McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 10, 2016, 10:41:33 PM
Whilst Tyrone we're 9 points down at half time, they were shortly before it.  Humiliating for Derry to lose a home game when 9 points up.  Great stuff! :)

Think it was 2-4 to 0-1 at that point. 1-15 to 2-2 thereafter. 4 goals though, that will need a bit of attention ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: lenny on January 10, 2016, 09:10:47 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 10, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
That was a joke of a decision for the first penalty, great save at the feet of the Derry man. Good to get another result over our northern 'friends' even though it was a Mickey mouse game. Nine points down at half time and to come back (especially conceding a goal so late) was satisfying. Double figure wides and conceding four goals need to be ironed out. Very young team out again so happy to see a bit of fighting spirit.

2.4 to 1.5 at ht so I make that 2 points in it. First penalty was completely justified and a correct call.

You know what I mean!

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on January 10, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
Erm, lads, remember Armagh 2014. Keep yer powder dry for a while.

We're only trying get a rise from the Derry wans. Not a bite though. Is there a sports psychologist advising the Derry posters on here.

Throw ball

Quote from: redcard on January 10, 2016, 11:07:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 10, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
Erm, lads, remember Armagh 2014. Keep yer powder dry for a while.

We're only trying get a rise from the Derry wans. Not a bite though. Is there a sports psychologist advising the Derry posters on here.

Joe Brolly got speaking to his cousin Brian on the 'qt' and got him in touch with the best one about.

JoG2

for the 50 travelling, the Derry v Queens match is now being played @ Celtic Pk tomorrow night, throw in 8pm

Any craic

Here's the video of the goals from Omagh tonight, just click on the link and the video is at the top of the page.. http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/01/13/news/live-updates-as-tyrone-take-on-antrim-in-healy-park-381561/?param=ds441rif44T

omaghjoe

Great pass in the move for the first goal from Bradley. McNulty a proper option at FF? League will give a better answer to that I suppose

Tidy score from young Brennan tho he was lucky to get away with the steps at the start

redhandefender

I said last year and people scoffed when I said brennan is ready to go now over Mc Curry or Mc Caliskey! People saying they were miles ahead. He is the real deal and nothing seems to faze him!

Mc Nulty's game is to run so think full forward not the place for him. Although would still like an alternative to mc caliskey in there, he is to hit and miss

nrico2006

I didn't scoff because he is what we need and we need more of it.  My biggest criticism of the Tyrone full forward line the past few years has been their inability of getting the ball, turning and going for goal.  Brennan will do that and hopefully we get some other players at it as well.  Recycling the ball from FF to on running players is well and good but you have to have more than that up your sleeve.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

FermGael

Impressive enough win by Fermanagh last night considering the team we had on.
Probably the strongest team we have played this year but still quite a few men to come back.
Pete really has used the McKenna cup very well this year again and has found a few good young players in McGovern, Hanna and Conal Jones who seems to be kicking on after a good year with Derrygonnelly. Good to see our panel depth increasing.

Sunday will tell the tale as we try and stop Tyrone's Drive for 5.

Coin toss this morning for venue.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

No coin toss.

Game is in Clones.

Derry and Cavan is in Armagh
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

redhandefender

Quote from: FermGael on January 14, 2016, 11:17:27 AM
No coin toss.

Game is in Clones.

Derry and Cavan is in Armagh

What in the name of God, Clones? Have it in Enniskillen for gods sake, such a trek in this weather

everymanaman

On reflection from last night's game, Brennan and Mc Geary certainly don't look out of place on the county set-up. Have to say though, that Antrim were possibly the worst county team I have seen in almost 40 years of watching inter-county football.

Catch and Kick

Quote from: everymanaman on January 14, 2016, 01:54:35 PM
On reflection from last night's game, Brennan and Mc Geary certainly don't look out of place on the county set-up. Have to say though, that Antrim were possibly the worst county team I have seen in almost 40 years of watching inter-county football.

If they were that bad how come ye could only score 2-9?? Let see honest the first goal was rather fortunate.

StGallsGAA

QuoteOn reflection from last night's game, Brennan and Mc Geary certainly don't look out of place on the county set-up. Have to say though, that Antrim were possibly the worst county team I have seen in almost 40 years of watching inter-county football.

You've not seen Armagh under McGeeney then I take it?