McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 11:56:56 AM
Quote from: general_lee on January 25, 2016, 11:44:53 AM
I wouldn't be complaining if Armagh were in the position Tyrone are. As much as I enjoy ridiculing them they've won matches, tried players out and have something to show for it with momentum going into the NFL.
I wonder who Monaghan and Armagh where playing last weekend in preparation for the national league and how much the management learned about their new players in those games?
Exactly. Armagh played Roscommon (won) and Antrim (bate) albeit with a second string out. But gimme a match under lights and a decent crowd any day again you lot or the aristocrats to get the players (and supporters) fired up for the season ahead

Mikhailov

Few observations from the game last Saturday night;

1. Athletic Grounds is a great place for a game, compact and generally a super atmosphere
2. Mooney the referee was out of his depth - not up to that level yet...
3. Derry should have won in normal time, that is twice now that they have missed the opportunity to put Tyrone away. That will play on the mind set of the full camp involved.
4. Derry led by 4 at HT with slight breeze to come and should have played a more attacking style, seemed to hold on to whatever they had instead of pushing for home
5. Barton has 100% certainly improved Derry as he done with all his previous teams at club level but can he get them over the line - which he failed to do with all his previous club teams !!
6. Both teams very fit for January and both will do well in NFL
7. Tyrone were poor in 1st half but half time subs give them a more potent threat up front which in the end was the difference
8. No wonder Daniel McKinless has dislocated both knees if that is the way he tackles
9. Tiernan McCann needs to be careful in future. He is gaining too much unwanted attention be it his tackling, his tan, his hair but it is time to let his football do the talking.
10. Both teams have unearthed some promising new talent and this augers well for both camps.
11. Conor Meyler was immense for his contribution, single handily turned the game in Tyrones favour and was then helped by the introduction of Sludden and McCurry.
12. For Derry I thought Gareth McKinless, Emmett Bradley, Conor McAtamney, Enda Lynn and James Kielt were best
13. Chrissy McKaigue is a super player and he kept Mattie Donnelly quiet but left the middle channel wide open as he followed Donnelly and Tyrone took full advantage with Meyler / Sludden and others galloping straight up the middle every attack. He either needs to sit or not play no.6
14. For Tyrone I thought HP McGeary, Conor McAliskey, Conor Meyler, Lee Brennan and Darren McCurry were best.
15. Derry will win the NFL game as Tyrone are poor in Omagh and the Championship will be a draw. There is not much between these teams at the minute and current relationships are bringing this back to the cauldron that was the 90's.

Finally would like to wish both Brendan Rogers and Enda Lynn all the best in their respective recovery. As a parent, it is not nice to watch your young lad lying injured on a pitch and hope they recover soon. Rogers looks seriously young and whilst I know he is in his early 20's he looks even younger.

That is only my opinion ......

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 25, 2016, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 12:28:31 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 10:42:00 AM
What is McCann at?

I actually tried to defend him with the Monaghan incident but he's done it again on Saturday night and nots the only time since Monaghan game. If I was him I'd be trying to stay on my feet even if big Sucky Bell was boxing the head of me!

And on another note - whats Mickeys policies on sunbeds? McCann is surely frequenting them a bit too much too!  ::)

The problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Complete nonsense. but I understand this is a trying time for you.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 03:33:54 PM
What is McCann at?

I actually tried to defend him with the Monaghan incident but he's done it again on Saturday night and nots the only time since Monaghan game. If I was him I'd be trying to stay on my feet even if big Sucky Bell was boxing the head of me!

And on another note - whats Mickeys policies on sunbeds? McCann is surely frequenting them a bit too much too!  ::)

The problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

I condemned him. Loads did.

However we also recognised he was then treated unfairly by the powers that be and it was the punishment we/I condemned.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

What is McCann at?

Just because you keep posting it doesn't mean its not complete bullsh1t.
I condemned McCann on here at the time, as did the vast majority of Tyrone posters.
Tyrone people may have defended him against the ridiculous 8 week ban that was thrown at him, but I cant recall a single person condoning the dive itself.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

What is McCann at?

Lenny - think you are 100% in the wrong here. Any right minded Tyrone GAA person condemned McCann for his actions and if my memory serves me right Philly Jordan did so the following Thursday in the IN. If you go back to the thread at that time he got plenty of abuse from his own people. However, the Tyrone people did not like the media witch hunt that singled him out but not a word about any of the Monaghan antics - Beggan diving after running 50 yards to get into a melee, Kieran Hughes made a meal out of Meylers challenge and he got a black card as a result. That was the issue plus the farcical 8 week ban - McCann was certainly got plenty of stick from within his own county

trueblue1234

What is McCann at?

2 mins searching on this board brought up the following comments from Tyrone posters. (Search for the thread if you want more)

QuoteDive was terrible and def soured a good performance

QuoteGreat performance from Tyrone overall. Disappointed in McCann and I'm sure TSG will rightly focus on it tomorrow night.
(From me as well!!  ;D

Quotefor the record I have no time for the actions of McCann

Quote( apart from mccanns dive, something he should Def get a ban for, can't stand that shite)

QuoteMcCanns dive was a disgrace and he should be very ashamed of himself.

QuotePoor from McCann the way he went down,

So as I said earlier, nonsense, just like most of your posts to be honest.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

WT4E

I think I'm more annoyed about his tan - not sure whether its jealousy or I'm worried for his health, he must be on them constant or else the weather in Killyclogher has got a lot better since the last time I was there!  ;D

WBF

Or it could be the fact he's not long home from a holiday in Australia ?

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 04:15:47 PM
I think I'm more annoyed about his tan - not sure whether its jealousy or I'm worried for his health, he must be on them constant or else the weather in Killyclogher has got a lot better since the last time I was there!  ;D

Apparently he's been in Australia the last few weeks which explains the tan. . .

I see the Tyrone supporters group on Facebook took great pleasure in "Damian Barton on his arse... Same place Pascal Canavan put him 20 years ago" (He didn't actually but why let the truth get in the way of a cheap laugh!). . . I think Barton was down there on purpose probably the safest place for him with Fergus about!!  :o :o

WT4E

It'll be jealousy then - Great tan!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2016, 04:30:39 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 04:15:47 PM

Apparently he's been in Australia the last few weeks which explains the tan. . .

I see the Tyrone supporters group on Facebook took great pleasure in "Damian Barton on his arse... Same place Pascal Canavan put him 20 years ago" (He didn't actually but why let the truth get in the way of a cheap laugh!). . . I think Barton was down there on purpose probably the safest place for him with Fergus about!!  :o :o

Cheap shot. Sure the man has enough demons without a troll like yourself compounding them.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Tammy Wynette was a Tyrone fan too apparently.

lenny

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM
QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

That's a backtrack.