home from Mauritius on Friday. All other GAA activities in the county have been suspended until after the funeral on Monday. County chairman Ciaran McLaughlin said they had spoken to the Harte family.
Initially, Mickey Harte had expressed the wish that the game should go ahead. "We have been talking to Mickey again, we talked it through, and the conclusion we reached was that we did not want the competition to be disrespected, because it holds a lot of memories for us. "The last time Cormac McAnallen played was in the McKenna Cup." "Now that we know what the arrangements are, that Michaela's remains are going to be back at home, and there will be a wake taking place at the time that the match would have been played, we considered the new situation.
"We approached the Ulster Council with a view to putting the match back, and they agreed that we could do that."

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/?p=1527

Game rescheduled for Wed 26th January

laoisgaa

At its meeting tonight, the CCC representing the Ulster Council and the counties of Ulster expressed their condolences and deepest sympathy to the Harte and McAreavey families, and to the GAA in Tyrone and Down, and to the respective clubs of Errigal Ciaran and Tullylish at this sad and difficult time. 

A number of changes and decisions have been made as a consequence of the tragic and untimely death of Michaela McAreavey.  A Minutes Silence will be observed and Flags will be flown at half mast at all games that are played in the Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup this weekend as a mark of respect. 

After consideration of all circumstances, it was agreed by CCC Comhairle Uladh that the Fear Manach v Tír Eoghain game scheduled for Brewster Park on Sunday 16th January be postponed, and rescheduled for Wednesday 26th January at 7.30pm. 

It has been further decided that, with the co-operation of both units, that the Muineachan v QUB fixture originally scheduled for Sunday 16th January has been brought forward to Saturday 15th January at Clones at 2.00pm. 

Please see the complete revised fixture schedule for the Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup as a consequence of these changes as agreed:

Revised Barrett Sports Lighting Dr Mc Kenna Cup 2011:
(Extra time to be played in Semi Finals & Final)

Saturday 15th January: 
Section A    Donegal v UUJ at MacCumhaill Park (7.00pm)
Section B   Monaghan v QUB at Clones (2.00pm)
Cavan v Derry at Kingspan Breffni Park (7.00pm)
Section C   Down v Armagh at Pairc Esler (7.00pm)
Antrim v St. Mary's at Casement Park (7.00pm)

Wednesday 19th January:
Section A   UUJ v Tyrone at Healy Park (7.30pm)
Donegal v Fermanagh at MacCumhaill Park (8.00pm)
Section B   Monaghan v Cavan at Inniskeen (7.30pm)
Derry v QUB at Celtic Park (7.30pm)
  Section C   Antrim v Down at Casement Park (7.30pm)
Armagh v St. Mary's at Athletic Grounds (7.30pm)

Saturday 22nd January:
Section A   UUJ v Fermanagh at Brewster Park (7.00pm)
Section B   QUB v Cavan at Kingspan Breffni Park 3G (7.00pm)
Section C   St. Mary's v Down at Pairc Esler (7.00pm)

Sunday 23rd January: 
Section A    Tyrone v Donegal at Healy Park (2.00pm)
Section B     Derry v Monaghan at Celtic Park (2.00pm)
Section C   Armagh v Antrim at Athletic Grounds (2.00pm)

Wednesday 26th January: 
Section A    Fermanagh v Tyrone at Brewster Park (7.30pm)

Saturday 29th January
Semi Finals:
(1) Winner of Section C v Winner of Section B (7.30pm)
(2) Winner of Section A v 4th Placed Team (7.30pm)

Saturday 12th February:  Final (7.30pm)

Atticus_Finch

Anyone any views on the outcome of any of the McKenna cup games this weekend ?

Would appreciate any views on the outcome of the Down vs Armagh game
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ck

My verdict woul dbe that Armagh will win quite easily. From what I hear O'Rourke is flat out at the moment, whereas I think McCartan will ease the year in a bit more gently with his eyes on the summer.

Dougal

Quote from: ck on January 15, 2011, 11:33:38 AM
My verdict woul dbe that Armagh will win quite easily. From what I hear O'Rourke is flat out at the moment, whereas I think McCartan will ease the year in a bit more gently with his eyes on the summer.

^^^ what he said,armagh are my main bet this weekend,o rourke is under pressure,mccartan wont be in a big hurry to get of to a good start,although he will be under pressure to stay up in the league.wont be a whole pile in it,armagh by 3-4.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Feckitt

Does anyone know if it is free in for children?  Can't find it anywhere on the web

our_fella

Feckitt, yes its free for children/u16's.
£9 for adult
£5 for student / OAP (students need a valid student card)

mattockranger

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

our_fella

ck

Quote from: our_fella on January 15, 2011, 05:04:35 PM
Monaghan 0-9 QUB 0-13

Monaghan have many of their big guns playing? Queen's have any big names?