McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

My bet will be Tyrone, QUB, Antrim and Donegal...

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone look a good price at 13/10 but its hard to know. Down have a game and some training sessions behind them whereas Tyrone are entering the game on the back of a team holiday. Also last year Tyrone were poor enough in the McKenna Cup with the teams put out being a lot weaker than previous years. But with the likes of Stevie O'Neill, Kevin Hughes and Mulgrew looking to lay down an early marker for starting positions and a few talented new players trying to impress I certainly wouldnt rule out a victory. No word of a team being named?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 10, 2009, 12:16:51 AM
My bet will be Tyrone, QUB, Antrim and Donegal...

Derry
Donegal
Tyrone
Antrim.

Had a little wager on a draw in Queens Armagh game ;)

J70

Courtesy of the Donegal Democrat...

Fermanagh next up for Donegal

Dr McKenna Cup - Donegal v Fermanagh - Fr Tierney Park, Sunday 2pm

Published Date: 08 January 2009
By Tom Comack

Donegal will be bidding for a second win on the trot when they play Fermanagh, on Sunday, in round two of the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup, in Fr. Tierney Park. (Throw in 2 pm).
In John Joe Doherty's first outing last weekend Donegal had an easier than anticipated 3-14 to 0-13 victory over UUJ. The new boss was a little disappointed that the Students did not give his side a stiffer test.

However, it is generally accepted that last year's Ulster finalists, Fermanagh, will provide a sterner test. The Erne County themselves played out a 0-10 to 1-7 draw with Derry in Brewster Park. They led by five points at one stage before being forced to come from behind to dig out a late draw courtesy of Ciaran McElroy.

Both sides were experimental last Sunday with just a sprinkling of recognised first teamers on view and Doherty and Malachy O'Rourke are expected to continue with that policy again this weekend as they build up for the start of next month's Allianz National Football League.

With Kevin Cassidy, Neil McGee, Colm McFadden and Michael Hegarty all still unavailable and Michael Boyle, Declan Walsh, Leo McLoone and Paul McGinley all involved with their respective third level colleges, Doherty's options are limited and he is expected to run with a side very much along the lines of that which faced UUJ.

The St. Eunan's trio of Rory Kavanagh, Conall Dunne and Damian McClafferty have all returned from holidays and are available once again though it remains to be seen if they are included or the manager sticks with the 21 players he used last weekend.

Donegal trained on Tuesday night in Ardara after it was switched from MacCumhaill Park, due to frost. The first of the regional competition games (South v North West) on Tuesday night was also a victim of the weather. The second of the regional games between the East and Inishowen is fixed for MacCumhaill Park on Thursday night.

Donegal are also due to train tonight in Ballybofey. They plan is to play the regional games on the main pitch with the county training running at the same time on the second pitch. Doherty is not expected to name his starting 15 until after training tonight and like last week it may be even closer to the game itself before he finally unveils his selection.

Meanwhile, Donegal's opening game of the Allianz National Football League is in Austin Stack Park, in Tralee, Donegal PRO Seamus O'Donnell confirmed this week. However, Donegal are still awaiting word on a request to have the game - which has been fixed for Sunday February 1 - brought forward to the night before, Saturday night January 31.

never kickt a ball

McKenna Cup Antrim v Cavan 11.01.09
10 January 2009
Senior team for Sunday

1.JOHN FINNUCANE
2.CONOR MAXWELL
3.SEAN MC VEIGH
4.AARON DOUGLAS
5.TONY SCULLION
6.PADDY CAREY
7.LIAM CARLAND
8.MICHAEL MC CANN
9.BENNY HASSON
10.AODHAN GALLAGHER
11.KEVIN BRADY
12.DAVY MC ALERNON
13.CIARON CLOSE
14.DONAL GRAHAM
15.GERARD MC ALEESE
16. SEAN MC GREEVEY
17.MARTIN MC CARRY
18.DAMIEN GAULT
19.DARA EDWARDS
20.CONOR CREANEY
21.KEVIN MC GLINCHEY
22.NEIL O CONNELL
23.COLIN BRADY
24.PAUL CONLON
25.KEVIN MC QUILLAN
26.CONOR MC GOLDRICK
27.PADDY CUNNINGHAM
28.MICHAEL MAGILL

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=1415

Print it out and take it with you, if you are going to this match.

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 10, 2009, 12:21:37 AM
Tyrone look a good price at 13/10 but its hard to know. Down have a game and some training sessions behind them whereas Tyrone are entering the game on the back of a team holiday. Also last year Tyrone were poor enough in the McKenna Cup with the teams put out being a lot weaker than previous years. But with the likes of Stevie O'Neill, Kevin Hughes and Mulgrew looking to lay down an early marker for starting positions and a few talented new players trying to impress I certainly wouldnt rule out a victory. No word of a team being named?

I believe that of the AIF players, Harte, Sean, Hub, Tommy and Stevie will start. Prob see Donnelly, Swift, Quinn, Mulgrew and Cassidy. Might even see Sean starting in a unique position.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoisgaa

Does anyone have the leaderboard for the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup Fantasy Football competition?

Thanks

Carmen Stateside

Shortso79

Supposed to be on Five FM

But they are having communication difficulties i.e. phone not working

Should be on soon

http://www.fivefm.co.uk/

ardmhachaabu08

hardly any chance of armagh game being on radio anywhere ??   
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

ardmhachaabu08

queens 0-05   armagh 0-01   latest
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

never kickt a ball

Donegal 0-05 Fermanagh 0-02 - 20 mins gone.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Shortso79 on January 11, 2009, 02:16:49 PM
Supposed to be on Five FM

But they are having communication difficulties i.e. phone not working

Should be on soon

http://www.fivefm.co.uk/

Cheers working fine now!

stiffler

Any word on the scorers for cavan?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009