McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Tyrone: J Curran, C McGurk, Justin McMahon, M Swift, Joe McMahon (0-1, '45), C Gormley, D Carlin, A Cassidy (0-1), E McGinley, K Coney (0-2), T McGuigan (1-6 (1-0 pen, 0-3f), P Harte (0-2), S O'Neill (0-5, 0-3f), M Penrose (0-3, 0-1f), G Devlin.

Subs: N McKenna for O'Neill (52), G Teague for McGurk (60), M O'Neill for Curran (62), Mattie Donnelly for Cassidy (64), Mark Donnelly for Devlin (66)

Fermanagh: J McGrath, M Jones, S Burns, M O'Brien, P Sherry, B Mulrone, T McElroy, P Cosgrove, R Jones (0-3, 0-3f), D Kelly (1-0), M Keenan (0-4, 0-1f), C Flaherty (0-1), D Keenan, R Foy, A McCarron.

Subs: S Lyons for Burns (h-t), C McElroy for Foy (h-t), J Conolly for McCarron (52), J Woods for Flaherty (52), S Goan for M Jones (62)

Yellow cards: C Gormley (17), A McCarron (45)

Fermanagh: M Keenan (26), A McCarron (40)

Referee: P McEnaney (Monaghan).

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/sport/no-problems-for-tyrone-443753.html#ixzz0drBhF4Ip

Caid

Yellow cards: C Gormley (17), A McCarron (45)

Fermanagh: M Keenan (26), A McCarron (40)

Did McCarron have a change of heart and tog out for Tyrone for the last 25 minutes?! ;)
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

under the bar

They should have brought the final to the Athletic Grounds to remind Armagh folk what classy football looks like!  ;D

J70

Quote from: western exile on January 27, 2010, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 27, 2010, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: fan01 on January 27, 2010, 08:40:39 PM
highland radio has the donegal v down game on. http://www.highlandradio.com/listen-live/

Thanks

Hilarious biased commentary  ;D

Its a Donegal station broadcasting for a Donegal audience. Of course they're shouting for Donegal! They never claim otherwise. Doesn't mean they don't criticize the Donegal players or team. I see one or two comments about McHugh apparently disliking Down (normally its Tyrone lads I think do be complaining! I have to say though, I have never noticed him with any bias or grudge towards any opposition county on Highland - he normally holds Tyrone, at least, up as the example we should be aspiring towards). And he never holds back when Donegal are shite or due criticism!

Trevor Hill

Down v Donegal.
B McVeigh, S Toner, C, Garvey, M Cole, S Parr, B McArdle, K Duffin, P Fitzpatrick, C King, D Gordon (0-1), M Poland, R Murtagh (0-1), P McComiskey (1-4), J Clarke (0-3), R Sexton.
Subs. D Hughes (0-1) for J Clarke (26 mins, blood sub), A Rogers for P Fitzpatrick (45 mins), S Kearney for S Toner (45 mins), M Clarke (0-2 1 f) for M Poland (46mins), B Coulter for Sexton (49mins)

Wee Roddy

Tyrone looked a lot leaner and generally in better shape than Fermanagh last night. Are they that much ahead fitness wise or does the modern day jersey design now determine how fit a player looks?
It looks as if Mickey is going to stick with Justy at FB and the defence looks a lot more solid with Gormley at centre half. Stevie and Penrose are going to cause bother this year. Penrose makes some super runs and Stevie had it upstairs to find the space Penrose vacates.

ziggysego

The Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup Final between Donegal and Tyrone will take place on Saturday 30th January at 7.00pm in Brewster Park, Enniskillen.

Ulster GAA @ Facebook
Testing Accessibility

goal and a point

how did mcgurk play - always thought he was a very steady club player

supersarsfields

Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2010, 02:04:39 AM
highland radio has the donegal v down game on. http://www.highlandradio.com/listen-live/

Thanks

Its a Donegal station broadcasting for a Donegal audience. Of course they're shouting for Donegal! They never claim otherwise. Doesn't mean they don't criticize the Donegal players or team. I see one or two comments about McHugh apparently disliking Down (normally its Tyrone lads I think do be complaining! I have to say though, I have never noticed him with any bias or grudge towards any opposition county on Highland - he normally holds Tyrone, at least, up as the example we should be aspiring towards). And he never holds back when Donegal are shite or due criticism!

I have to say I always feel he's very negative regarding the standard of play alot of the time ( Not just Tyrone for that matter) Just think he concentrates on the mistakes, poor performances etc more than any other pundit and can be very quick to run down the standard of play.

Rois

TG4 appear to be broadcasting live from 7.15 - does that mean they'll miss a bit if the match starts at 7? 

supersarsfields

It could be delayed start on TG4 Rois. I think they've done that befoe.

RMDrive

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 28, 2010, 10:02:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2010, 02:04:39 AM

Thanks

I have to say I always feel he's very negative regarding the standard of play alot of the time ( Not just Tyrone for that matter) Just think he concentrates on the mistakes, poor performances etc more than any other pundit and can be very quick to run down the standard of play.

Yeah, he's the Ray Houghton of GAA commentary. All commentators like that annoy my head. You'd swear they never made a mistake when they played themselves.
As J70 said though, I've always found his criticism to be evenly distributed.

tyrone86

Quote from: goal and a point on January 28, 2010, 09:44:45 AM
how did mcgurk play - always thought he was a very steady club player

Never gave wylie a sniff of it and broke out of defence a few times. We haven't really seen enough of him to see who he is going to dislodge on the panel. Personally, I'd like to see how he'd do on Murphy or McFadden on Saturday night - he has all the right attributes for the job and he deserves a proper chance.

tyrone86

Quote from: Rois on January 28, 2010, 10:13:41 AM
TG4 appear to be broadcasting live from 7.15 - does that mean they'll miss a bit if the match starts at 7?
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 28, 2010, 10:16:07 AM
It could be delayed start on TG4 Rois. I think they've done that befoe.

From the Ulster Council Website:

Donegal    Tyrone    Brewster Park Enniskillen Ferm   30/01/2010   19:30   Jimmy McKee      

Club Rossa

McGurk had a good game last night,has been impressive any time i see him playing for Carrickmore.