McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 12:01:05 AM
You c***ts know all about lying down to get people sent off, bit of a wee speciality in Tyrone

Is that banjo playing i hear in the background again......and your point is of course that every county have players who simulate to get players sent of and derry have a manager who leads by example fair point.

Wildweasel74

Don't think we too worried about the mckenna cup but Tyrone drive for 5 will keep Mickey in a job another year

Champion The Wonder Horse

Thoroughly enjoyable game. Should have closed it out with six minutes left. Ref shocking.

A hint of panic from the sizeable contingent from among the bushes; first time I've noticed that in fifteen years.

Still fancy Tyrone for Ulster and they must be short odds to face Dublin in September.

Gaffer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 12:01:05 AM
You c***ts know all about lying down to get people sent off, bit of a wee speciality in Tyrone

Sore loser !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 12:06:39 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable game. Should have closed it out with six minutes left. Ref shocking.

A hint of panic from the sizeable contingent from among the bushes; first time I've noticed that in fifteen years.

Still fancy Tyrone for Ulster and they must be short odds to face Dublin in September.

Can't see how the ref harmed Derry's chances. If anything the double dive (Barton and mate) late on in the second half tainted the game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

I have to say that there seems to be an unwarranted dislike of Barton by the Tyrone men. I'm not really sure why this should be, but it seems to go back to his playing career, judging by the comments of those around me tonight. Amazing how quickly he was done during the row also, a hint of premeditation?

ONeill

Quote from: SkillfulBill on January 23, 2016, 10:19:29 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 23, 2016, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on January 23, 2016, 09:59:22 PM
Congratulations to the inbreeds a draw at fulltime v 13 tyronemen big improvement from 95.
Nothing better than beating our inbreed cousins from across the sperrins Tir Eoghain Abu

You're so inbred you cant't even spell inbred.

I think if you consult you will find inbreed to be the past participant on inbred and grammatically correct in the context you individual inbreed.

I want to support you but....

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 12:11:58 AM

Can't see how the ref harmed Derry's chances. If anything the double dive (Barton and mate) late on in the second half tainted the game.

I didn't say that he did. I said he was shocking, which he was. But he was well on top of the diving, correctly pulling Tyrone men on two separate occasions.

Gaffer

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 12:17:02 AM

I didn't say that he did. I said he was shocking, which he was. But he was well on top of the diving, correctly pulling Tyrone men on two separate occasions.

And what was he like for the Derry diving?

Gaffer

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 12:14:33 AM
I have to say that there seems to be an unwarranted dislike of Barton by the Tyrone men. I'm not really sure why this should be, but it seems to go back to his playing career, judging by the comments of those around me tonight. Amazing how quickly he was done during the row also, a hint of premeditation?

Sure he wasn't even liked in Derry!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Gaffer on January 24, 2016, 12:19:14 AM

Sssh!!! Derry men are too big and strong to dive!!!!

Quote from: Gaffer on January 24, 2016, 12:19:14 AM

I'm confident if there had been any, he would have called it correctly. A hypothetical question, if ever there was one.

ONeill

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 12:28:13 AM
Dunno if I'll ever get over this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HbynMBoXo

Indeed, an event surpassed only once since then; when we won the McKenna Cup the following year.

Wildweasel74

Another one left behind but i suppose it doesn't really matter, be more worried about he injury to Lynn, thought that tackle was an open foul as he was shooting, probably tore up the knee ligaments. Derry played rightly at times in spells as did Tyrone, couldn't see much of the big ho ha down in the corner.

biggest worry about the game is the amount of cards refs are giving out, maybe some tackles, fouls the ref was brandishing yellows when a free was enough. There is a drop definite in physicality from the 90`s, shoulder to shoulder tackles or hard hits are nearly yellow cards all the time now or blown for a foul, half them wouldn't been given years ago. The change to a side to side tackle has never really been defined by refs. Lads may do more weights now and are fitter but football was harder years back