McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Pt for Eoin Bradley

1-12 to 1-5  2mins added 69 mins gone

Another one for Eoin GAME OVER 1-12 to 1-6.

Maguire01

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 26, 2008, 08:59:40 PM
Pt for Eoin Bradley

1-12 to 1-5  2mins added 69 mins gone

Another one for Eoin GAME OVER 1-12 to 1-6.

I thought TG4.tv was live?  You've had the last 2 updates before they happened on my computer!

never kickt a ball

Where could i get 30 cheap sleeping bags?

Danny Hughes Man of Match

never kickt a ball

Presentation delayed.....................Come on Mickey you have to hand it over. You can't keep it for ever. :'(

Tatler Jack

Ulster will be difficult to win this year with little enough between Tyrone, Armagh, Derry, Down, Donegal and Monaghan. Shows how handy Kerry have it in Munster – even handier than usual this year.

screenexile

Derry awful but can't judge a lot on just that one match. The league will give a much better picture of where most sides are at. Have Down been training since October? By god it shows! Most of their lads were flying from start to finish and even with a few mins to go Hughes burnt 2 Derry players in a 50 yard run down the field, he was awesome tonight! Down look very hungry and I would fancy them for promotion this year.

ONeill

I know it's only January and blah blah but this Down side were as fit and as hungry as I've seen from a Mourne team in a decade.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BallyhaiseMan

Down were back training in October,

Derry started back training in Mid December

and it showed,Huge difference in Levels of fitness
Down looked awesome and very fit,but im afraid its going to catch up with the Mourne Men later on in the year and other teams will be far sharper and energetic come championship time.
Tipping them for Ulster right now is ridiculous.

Silky

Watched the game on TG4. Well played Down. They played some lovely football going forward and their defence was fairly solid. Better team won but it is only January.

dundrumite

Quote from: Estimator on January 26, 2008, 08:41:37 PM
Is there any point catching the ball in midfield??

Terrific point. One of the skills of our game is being wiped away. When a player plucks the ball out of the sky more often than not he is surrounded by the opposition and generally gets blown up for over carrying. Had this discussion before and a compromise suggestion being introducing the mark rule from a kick out??? I think it would be a great rule to introduce.

time ticking away

It's amazing how long it took for Liam Doyle to play CHB for Down. He is a different player there
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Blacksheep

Disappointing performance from Derry. Poor shooting in the first half bate us. Roll on the NFL.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

screenexile

I think we were maybe getting a bit carried away a hiding like that will hopefully waken a few boys up for the Mayo match... season starts next Saturday!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 26, 2008, 09:50:00 PM
I know it's only January and blah blah but this Down side were as fit and as hungry as I've seen from a Mourne team in a decade.

Agree with you there! They appear to be doing and saying the right things and they have a freshness about them. Like all the good Down sides in the past if they continue to improve under their current management they might just prove difficult to beat as the year progresses.

bcarrier