McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on December 07, 2008, 03:10:20 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM
Thats Dara Edwards from Armagh isn't it?

Indeed it is.

Not much of a loss I wouldn't have thought. Didn't impress too much for his home county last McKenna Cup.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AFS

southoftheborder

anyword on mckenna cup panels - when the deadline

bigfrank

Tyrone invitations out last week for Dr mc kenna cup

never kickt a ball

Quote from: bigfrank on December 09, 2008, 05:40:07 PM

Aidan Cassidy (Augher)
Gareth Devlin (Stewartstown)
Conor O'Donnell (Omagh)
Jason McAnulla (Omagh)
Ryan O'Neill (Clonoe)
Martin Swift (Killyclogher)
Niall McGinn (Eskra)
Peter McGahan (Killyman)

never kickt a ball

Carr names Cavan squad

Tommy Carr, the new Cavan football boss, has named an extended 42-man panel for the season-opening Dr McKenna Cup.

Carr has included five players new to inter-county football, with Brian Coleman, the Castlerahan goalkeeper, drafted in, while Drumalee trio Enda McCormack and Gary Fenercombe and Dane O'Dowd also caught the eye of the Tipperary native.
Kildallan attacker Ronan O'Reilly is the final addition, while star player Seanie Johnston is included despite suggestions that he could miss the season as he has hinted that he could spend the year travelling.
Johnston's club, Cavan Gaels, who won the county final again this year, have five representatives in the panel in total.

Cavan Squad: James Reilly [Drung], Eoghan Elliot [Cavan Gaels], Brian Coleman [Castlerahan], Michael Brides [Oliver Plunkett's], Johnny Crowe [Crosserlough], John McCutcheon [Cootehill], Keith Fannin [Drumgoon] Michael Hannon [do], Mark McKeever [Gowna], Padraig O'Reilly [Ballinagh], Barry Watters [Drung], Rory Dunne [Redhills], Eamonn Reilly [Cavan Gaels], Paul Brady [Mullahoran] Dermot Sheridan [do], Ronan Flanagan [Castlerahan], Martin Cahill [Denn], Dane O'Dowd [Drumlane], Enda McCormack [Drumalee], Gary Ferncombe [do], Dermot McCabe [Gowna], Ciaran Galligan [Drung], Nicholas Walsh (Cavan Gaels), Lorcan Mulvey (Butlersbridge), John Cunningham [Swanlinbar], Raymond Galligan [Lacken], John Tierney [Knockbride], David Givney [Mountnugent], Micheál Lyng [Cavan Gaels], Sean Johnston [do], Gerard Pierson [Gowna], Anton O'Reilly [Ramor Utd], James Clarke [Kilinkere], Ronan O'Reilly [Kildallan], Martin Reilly [Killygarry], Paddy Gumley [Redhills], Jason O'Reilly [Belturbet], Sean Brady [Castlerahan] Cian Mackey [do], Conor Smith [Cuchullains], Eddie O'Reilly [Mullahoran], Ray Cullivan [Ballyhaise].

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=25315

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 16, 2008, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on December 09, 2008, 05:40:07 PM

Aidan Cassidy (Augher)
Gareth Devlin (Stewartstown)
Conor O'Donnell (Omagh)
Jason McAnulla (Omagh)
Ryan O'Neill (Clonoe)
Martin Swift (Killyclogher)
Niall McGinn (Eskra)
Peter McGahan (Killyman)

It said in times there was 9 people asked but only named 8 above. Did Colly Dorris get asked to? I'd imagine they'd soon have to have some kind of panel in place. I'm glad to see Swift back, looked like a decent corner back last year. Also looking forward to seeing Cassidy,O'Neill and Devlin. Does anyone have any opinion on which of these players are most likely to make it? What position does Conor O'Donnell play?

bigfrank

O Donnell plays corner forward and i think ur right bout colly doris,he was called up too!!Cassidy could def make it,class players bring out the best in ya and he could do well!

bigfrank

Harte calls on new faces
18 December 2008

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has welcomed some fresh blood into the O'Neill County fold for the forthcoming McKenna Cup campaign.

The players will be afforded an opportunity to break into the panel for the league and championship once the All-Ireland holders regroup at the start of January.

The following have been called up: Peter McGahan (Killyman), Martin Swifts (Killyclogher), Conor O'Donnell and Jason McAnulla (Omagh), Niall McGinn (Eskra), Gareth Devlin (Stewartstown), Ryan O'Neill (Clonoe) and Aidan Cassidy (Augher).

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: bigfrank on December 18, 2008, 06:23:52 PM
Harte calls on new faces
18 December 2008

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has welcomed some fresh blood into the O'Neill County fold for the forthcoming McKenna Cup campaign.

The players will be afforded an opportunity to break into the panel for the league and championship once the All-Ireland holders regroup at the start of January.

The following have been called up: Peter McGahan (Killyman), Martin Swifts (Killyclogher), Conor O'Donnell and Jason McAnulla (Omagh), Niall McGinn (Eskra), Gareth Devlin (Stewartstown), Ryan O'Neill (Clonoe) and Aidan Cassidy (Augher).

The young fella going to Celtic?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bigfrank

The Niall Mc Ginn goin to celtic is from Donaghmore,same club as the famous Eugene Mc Kenna and Malachi Cush lol:)

rrhf

Tyrone Dreamer

Colm Dorris is a 9th addition to the 30 man McKenna Cup panel not on earlier list. Following players were on last years panel that I have noticed missing for it:

Colm Cavanagh (uni)
Justy McMahon (uni)
Snowy O'Neill (uni)
Cathal McCarron
Colm McCullagh
Ryan McMenamin
Conor Gormley
Niall Gormley
Dermot Carlin
Damien McCaul
Brian Dooher
Brian McGuigan

Any one know what the story with the 3 Dromore players (except Snowy) that are missing? Are they all injured? - was suprised that McCarron is missing as thought he would get time to prove his worth. Is Conor Gormley taking a break or is he injured to? Looks like a fairly stong panel and will be good to see Mugsy and O'Neill linking up. A lot of counties experimenting in it so Tyrone have a good chance of getting title back.