McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 17, 2010, 01:10:16 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on January 17, 2010, 11:33:24 AM

Heading to the Monaghan Armagh match this Wednesday

What's the best way to Inniskeen from Newry ?

Guessing head to Cross, take the Sheilagh road, turn left at the T-junction and its signposted?

I would go up the motorway as far as the Castleblayney turn off and head out through the Hack as if you are going to Cross. If you take a left at that little shop just before the turn off for Cross it will take you into Inniskeen. Go right when you get into Iniskeen and the pitch is out that road about a half a mile on the left.

doirebhoy

Trevor Hill

Down Line Up for last nights game;

1. Declan Alder (Carryduff)
27. Stephen Toner (Bryansford)
12. Brendan McArdle (Annaclone)
4. Damien Rafferty (Newry Shamrocks)
19. Sean Parr (Rostrevor)
25. James Colgan (An Riocht)
7. Conor Garvey (Mayobridge)
8. Ambrose Rodgers (Longstone)
20. Paul Greenan (Kilcoo)
10. Martin Clarke (An Riocht)
11. Mark Poland (Longstone)
30. Stephen Kearney (Saval)
29. John Clarke (An Riocht)
15. Brendan Coulter (Mayobridge)
13. Paul McComiskey (Dundrum)

CHANGES TO THE MCKENNA CUP SQUAD DUE TO INJURY:
21. Kalum King (Bryansford) replaces Kevin Anderson
28. Conor Maginn (Bryansford) replaces Mark Doran

down6061689194

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 17, 2010, 02:09:33 PM
28. Conor Maginn (Bryansford) replaces Mark Doran
Was in the stands last night with Timmy Hannah.

Is timmy taking a break?

bigfrank

Tyrone game live on q101.2... they winning very easily so far

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

charlieTully

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 17, 2010, 11:14:21 AM
Quote from: behind the wire on January 17, 2010, 10:46:57 AM
Quote from: dundrumite on January 17, 2010, 12:41:47 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 16, 2010, 10:36:01 PM
Quote from: down6061689194 on January 16, 2010, 08:42:03 PM
Good show by down in cold conditions. Marty clarke was the highlight with some good scores. For me laverty showed Again he isn't up to scratch, going out of his way to fight costello and being lost in the forwRd line.
[/
?

the man won a penalty and was very involved and was as dangerous as any off our other inside men. Give the man a break and catch a grip.

Too be fair he was being literally being grabbed by the shirt and wrestled and the ref done fook all about it.
He gets some ridiculous bad press, few teenage Down fans in front of me were hoping " that yer Queens man would empty him." DOWN FANS  :o unreal.

sounds bad but i still think thats exactly what the queens player should have done. not sure what his obsession is with fighting.

decent enough run out. dont think queens will be anywhere near the running for sigerson this year, hope im wrong though.

Well costello should stop using his nipping and pulling tactics and he will not get a slap. Lavertys movement is hard to stop and he is very hard to mark but no player should be nipped constantly. Laverty has that determination that is needed and too many Down players in recent years havent got. He is good enough. end off. he has proved it at county under 21s a few seasons ago when he was Downs best player and consistently for Kilcoo in Downs top flight. Last night he made 2 points and won a penalty when on pitch for twenty minutes and as dundrumite said he was being grabbed and the ref done nothing which was a clear free in. Some Down supporters are hard to please, we get a rare 12 point win and some ejits come onto this board to single out one particular man who played well. Wise yourselves up. Tyrone fans get behing their fighting, in your face players as do Armagh.

agree mdg, he looked very lively, made the penalty and was well up for it. i think he will be a big asset to down if he can keep his cool.

tyroneman

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Coney man of the match for Tír Eoghain  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Baile an tuaigh

Thats serious energy displayed by Tyrone to-day! Wow 26 points  thats impressive in hurling never mind football. How many Tyrone minors from 08 played? Was there many Tyrone players on the St Mary's team?

Tyrone laying down the mantle for the 2010 campaign already. Looks like new lads are hungry to stake a claim in the team and there is no substitute for that either.   

DirtyDozen12

A romp in the park for tyrone today.  Coney awarded MOTM, very good so he was but really should have went to Brian McGuigan, simply outstanding, man is a class act and is in great shape for this time of the year, different sauce altogether.  Tyrone very strong squad, going to be hard to pick national league / championship team the year!! 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Club Rossa

Totally agree,Coney was excellent but Brian McGuigan was the outstanding player on the field.

charlie stubbs