McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

8-8 now, twenty mins left.

Both teams look very tired, Queen's in particular.

RedandGreenSniper

I know the pool of fluent Irish speakers in Ulster ain't gonna be high but its stretching it a bit to have him on
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mylestheslasher

You don't have to have been the worlds greatest footballer to be able to read a game and comment on whats going on. The fact that people think this is why there are so many ex players doing shit jobs at club management imo.

OK game giving the shitty conditions. I thought at the start of the 2nd half that donegal would pull away but queens are fighting hard.

Missed a great chance from a free to win it there

Fuzzman

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 24, 2009, 08:57:49 PM
You don't have to have been the worlds greatest footballer to be able to read a game and comment on whats going on. The fact that people think this is why there are so many ex players doing shit jobs at club management imo.

OK game giving the shitty conditions. I thought at the start of the 2nd half that donegal would pull away but queens are fighting hard.

Missed a great chance from a free to win it there

Agreed, but it does help, gives credence to the views you are expressing. But you're right, we probably do put too much faith in reputation rather than ability etc. There is a balance to be found
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Maguire01

Not much of a game really, but thought Queen's were better for most of it. Seriously poor crowd. Maybe they should have just had it in Ballybofey - it's not as if it would inconvenience the Queen's support.

tyronefan

AFS

Ref off. Must've got a yellow because they were allowed to replace him.

mylestheslasher

9 mins into 1st half of xtra time and 1-11 - 0-10 to donegal. Donegal have the wind in this half i think. Bad mistake by queens keeper for the goal. Conditions are woeful.

AFS

Queen's keeper screws up. Donegal goal. Probably game over.

INDIANA

quite enjoying it actually, people here expect summer football in the middle of january in crap weather really know nothing about Gaelic Football.

Kielt looks really really  good, what county? why didn't he take the free?
Vernon looks quality as well, never really seen much of him. could add some pace to an armagh team at badly needs it.

mylestheslasher

1-11 to 0-11 at half time in extra time. I still think queens have a chance. Should be a bit fitter and have the wind and some damn fine forwards. Queens to pip it.

AFS

Kielt is from Derry. Very, very good underage player. The AFL scouts have been sniffing about though.