McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Thank you. Comforting to know it's bothering the shit out of apple-chompers to be moved to comment on it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2015, 12:37:14 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 25, 2015, 12:28:18 AM
Four in a row McKenna cups is a truly remarkable achievement for Tyrone, I'm sure their supporters appreciate the true value of this achievement.

Nope, all part of the process, but we may appreciate it in a few years time if we get relegated to Div 3. It does no harm winning games. Your policy of not winning the McKenna cup matches hasn't really paid dividends as you bombed into division 3.

I thought division 3 was a myth.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2015, 12:38:56 AM
Four in a row McKenna cups is a truly remarkable achievement for Tyrone, I'm sure their supporters appreciate the true value of this achievement.

Nope, all part of the process, but we may appreciate it in a few years time if we get relegated to Div 3. It does no harm winning games. Your policy of not winning the McKenna cup matches hasn't really paid dividends as you bombed into division 3.

Ah it's great. People can climb over the fences into games. 1 page double printed programmes and 3 bars of chocolate for a punt. I think the Armaghniac's will love it.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

As an Armagh man am I allowed to say I thought Tyrone played well tonight. Over the 3 games I have seen them play I have been impressed with there midfield. Didn't think there was much wind tonight compared to the last week or so but Tyrone did seem to have it in there favour in the second half when they were playing into the 'scoring goals'. It is also great that they like a bit of the old diving etc - it gives us all a good reason to dislike them. :)

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on January 25, 2015, 01:07:01 AM
As an Armagh man am I allowed to say I thought Tyrone played well tonight. Over the 3 games I have seen them play I have been impressed with there midfield. Didn't think there was much wind tonight compared to the last week or so but Tyrone did seem to have it in there favour in the second half when they were playing into the 'scoring goals'. It is also great that they like a bit of the old diving etc - it gives us all a good reason to dislike them. :)

They're Tyrone. That's reason enough!

north down

Armagh supporters didn't care about the McKenna cup. Makes you wonder why so many turned up at the semi-final. ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: north down on January 25, 2015, 01:10:47 AM
Armagh supporters didn't care about the McKenna cup. Makes you wonder why so many turned up at the semi-final. ;D

Presumably they went to marvel at Tyrone's wonder team on the way to their fantastic four in a row.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

north down

That must be it - they weren't there to marvel at the Armagh skills.

Over the Bar

thebuzz

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2015, 07:39:58 PM
Sidebottom on commentary though:-(
Not sure if it has been noted already but he must have called the McKenna Cup the McRory Cup at least twice.

Over the Bar

QuoteNot sure if it has been noted already but he must have called the McKenna Cup the McRory Cup at least twice.

He's probably getting mixed up with the fact that both are named after great Tyrone Gaels.  Dr McKenna was bishop of Clogher while Cardinal McRory was from Errigal Ciaran which proudly boasts the most living holders of All Ireland SFC Medals in Ulster.  You couldn't throw a shoe down the Main Street  in Ballygawley without hitting a double AI winner! 😄

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2015, 12:38:56 AM

Armagh were very hit and myth in D2 last year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Hit and myth. Yes, their hits were a myth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

Armagh are probably more like Div 4  standard.  Punching above their weight at present.   Have any previous AI winners fallen as far in the decade following their triumph?

naka

Quote from: under the bar on January 25, 2015, 04:06:55 PM
Armagh are probably more like Div 4  standard.  Punching above their weight at present.   Have any previous AI winners fallen as far in the decade following their triumph?
Lol ::)