McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Absolutely gutted for Stevie doesn't deserve this happening.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2010, 09:54:27 PM
Quote from: laoisgaa on January 30, 2010, 09:05:13 PM
Good intensity in the game. Lots of fouling - ref seem poor in the last few minutes.

Do the two correlate Laoisgaa  ;)

I missed most of it but anything I tuned into I couldn't see MIchael Murphy. Was he playing? He definitely started IIRC but he didn't seem to be on after long.

He played the whole game. He was quiet and wasn't on the ball a whole lot, partially due to the usual slowness of the Donegal attack (although he was back in the full back line at one point!). But that's ok... he'll be there when we need him in the summer!

Good enough game overall for the time of year, but some of the wides from both sides were awful! I thought it was very even all through, even when Tyrone went the four points up. They just happened to put a scoring run together while Donegal were hitting wides, which was then reversed later on.

J70

Quote from: charlieTully on January 30, 2010, 10:05:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2010, 09:07:09 PM
On this form Donegal for an all Ireland run

wise up.

I seriously doubt if he was being serious! :D

And in the unlikely event he was, we got relegated and lost to Antrim after winning the McKenna cup last year!

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on January 30, 2010, 10:09:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 30, 2010, 10:08:28 PM

wise up.

And in the unlikely event he was, we got relegated and lost to Antrim after winning the McKenna cup last year!
Milltown knows that. Sure he was your no.1 supporter last year.
You never let go of anything, do ya?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

gerry

Quote from: laoisgaa on January 30, 2010, 09:07:23 PM
Some goal from David Walsh at the death

Even if it was played on the ground just before
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on January 30, 2010, 10:19:08 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 30, 2010, 10:17:56 PM

wise up.

No, ye feckin tout.
:D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Jaysus that was a cold one tonight. Feet only thawed coming back through Seskinore.

Both teams were poor in the second half. Tyrone just seem to lose conviction and options when SON went down. I thought someone said collar bone on the radio? Penrose was excellent again, tireless, when he made a mistake he made sure he made up for it, easily MOTM. SON was being marked like it was the championship, plenty of rough house but he was still very good.

Johnny Curran had a bit of a shocker. His kick out selection wasn't good, then again don't think midfield gave him enough targets. Cassidy improved things when he came on, but don't think they made good use of him. Donegal bossed middle of the park generally from kick outs, and seemed to get the better of breaking ball.

Tyrone looked at their best on the break with Coney accepting and making some great long range kick passes in the first half finding Penrose and SON. Hub was a bit brutal, worked hard, but didn't have much to show for it. McGinley was fairly quiet again. Peter Harte did very well first half, but the whole team seemed to under perform in the second. Gormley for example would work really hard and win ball, then give an awful pass.

Marty Swift and Carlin I think put in good performances. Carlin has done enough to secure his place in the panel. Brian McGuigan brought something extra when he came on, but even he couldn't turn round the calmity of the second half. TMcG was fairly poor through out.

There were long long periods for both teams without scores in the 2nd, Tyrone's free scoring from the 4 games previous just seemed to seize in the frosty air and the slick on the ball seemed to go wayward all the time. McKee also was poor for both sides.

A challenging night for the new lads, with the inexperience of a few cases showing up, not one to remember for either teams, but hopefully Tyrone can take the positives from this sort of game going into the NL next week.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

blanketattack

One of the most painful looking injuries I've seen at an intercounty GAA game. The arm broke in a similar fashion to the way Larsson's leg broke a few years ago. Good luck with the recovery Stevie.

Milltown Row2

wise up.

No, ye feckin tout.

;D ;D ;D

the way Tyrone played Antrim have a chance, SON is out so all good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2010, 12:59:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2010, 12:58:31 AM

wise up.

No, ye feckin tout.

;D ;D ;D

the way Tyrone played Antrim have a chance, SON is out so all good
Ah f**k, that's us bate. His 100th post too.
Pinned to the dressing room door.

No shock this year. Antrim will go into this game better prepared than the Ulster final.

Antrim by two
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sandwiches_in_the_boot

You kinda knew by the immediate frantic blowing of the whistle by McKee that it was at least a break. Jesus though, such bad luck for one of the most finished players the GAA's ever seen.

As for Antrim taking heart from Tyrone's loss... Never mind the 95 points from the 4 previous games, with a trial squad. 
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

RMDrive

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on January 31, 2010, 02:49:07 AM
You kinda knew by the immediate frantic blowing of the whistle by McKee that it was at least a break. Jesus though, such bad luck for one of the most finished players the GAA's ever seen.

As for Antrim taking heart from Tyrone's loss... Never mind the 95 points from the 4 previous games, with a trial squad.

You'd swear that noone else was working with a trial squad.  ::)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

Last night's game was good preparation for the league,a good physical,hard hitting game.
I think Donegal just about deserved the win,showed more urgency and hunger for the ball in the last 15 minutes.Penrose was impressive again,he tracked back and created at least 3 or 4 turnovers,he also took a couple of good scores.
I think that our young lads will now know what to expect this season,last night's game was a step up in terms of intensity.