McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteAll he had to do was send a scout to the games they played in - problem solved.

That's how half-assed counties do it but not Tyrone.  Watch & learn.

realredhandfan

Mc Caul is growing in stature with every game,  I believe Harte has unearthed a real cracker there.  Cavlan is the best footballer in Ireland at the moment, if he keeps it up it will be an all star year for him.  Mc Ginley worries me greatly.  Forward line took a long time to get going.  Hub Hughes is not at the races this year at all lads.     

Over the Bar

Was that Hubs second or third sending off this year?  Isn there a rule about 3 sendings-off which carries a longer suspension?

realredhandfan

Derry 06 cship striking
fermanagh 07 2 yellows
Donegal Mc kenna Cup 2 yellows (second one should be appealed  it was not a bookng imo)
but still 3 sendings off in his last 6 games for Tyrone.  This needs to be corrected.

In my opinion Hub Hughes has slowed up too much and lacks the power he had 4 years ago(2003).  this was his strength.  He had a good second half against Dublin, but over the amount of game time that he has had this year that would not be enough for me.  I think he will make the panel but needs to buck up to be of any use to cavanagh alongside him. he has had a year out of football and i think he has struggled to get back to the level we all wish he was at.  the sendings off are just an indication that its not going for him. 

Uladh

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2007, 09:25:00 AM
As for the criers on about college players, sry up.

The point, you total ass, is that harte has thumbed his nose at the ulster council and shown total disregard for rules adhered to by every other team who entered the competition. outside of that, noone cares about the ins and outs of how well the tyrone trials are coming along and how ye are gonna win the champions league and the cricket world cup.

realredhandfan

Uladh I understand wher you are coming from.  For many years now Armagh club football has been in crisis because of Big Joe holding it to ransom.  Mickey harte dosent do this in tyrone, he is fallible and makes msitakes like big Joe but has some good points as well, you must admit.   

Uladh

i know the board is playing up and there is difficulty following threads, but you might as well have posted something about the planet venus as that shite. what are you on about?

realredhandfan

i could harp on about Big joes impact on Armagh club football, but in fairness I see his good points and let him off.  Why not do the same with Harte?

laughinpaddy

Hartes record speaks for itself, i'm not to sure how many minor all-ireland finals his team has contested as for senior well, contested two won two. as for big joe holding the county board to ransom I think thats shite..... he is the county board!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Uladh

we are debating harte's disregard for rules and complete distain for the ulster council. did i miss something?

it's totally irrelevent to the state of armagh club football, which has produced 3 all ireland club titles in the last 10 years...

nrico2006

Uladh, your spouting of shite is nearly as annoying as a f**king cheeky girls song.  Wind your neck in, Tyrone took their punishment for the fielding of uni players in the Derry game, and we have moved on.  Point is, the uni's were no longer involved in the competition and if a player CHOOSES to make himself available to play for his County, who is Mickey Harte to stand in his way if the lad is good enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneman

Quotewe are debating harte's disregard for rules and complete distain for the ulster council. did i miss something?

So Uladh.....please specify which rules exactly MH has disregarded in fielding the McKenna final team.

Not your personal opinion, no mention of the 'spirit' of the cup but the actual rukles he has contravined.

realredhandfan

Uladhs got a good point there, one that I am sypathetic with.... yes hes afraid that Tyrone are breaking rules however in this case the rules do no longer apply.  As for Armagh Club football being strong.  Do any of our other esteeemed Armagh contributors wish to back Uladh up on this?  Im waiting!!!!

Uladh

nrico

"Tyrone took their punishment for the fielding of uni players in the Derry game, and we have moved on.  Point is, the uni's were no longer involved in the competition and if a player CHOOSES to make himself available to play for his County, who is Mickey Harte to stand in his way if the lad is good enough."

no son, by the rules, the uni players are unaviable to their county for the remainder of the competition. they were leniantly punished the last time and should be more harshly dealt with this time.

at no time has harte said that he wasn't breaking the rules, only that he doesn't agree with them. its only barroom barristers from the bushes on here who think that some fantastic legal loophole should be the answer every time another of their offspring breaks any rule.

Tyroneman

If they haven't broken any rules, why were they deducted points previosly and why didn't the litigious mr harte appeal?

Realhandfan

who claimed armagh club football was strong?

ONeill

Quote from: Uladh on February 19, 2007, 01:41:07 PM

no son, by the rules, the uni players are unaviable to their county for the remainder of the competition. they were leniantly punished the last time and should be more harshly dealt with this time.

Lads, you're wasting your time here. There are some knowledgeable Armaghicans on the board. Unfortunately young Uladh here is the Armagh village idiot of the board.

He seems to think Tyrone played some players who played for the Unis during the competition.

Best just to nod.....the same way we did when he claimed Mickey hadn't 'the balls' to play the students.

(A serious word of advice for the lad, if you're going to use medium to big words, try to spell them correctly)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.