McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Armagh TV, do you have to pay for this? Presume so.

bennydorano

St marys game was £3 via Paypal. Great job on a shite night. I'll have to get the arse of the sofa for this one incase there's a Clontibret style invasion by the munchkins.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 21, 2015, 09:04:53 AM
Often the last line in a post shows the poster's true mindset.
So reading between the lines Tonto you expect there to be some controversial incidents that Tyrone MIGHT be complaining about.

See this is the point I am trying to highlight but ye are too blind to see it.
Why can't ye just go out and play football?
Are ye worried your team isn't good enough so you have to bring in this physical stuff.
I think ye have some excellent players and even though I hate the cnut McKeever is a great defender and played well for Int rules team.

It's like most of ye don't even see it yourselves any more. Think ye are the norm and everyone else bar Monaghan are pussies.

Nope. I clearly stated what I want to see happen. Then I added a bit of what I dont want to see. Am I expecting something to happen? It a derby with a lot of history. There has been incidents in the last 2 games so something may happen again, its not illogical to say that is it?
I couldnt care less about everyone else to be honest mate, I only care about Armagh and as I said earlier, I hope we win a good entertaining game of football.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 21, 2015, 09:10:31 AM
From BBC website.

08:34: Ban for sectarian language: BBC Sport NI Cavan midfielder Gearoid McKiernan has been banned for two games after a referee's report said his red card against Monaghan last Sunday was for using "comments of a sectarian nature".

Just right too.

I take it that was directed to one of the Wylie brothers?  They get wile abuse in some games. 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2015, 09:29:41 AM
From BBC website.

08:34: Ban for sectarian language: BBC Sport NI Cavan midfielder Gearoid McKiernan has been banned for two games after a referee's report said his red card against Monaghan last Sunday was for using "comments of a sectarian nature".

Just right too.

I take it that was directed to one of the Wylie brothers?  They get wile abuse in some games. 

2 games?? Absolute joke! should have got a few months at least.

JoG2

From BBC website.

Just right too.

what is it with grown men standing mouthing personal abuse into a mans ear during a match? I would have given McKiernan a minimum 10 game ban, send out a decent message rather than the usual watery bans handed out

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 21, 2015, 09:33:27 AM
From BBC website.

Just right too.

2 games?? Absolute joke! should have got a few months at least.

I would agree,  they need to be seen to be coming down hard on this sort of stuff.  It's important so that we can bring the Prods along on our pathway to peace.

armaghniac

This could be one of Armagh TVs greatest audiences, as a significant number of Tyronies will tune in as well as the regular Armagh viewers. The Internet audience will be increased as Wednesday night won't suit everyone to attend, going to Armagh on a workday evening might not be so convenient if you live in Strabane and work in Derry or live in Forkhill and work in Dublin.  Rainbow would want their tech guys to ensure a smooth broadcast.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2015, 09:34:48 AM
From BBC website.

Just right too.

what is it with grown men standing mouthing personal abuse into a mans ear during a match? I would have given McKiernan a minimum 10 game ban, send out a decent message rather than the usual watery bans handed out

Used to get it all the time about me ma and me sis etc etc.  I often found a sharp elbow to the snout stopped it! ;D

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2015, 09:36:35 AM
From BBC website.

Just right too.

Used to get it all the time about me ma and me sis etc etc.  I often found a sharp elbow to the snout stopped it! ;D

I hear you BC1, but its more often than not the person who finally retaliates to this muck gets carded, and not the instigator

ck

Agree with all of the comments above on that Cavan midfielder McKernan. What an absolute idiot sc**bag. He should have got 6 games minimum so the GAA could send out a clear message that this cant be tolerated. He brings the good name of the GAA down so should have received a proper ban!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2015, 09:41:25 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2015, 09:36:35 AM
From BBC website.

Just right too.

I hear you BC1, but its more often than not the person who finally retaliates to this muck gets carded, and not the instigator

I don't think your ever gona eradicate sledging but sectarian/racist/homophobic abuse should be hit with a hefty suspension. The treatment of young Cunningham from Crossmaglen was a disgrace.

yellowcard

I see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

I hope its a good fair and physical (probably get jumped on for using that word) contest and if there are a few minor dust ups then so be it, there will be no crying here. Just hope that the game isn't settled by any controversial free kick incidents involving players doing impersonations of dying swans.

FarneyMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 19, 2015, 11:38:14 AM
There was no mention of this in any match report or commentary afterwards. How did it get into the stands nearly before the game ended. Farneyman - you are accusing a young man of something and you have no evidence, I suggest you stop now. It could just be someone assumed he said something sectarian. For all you know he could have insulted his mother or his hair style. If something like this genuinely happened Monaghan should report it through the correct channels. Until then you should desist from these accusations.

Agree with the above posters, 2 game ban a bit of a joke, should have sent a stronger message that this kind of abuse wont be tolerated....

mylestheslasher, had plenty to say on the issue earlier this week.......any comment now!?

phpearse

QuoteI see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

Did the Ulster Council not relax the rule to say that uni players could then play for their county in a semi final or final if the uni team was not involved.