McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue in hope

A night out in Cavan abused a taxi driver and ended up been taken to the Gardai.

Bingo

Quote from: Blue in hope on February 18, 2015, 02:27:17 PM
A night out in Cavan abused a taxi driver and ended up been taken to the Gardai.

Never seen that, any links.

I know they had last weekend off as such.

never kickt a ball

Groups for 2016

Section A: Queens, Derry, Tyrone, Antrim
Section B: St Marys, Donegal, Fermanagh, Down
Section C: Ulster University, Cavan, Armagh, Monaghan

Semi Finals:
Section B Winner v Section A Winner
Best Runner-Up v Section C Winner

omagh_gael

Any word on the dates for these games?

Edit: just found a link, starts this Sunday.

http://ulster.gaa.ie/mckennacup2016/

J70

Tyrone going for five in a row? :)

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2015, 12:51:07 PM

Probably will do. Strange that they never transferred their McKenna success into Ulster c'ship success.

They've probably won 10 under Harte, yet only 4 Ulsters. It's like other counties take the Ulster c'ship more seriously than the McKenna or something.

ONeill

Quote from: BennyCake on December 27, 2015, 06:23:05 PM

Probably will do. Strange that they never transferred their McKenna success into Ulster c'ship success.

They've probably won 10 under Harte, yet only 4 Ulsters. It's like other counties take the Ulster c'ship more seriously than the McKenna or something.

Ye know what, you're so full of shite it's unbelievable.  If you played for Armagh then fair f**ks to you but frankly I think you're a wannabe who lives a sad life behind an online pseudonym who never fulfilled his football ambition as he was the skinny speccy kid who was always picked last and played only if his mammy remembered to pack his inhaler in his kit bag.  You are a parody of yourself living on other peoples' glory and harking back to 'glory days' that probably never even happened.  The only McKenna Cup glory you probably ever experienced was when you were trying to pick up the courage to ask the fat girl called McKenna to your Debs and then were elated when she said she would go!  Or maybe when you wrapped up your first dirty picture of Mary McKenna in a copy of Ireland's Own in your nan's house!  You're full of it!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

redzone

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

Ye know what, you're so full of shite it's unbelievable.  If you played for Armagh then fair f**ks to you but frankly I think you're a wannabe who lives a sad life behind an online pseudonym who never fulfilled his football ambition as he was the skinny speccy kid who was always picked last and played only if his mammy remembered to pack his inhaler in his kit bag.  You are a parody of yourself living on other peoples' glory and harking back to 'glory days' that probably never even happened.  The only McKenna Cup glory you probably ever experienced was when you were trying to pick up the courage to ask the fat girl called McKenna to your Debs and then were elated when she said she would go!  Or maybe when you wrapped up your first dirty picture of Mary McKenna in a copy of Ireland's Own in your nan's house!  You're full of it!

Brokencrossbar should sue for plagiarism.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

Seriously, what are you smoking, dude?  ;D ;D

Who was it said Tyrone fans werent touchy?

Edit: fair dos. Just seen the other thread. I'm standing by my statement though! ;D

Itchy

Do Armagh TV still stream the Armagh games?

ose 14

theres only one trophy tyrone can win each year and that is the mckenna. sams a pipe dream. ulster looks a minefield as usual and tyrone will probably hope for an extended qualifier run. a trophy however modest keeps the wolves from the door and the mckenna helps to build belief in the squad player that they are useful until the latter stages of the league.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ose 14 on January 01, 2016, 10:23:03 AM
theres only one trophy tyrone can win each year and that is the mckenna. sams a pipe dream. ulster looks a minefield as usual and tyrone will probably hope for an extended qualifier run. a trophy however modest keeps the wolves from the door and the mckenna helps to build belief in the squad player that they are useful until the latter stages of the league.

Good lad, none of this oul positivity on New Years Day.

Based on last years major improvements through the qualifiers and the influx of a number of AI winning U21s, I'm as hopeful as I've been about Tyrone in a good few years and I hope we do win the McKenna Cup, winning is always better than losing. If you aren't at least a bit more positive about Tyrone today, compared to previous years, then I guess you are doomed to a life of criticising and whinging. But I suppose that's what some boys love doing most!
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 01, 2016, 11:10:51 AM

Based on last years major improvements through the qualifiers and the influx of a number of AI winning U21s, I'm as hopeful as I've been about Tyrone in a good few years and I hope we do win the McKenna Cup, winning is always better than losing. If you aren't at least a bit more positive about Tyrone today, compared to previous years, then I guess you are doomed to a life of criticising and whinging. But I suppose that's what some boys love doing most!
"Winning is better than losing" could well be the sports psychology, motivational one liner, that will carry a team like Tyrone to McKenna cup glory,  a motivational line worthy of McNulty himself.
We should not be shy to applaud the rare occasion when a Tyronite  rises above the herd.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 01, 2016, 11:10:51 AM

"Winning is better than losing" could well be the sports psychology, motivational one liner, that will carry a team like Tyrone to McKenna cup glory,  a motivational line worthy of McNulty himself.
We should not be shy to applaud the rare occasion when a Tyronite  rises above the herd.

I have no idea what you are talking about with regards the motivational stuff but to humour you.....it might be a motivational line that can carry a Tyrone team to defeat against a Monaghan team that shit their pants on all Ireland quarter final day......again! Winning AI quarter finals are definitely better than losing them.
That was never a square ball!!