McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 25, 2010, 12:32:28 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 24, 2010, 07:31:59 PM
Pretty poor McKenna Cup from an Armagh perspective. Quite a number of players starting today who'd you'd expect to see in the championship which makes it a bit worrying. 2 poor performances and a win against a very makeshift Monaghan outfit. To be fair, I suppose we don't knwo what's going on in training at the minute and they mightn't be in peak playing condition at the minute depending on what sort of training is being done.

Disappointed to see no Dyas today, would have thought he needs the games. Not a lot to say about the match really. Poor all through the pitch. For someone who seems to get a lot of undeserved stick from Armagh fans, I thought Mal Mackin had a decent game today. O'Rourke's started him int he 3 matches so you'd think he features in his plans. None of the other fringe players who started did much to enhance their propects. Ronan Austin did very well when he came on. Couple of great marks.

Must say that while I like the mark as a concept, it definitely needs tweaked. It was very frustrating to see a player catch the ball and burst forward only to be pulled back for a free. The free kick has to be optional.
Can,t believe they aren't at peak fitness in January ::)
Why do you think they should be in peak fitness in January?????
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thewanderer

Pretty poor McKenna Cup from an Armagh perspective. Quite a number of players starting today who'd you'd expect to see in the championship which makes it a bit worrying. 2 poor performances and a win against a very makeshift Monaghan outfit. To be fair, I suppose we don't knwo what's going on in training at the minute and they mightn't be in peak playing condition at the minute depending on what sort of training is being done.

Disappointed to see no Dyas today, would have thought he needs the games. Not a lot to say about the match really. Poor all through the pitch. For someone who seems to get a lot of undeserved stick from Armagh fans, I thought Mal Mackin had a decent game today. O'Rourke's started him int he 3 matches so you'd think he features in his plans. None of the other fringe players who started did much to enhance their propects. Ronan Austin did very well when he came on. Couple of great marks.

Must say that while I like the mark as a concept, it definitely needs tweaked. It was very frustrating to see a player catch the ball and burst forward only to be pulled back for a free. The free kick has to be optional.
Posted on wrong thread earlier, silly me. who do yous think will make it out of the newcomers/ retried players. NOT MAKIN IT ( o neill, not county standard, feeney- wing mirrors required, lavery- cant pass the ball to his own teammates,) POTENTIAL ( austin- 4 clean catches looks like a good prospect, o neill not a half back but worth another chance, mackin- great commitment and work-rate, mc namee if he releases the ball is worth another look)

never kickt a ball

Team 1   Team 2   Venue   Date   Time   Referee   Comment

Donegal V   Down    Brewster Park Enniskillen Ferm   27/01/2010   19:30   Padraig Hughes   Semi Final   

Fermanagh V   Tyrone    Healy Park Omagh Tyrone   27/01/2010   19:30   Pat McEnaney   Semi Final   

tyronefan

neither are the teams they are playing

David McKeown

Have to agree that Armagh were awful v Fermanagh, much like they were against UUJ.  To me it looks like they have no real tactics or idea what they should be doing.  That said they should and probably could have beaten both teams.  I think if Armagh hadnt been trying to get a 2 point win against Fermanagh and consequently looking for goals the last ten minutes they would have at least drawn the game.  The most worrying aspect for me though is the complete inability within the spine of the Armagh team to kick a footpass.  Also I thought Malachy Mackin was awful on Sunday although im glad to see him in the panel.  Hopefully the NFL will result in an improvement
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

Not much mention of Fermanagh or Donegal!  :D

Any bookies in belfast taking bets on the mckenna cup?

ArmaghGAAforum

drici

Quote from: AFS on January 08, 2010, 12:16:44 PM

That's scrubbed as the high road and low road lead to St Lomans in Mullingar now and not St Pauls of Béal Feirsde.
Might have to wait a wee bit to see who looks graceful in dejection and whose blood runs red in the heather.

AFS

That's a pity. Turns out I probably will be able to go on the board at 2-00 today.

mournerambler

Just wondering if tonight's game in Brewster Park is being covered by any radio station & if anyone has a link for the game it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

bigfrank

Tyrone 1/3
Down 1/1

Do they not look like certs???

ceol agus peil

5 min in omagh
ty 0-1
fer 0-1
I notice no dromore players are on tonight. Anyone know why?
Sent from my iphone

FermPundit

Quote from: ceol agus peil on January 27, 2010, 07:39:11 PM
5 min in omagh
ty 0-1
fer 0-1
I notice no dromore players are on tonight. Anyone know why?

They're away on their holidays I believe
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone