McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 07, 2009, 08:58:53 AM
Is he not still over Queens??

He is, along with Dan McCartan. Mentioned it to one of the Queens lads the other day and he said he be looking forward to lining up against him.  :D

thebandit

What I meant was, is he not perceived to have a certain amount of a say in the Armagh setup?

Joxer

Quote from: Donagh on January 07, 2009, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 07, 2009, 08:58:53 AM
Is he not still over Queens??

He is, along with Dan McCartan. Mentioned it to one of the Queens lads the other day and he said he be looking forward to lining up against him.  :D

You sure its Dan McCartan? I thought he was a dentist?

The GAA

Quote from: thebandit on January 07, 2009, 10:14:03 AM
What I meant was, is he not perceived to have a certain amount of a say in the Armagh setup?

There was talk of him being involved if Grimley and McGeeney had gotten the job. never heard dan McCartan mentioned... isn't he playing with down?

Donagh

Quote from: Joxer on January 07, 2009, 10:17:32 AM

I think he was a dentist when he captained the Sigerson winning team a few years ago, ach sin ceist eile, he's involved with the management setup this this year.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Donagh on January 07, 2009, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: Joxer on January 07, 2009, 10:17:32 AM

I think he was a dentist when he captained the Sigerson winning team a few years ago, ach sin ceist eile, he's involved with the management setup this this year.

He was dropped from the Down Panel this year.

Aiden will probably select some useless hoooer at centre forward?  :P

bennydorano

Is Bernie Murray not still there as Number 2?

Onion Bag

Is Armagh playing Queens this w'end, Venue?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

gander

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 07, 2009, 12:07:03 PM
Is Bernie Murray not still there as Number 2?

That's what I thought too, im 99% sure he is.

thebandit

Bernie Murray from Monaghan? Didn't know that

corn02

Quote from: thebandit on January 07, 2009, 02:16:35 PM
Bernie Murray from Monaghan? Didn't know that

Was last year and pretty sure I seen him at a Queen's match this year.

tyroneman

QuoteHenderson showing alright, but he didn't do enough to dispel the doubts surrounding him

QuoteHenderson did well, but his failings are well known and they'll surface at some point.

Since we didn't have a game on Sunday I went down to this one myself.

Thought Henderson was by far the pick of the forwards. Seemed comfortable on the ball and keen enough to go for a score. Won a few balls into him that he was very much 2nd favourite for. Noticeable that some of the more 'established players were a bit reluctant to pass to him at times (e.g. the short free he took in the second half to O'Rourke who turned into trouble rather than lay it back off to Henderson)

What's the story though? I understand he has played McKenna and u-21 beofre but some lads are mentioning 'failings' and 'doubts', the Lurgan fellas all think he's county material though................

Is it an attitude thing as he certainy looks talented enough?

The GAA

tyroneman