McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 26, 2016, 01:02:52 PM
I miss Armagh.

Proper manly opponents instead of lying down con men like McKindless and Barton, Enda Lynn and Liam Hinphey.

Yeah the Cavanagh's and McCann are real men, they would never lie down!

Walter Cronc

I miss Armagh.

Proper manly opponents instead of lying down con men like McKindless and Barton, Enda Lynn and Liam Hinphey.

Lol Liam Hinphey. Digging deep there!

red hander

I miss Armagh.

Aye, and less whingeing (marginally)

screenexile

Quote from: red hander on January 26, 2016, 03:39:20 PM
I miss Armagh.

Aye, and less whingeing (marginally)

Franko

Permatan McCann at wing forward, jumping about the field like the Tom Daley of Gaelic Football and the corner back who spends his time niggling and prodding his direct opponent in an attempt to get him sent off.  If manliness was embodied by "limp legs" Jordan when Marsden rubbed his face, then yes indeed, the great hard men of Tyrone surely fit that bill.

*And I haven't even mentioned Cavanagh yet.

redhandefender

Quote from: Franko on January 26, 2016, 04:01:57 PM
Permatan McCann at wing forward, jumping about the field like the Tom Daley of Gaelic Football and the corner back who spends his time niggling and prodding his direct opponent in an attempt to get him  sent off.  If manliness was embodied by "limp legs" Jordan when Marsden rubbed his face, then yes indeed, the great hard men of Tyrone surely fit that bill.

Hows Jamie Clarke and his coffee tasting club getting on?

screenexile

Quote from: redhandefender on January 26, 2016, 04:09:39 PM
Permatan McCann at wing forward, jumping about the field like the Tom Daley of Gaelic Football and the corner back who spends his time niggling and prodding his direct opponent in an attempt to get him sent off.  If manliness was embodied by "limp legs" Jordan when Marsden rubbed his face, then yes indeed, the great hard men of Tyrone surely fit that bill.

What the f**k are you on about??!!

The Sweeper.com

Im sure the Derry County Board wont be too pleased with both their manager and assistant manager/trainer being sent to the stand on Saturday night.
Either of them hardly covered themselves in glory.
Poor reflection IMO.

Franko

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2016, 04:11:54 PM

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2016, 04:11:54 PM

Maybe he wants to know how easy it goes down?

Gaafan2

It would suit the Derry fans better to concentrate on how well their county team has begun this season instead of continually analysing incidents that occurred during their two meetings with tyrone. If I were a Derry fan I would be more than pleased with the way Barton and co seem to have instilled a bit of bite back into the jersey after so many years of mediocrity. I didn't hear tony scullion whinging about mcnamee, McCann etc. just be glad that your county are back performing better than they have done for quite some years and that tyrone v Derry games are now like those in the 90's.

tyroneman

A peculiar type of mindset that seems to derive more pleasure from the wrongdoing of others outside the camp (perceived or otherwise) than celebrating the things going right within......

Derry have perennially had the potential to achieve...but never seem to crack the mental aspect of the game to provide the level of consistency that sets the top teams apart.

O'Kane, Lynch, Muldoon, assorted Bradleys, Kielt, etc.....so many good players.....shoulda achieved so much more..

As Phiilp Larkin put it.... "Yet still they leave us holding wretched stalks of disappointment"

Ah well.....fcuk them.....long may it continue...... ;)

r3

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 26, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
It would suit the Derry fans better to concentrate on how well their county team has begun this season instead of continually analysing incidents that occurred during their two meetings with tyrone. If I were a Derry fan I would be more than pleased with the way Barton and co seem to have instilled a bit of bite back into the jersey after so many years of mediocrity. I didn't hear tony scullion whinging about mcnamee, McCann etc. just be glad that your county are back performing better than they have done for quite some years and that tyrone v Derry games are now like those in the 90's.

Amen to that. Ok, so there were a few dodgy incidents on both sides. Get over it! paralysis by analysis and he said she said saids.  Tyrone are a solid team and these games will stand a developing Derry team in good stead going forward.

tbrick18

I miss Armagh.

Laughable.
Lets remind ourselves of the "men" Tyrone have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmhZI0pM9bQ

I like that term "bad smell". It follows this Tyrone team around and has done for some time.

WT4E

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 27, 2016, 12:41:58 AM
I miss Armagh.

Laughable.

I like that term "bad smell". It follows this Tyrone team around and has done for some time.

This is McKenna Cup thread - it has nothing to do with how Monaghan behaved in All Ireland QF. Tyrone got involved that day and have probably learned their lesson.

No wides

Quote from: WT4E on January 27, 2016, 10:52:37 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 27, 2016, 12:41:58 AM
I miss Armagh.

Laughable.

This is McKenna Cup thread - it has nothing to do with how Monaghan behaved in All Ireland QF. Tyrone got involved that day and have probably learned their lesson.

They did learn it, they learned to dive more and get the filth in off the ball, well done, they are a credit to the GAA world!