McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old yeller

Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2015, 12:33:30 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on January 21, 2015, 12:30:57 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 21, 2015, 12:29:10 PM
Any sectarian language needs a huge ban. No matter what was said.

Correct, It says on the bbc website that the Ulster Council are issuing a statement today.

Ulster Council: Sorry folks, we wimped out laying down yet another marker. The aggressor will be free to play the majority of the league and all championship matches. As you were.....
Its bad form of McKiernan to have done it, as someone said before its a brainless act. But lets not get too carried away. To ban him for a year like some have suggested is a bit much but two games seems leniant. What is the rule on this?
How long of a ban did Wylie get for nearly decapatating Martin Reilly? If he only gets two games will it be the Ulster council wimpining out, failing to lay down a marker, as you were?

Fuzzman

Yellowcard, can I challenge you to say one positive thing about Tyrone
You can just tell all the Armagh fans aren't really focusing on the season ahead or winning this cup.
They just see this as another excuse for a scrap. Ye are gas men altogether.

I'm glad to see big Sean at FF again. Is this game on live Armagh TV or just radio?
I must email Off the Ball and ask Woolie and go to discuss it a bit tonight.

What is that next to Sean's left thigh? OMG NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

yellowcard

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 21, 2015, 03:33:14 PM
Firstly do you not think that Geezer is trying to win this game? Surely he is taking it ever bit as serious as Harte considering the team he's named (10+ with Championship experience)
Trying to claim Harte takes it more seriously looks a tad like getting excuses in early in case of a loss considering the team selections.

A truer gauge as to how close both sides are to full strength will become more evident when the first league game starts. I'd say Armagh have about 5 or 6 to come into that side before they are considered to be at full strength, can't speak for Tyrone. McGeeney will want to win this game but I don't think he will lose much sleep if they don't and the performance is decent. I'm not getting any excuses in early as I actually think Armagh will win this game, had they kept the full quota on the last day they would have won it as well. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 21, 2015, 04:04:54 PM
Yellowcard, can I challenge you to say one positive thing about Tyrone
You can just tell all the Armagh fans aren't really focusing on the season ahead or winning this cup.
They just see this as another excuse for a scrap. Ye are gas men altogether.

I'm glad to see big Sean at FF again. Is this game on live Armagh TV or just radio?
I must email Off the Ball and ask Woolie and go to discuss it a bit tonight.

I'm nearly sure its live on Armagh tv, a good way of getting much needed training funds for the senior team off Tyrone fans. Think they charge you a couple of pound if youse can stomach it. However the Armagh camera man has been warned that if there are any rows then the camera will mysteriously malfunction. 

supersarsfields

Tyrone would have the same numbers to come in I would imagine (Possibly more). So therefore both managers are picking relatively the same strength squad. Which would suggest they value it at the same level. Which was the point I was making to begin with.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on January 21, 2015, 03:47:04 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 21, 2015, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 21, 2015, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 12:28:59 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 21, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 09:58:40 AM
I see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

I hope its a good fair and physical (probably get jumped on for using that word) contest and if there are a few minor dust ups then so be it, there will be no crying here. Just hope that the game isn't settled by any controversial free kick incidents involving players doing impersonations of dying swans.

No it doesn't. It shows Harte wants to run the rule over everyone before the football in earnest starts with the NFL, and this might be the last semi-competitive game with which to do that.

It's not like he needs to see O'Neill or Donnelly play to know their capabilities, they will be guaranteed starters in any Tyrone first XV. Just to be clear I have no issue with Harte starting them but with the rules which allow such a situation occur. However it does show how serious Harte is treating this match. Armagh have Aidan Forker and James Morgan available now also from St Marys who will be in the starting team come championship, but McGeeney has opted not to start either of them tonight.

He's made 13 changes. I don't think he's taking it any more serious than any other manager. None of the managers will want to lose the game.

13 changes from what, a nothing game against Antrim? Course he treats it more serious than any other manager, his comments over the years and disputes over availability of college players would tell you as much.

Sorry, just let me get this straight - you are criticising Mickey Harte for naming a strong team and trying to win a game?

This is an odd criticism but coming from a county where the senior championship descends into the farce of a team lining out oul fellas in jeans, talking on their mobile phones, then its hardly surprising.

Yes, because all Armagh senior club teams line out in their jeans  ::)

It just takes one! It must be the attitude in Armagh - don't field a team that looks like you are trying to win competitions or you get ridiculed and sneered at? That would explain the senior championship in Armagh actually!
That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 21, 2015, 03:40:15 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 21, 2015, 03:29:36 PM
What are the teams?

Tyrone

1 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Dwayne Dibbley  – Dwarf Dearg
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
5 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
6 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Conal McCann – Coill an Chlochair
10 – PJ Lavery – Cluain Eo
11 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
12 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach
13 – Shay McGuigan – Ard Bó
14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 – Cathal McShane – E R Uí Néill

when did this guy get a call up?

Fuzzman

Enjoy the game lads
I'll be tuned into Off the ball on Newstalk from 7pm and Armagh TV after 8

Throw ball

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 21, 2015, 06:41:07 PM
Enjoy the game lads
I'll be tuned into Off the ball on Newstalk from 7pm and Armagh TV after 8

Is there a game on? Damn it I thought it was all in wrestling! ;)

omagh_gael

Can you pause Armagh tv and continue watching it at a slightly later time? Considering getting it this evening but need to nip out for half an hour at half 8.

WeeDonns

Has anyone used armagh tv on a tablet before?
I'm logged in at the moment but when I hit play I just get a 2 second clip. Is everyone else getting that?

theticklemister

My Armagh TV has frozen. Do I shut the windy or what

Orior

Quote from: theticklemister on January 21, 2015, 07:53:28 PM
My Armagh TV has frozen. Do I shut the windy or what

Same here. Database error - reboot needed in Armagh
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JP

Mine has frozen as well! Wouldn't close the browser in case you have to pay again.

theticklemister

Mine has frozen. I think Sean Cavanagh maybe has dived on the camera and broke it