McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

"Fermanagh made us work hard for the points,'' Mickey Harte
13 February 2007
Tyrone boss Mickey Harte was delighted with the win over their near-neighbours, Fermanagh in the second round of the NFL Division 1A at Healy Park, Omagh under lights on Saturday 10th February. However, he admitted that they had to battle hard for the win, saying that the scoreline flattered his side at the finish.
"It was anyone's game up to the last five minutes. We had to work hard for every score, and over the hour Fermanagh put plenty of pressure on us, just what you would expect in a local derby clash.''
Harte said that he was delighted with the attitude of his players once again. He however, pledged to continue with the process of experimentation for to-morrow (Tuesday) evenings clash with Monaghan in the second semi-final of the Dr. McKenna Cup with Monaghan in Kingspan/Breffni Park, Cavan at 7.30 p.m.
"We are trying to give all the players who have been training with the squad some match time, while at the same time trying to get results,'' he said.
"It's not easy to get the balance right, but we are doing our best, and we will certainly try out some new players on Tuesday night against Monaghan to give them a chance of competitive football. At the same time we want to reach the McKenna Cup final and are up against a Monaghan side who have got into the habit of winning games, and will fancy their chances on this occasion. It should be an interesting clash, and we will learn more about the strength of our panel after this encounter,'' added Harte.
http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=72700

tyroneman

If Tyrone win tonight - Final is in Breffni

If Tyrone lose tonight - Final is in Omagh

No coverage on tonight (although profile on Nudie Hughes is on)

Final on live TG4 Sat night

sam03/05

any coverage of the game on radio 2night??

Fuzzman

Nobody seems to know for sure where the final is on if its Tyrone v Donegal.

Does Celtic park not have floodlights?

A Tyrone fan overconfident? Never.

realredhandfan

Whats the team for tionight, any boarders going..

Over the Bar

Its a hard route to 4-in-a-row for Tyrone as Monaghan will be out to avenge last years defeat while Donegal will want to avenge the mauling they got in Ballybofey in 2004.    That said you just can't beat games like this to let the new lads get some real early-season action.

Mid Mon

I'll be there. Stewarding in the VIP section.

realredhandfan

Whats the chances of this game being rained off.  Im heading fairly pronto and its pished all day.

Mid Mon

Breffni is a prunty pitch, so should be ok!

cavan4ever

thebandit

Quote from: Mid Mon on February 13, 2007, 04:29:38 PM
I'll be there. Stewarding in the VIP section.

You bring the flask, I have sangwiches!

realredhandfan

tr**p the sh++e outta er boys.  Come on the redhandTuesday night brigade.

ONeill

Any possible radio commentary for those exiled or banished?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Was listening to Northern Sound there and I think he said there'll be commentary from 7.30 though I may be mistaken as he had a Mexican accent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.