McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

That's why Barton lost the plot last night too.He works in Tyrone.
Not forgetting the Tyrone men in your backroom team.We've a lot to answer for.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 24, 2016, 06:40:11 PM
That's why Barton lost the plot last night too.He works in Tyrone.
Not forgetting the Tyrone men in your backroom team.We've a lot to answer for.

Quite possibly some truth in that, but still early days for our new managerial team. I hope they can remain true to the real values of the GAA.
Ref should have taken sterner action against Monroe and cavanagh in that incident though.

Any craic

Wildweasel74

No ruckus would have started of the keeper didn't try to lift the Derry man up,that started the whole thing, still think an automatic red to the 3rd man into any row. flare up would cut out any row ever happening  in Gaelic football or any other sport for that matter

Jinxy

Tyrone just bring out the worst in their opponents.
If the Vatican entered a team in the McKenna Cup I wouldn't be surprised to see Pope Proinsias going for someone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Club Rossa

The Pope doesn't work in Tyrone Jinxy so he'd be able to keep his cool.

ONeill

No Pope here.

Barton's gallop reminded me of the great Eamon Coleman doing the same v Tyrone in 2001 I think.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

That was the day him and Dooher had a wee altercation.

red hander

Quote from: No wides on January 24, 2016, 11:01:33 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 24, 2016, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: No wides on January 24, 2016, 10:43:51 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 24, 2016, 09:43:14 AM
The Fix for Six starts here.

The Tyronies will be in heaven at seven, at this stage it must rank as one of the greatest GAA achievements this century, 5 in a row, unbelievable achievement. must bode well for croke park in september.

Winning is better than losing though! How's your strategy of losing games going for you?

I agree, I am saying it is an unbelievable achievement, you all must be very proud.

Nah, we're prouder of our three Sams. That's three Sams...

Quote from: red hander on January 24, 2016, 07:18:58 PM

The Tyronies will be in heaven at seven, at this stage it must rank as one of the greatest GAA achievements this century, 5 in a row, unbelievable achievement. must bode well for croke park in september.

Winning is better than losing though! How's your strategy of losing games going for you?

I agree, I am saying it is an unbelievable achievement, you all must be very proud.

Right, I'm assuming Sam Neill and Sammy Brush are two; haven't a notion who the third might be.

Throw ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
No ruckus would have started of the keeper didn't try to lift the Derry man up,that started the whole thing, still think an automatic red to the 3rd man into any row. flare up would cut out any row ever happening  in Gaelic football or any other sport for that matter

Agree totally. As the rules stand I feel the referee got the cards right in this incident. For a team that takes gamesmanship to the brink Tyrone cannot really complain when an opposition player overreacts. At least the Derry man got enough contact to send him to the ground. Still Tyrone can play football when they want too. Derry also seem to have improved. Should be a cracker in May.

As an Armagh man I have to say the Athletic Grounds has a great atmosphere and there have been a number of exciting games there in the last while.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on January 24, 2016, 07:46:35 PM

Agree totally. As the rules stand I feel the referee got the cards right in this incident. For a team that takes gamesmanship to the brink Tyrone cannot really complain when an opposition player overreacts. At least the Derry man got enough contact to send him to the ground. Still Tyrone can play football when they want too. Derry also seem to have improved. Should be a cracker in May.

As an Armagh man I have to say the Athletic Grounds has a great atmosphere and there have been a number of exciting games there in the last while.

No ruckus would have started if the Derry man hadn't feigned being hit in the face.

red hander

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 07:44:53 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 24, 2016, 07:18:58 PM

Right, I'm assuming Sam Neill and Sammy Brush are two; haven't a notion who the third might be.

Fixed that for ya

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 07:48:31 PM

No ruckus would have started if the Derry man hadn't feigned being hit in the face.

Watch it again. The video clearly shows mcnamee pushing/striking him firmly in the throat/chin area. Mcnamee was lucky to escape with only a yellow card. Mccarron was possibly a bit unlucky in this instance as he only seems to push barton in the chest.

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 07:48:31 PM

Some twits among the bushes. No ruckus would have started if the ref hadn't thrown the ball in. No ruckus would have started if Michael Cusack hadn't founded the GAA. No ruckus would have started if they'd left Loughinsholin in county Tyrone in 1613.

The lack of self-awareness on this thread from the Tyrone folk is unreal. No wonder Omagh CBS has given up the ghost.