8. P.Courtney (armagh)
9. C.vernon (armagh)
10. B Mcardle (down)
11. C. Mcginn (down)
12. SL Mcgoldrick (derry)
13. J.Keilt (derry)
14. S. Oneil (tyrone)
15. K. leonard (fermanagh)

If queens beat antrim on wednesday then they should be the first university team to qualify for the mckenna cup semi finals

Did UUJ not qualify for the semi's within the last couple of years?

The GAA

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 12, 2009, 01:11:49 PM
Quote from: The GAA on January 12, 2009, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: downgirl on January 11, 2009, 05:31:46 PM
Glad to see we can STILL beat the All-Ireland champions  :P

When did you last beat all ireland champions?

Yesterday.

Are you not able to follow simple english?

after yesterday downgirl proclaimed that down could still beat all ireland champions. i was wondering when it happened previously...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The GAA on January 12, 2009, 01:26:31 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 12, 2009, 01:11:49 PM
Quote from: The GAA on January 12, 2009, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: downgirl on January 11, 2009, 05:31:46 PM
Glad to see we can STILL beat the All-Ireland champions  :P

When did you last beat all ireland champions?

Yesterday.

Are you not able to follow simple english?

after yesterday downgirl proclaimed that down could still beat all ireland champions. i was wondering when it happened previously...

Your question was 'When did you last beat all ireland champions?'

I assume the 'you' referred to Down. Therefore the answer to your question is yesterday. True or false brainiac?

The GAA

incorrect. in the  context of her statement, yesterday's win was claimed as a further victory over all ireland champions. i merely asked which victory it had been predated by.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The GAA on January 12, 2009, 01:33:40 PM

incorrect. in the  context of her statement, yesterday's win was claimed as a further victory over all ireland champions. i merely asked which victory it had been predated by.

The answer I gave was correct for the question you posed.

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 12, 2009, 09:15:39 AM
Good to see Tyrone back in action, although not much was expected of a team made up largely of fringe players and most of whom were only back from the team holiday.  In particular, brilliant to see SON back in action and scoring against a Down side with many championship regulars.   I am glad lessons have been learnt from the past few years with regard to how MH views the McKenna cup.

Down had preety much a reserve team out:

Brendan McVeigh
Damian Rafferty
Kevin McKernan
Martin Cole
Conor Garvey (0-1)
Louis Sloan
Hugh Davey (0-2)
Joseph Ireland (0-1)
Jackie Lynch       
John Fegan (0-4)
John Boyle (0-1)
Ronan Sexton
Michael Magee (0-3)
Cathal Magee
Daniel Hughes (0-2)

I make it 4 championship regulars

lfdown2

Quote from: The GAA on January 12, 2009, 01:33:40 PM

::) ::)

downredblack

In fairness , Rafferty , McKernan ,Fegan and Lynch have played in the Championship as well .

laoisgaa

Does anyone have the leaderboard for the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup Fantasy Football competition?

Thanks

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: downredblack on January 12, 2009, 01:54:17 PM
In fairness , Rafferty , McKernan ,Fegan and Lynch have played in the Championship as well .

But they are not championship regulars.

Rafferty has spent 3 of the last 5 years on the sidlines.
Fegan made his championsghip debut last year as did McKernan whilst big Jack never got look in last summer and won't this year if Ambrose, Colgan or Ireland are available to partner Dan.

Theres a big difference between somone who has played in the championship and someone who is a 'championship regular'.

downredblack

I'd expect Rafferty and McKernan to be close to our starting 15 come the summer .

Colgan ??

Joe Umbrella (hey)

I agree but with Colgan he's another one of these frustrating fellas, good at underage and colleges level but reamains to be seen what he can do at senior county level (if he gets a chance). I would like to be see hime along side Dan with Ambrose on the 40. Although I would also like to see Mickey Walsh in there too, so my thoughts on team selection dont mean sh*t. Its a long way to the summer and a full strength squad with promotion from Division 3 the main priority before we can think about the championship.  

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 12, 2009, 02:57:50 PM
Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on January 12, 2009, 01:46:22 PM
Hugh Davey (0-2)

This guy had a very good game yesterday, kept Ryan mellon well busy, hit 2 clinking points as well.  Looks like a championship player to me.  what club is he from?

Newry Shamrocks, went to Blackburn to play soccer when he was younger, didn't work out, was in america for a while as well, then back last year...

nrico2006

Tyrone only had 5 of their starting Championship team out. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 12, 2009, 03:16:43 PM
Tyrone only had 5 of their starting Championship team out. 

Nobody disputed this