McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I was only trying to talk Armagh supporters language.

You need more work on this, maybe go to a summer school.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

If Tyrone win tomorrow night final is in Armagh v Cavan/fermanagh
if Cavan win and Armagh win, final is in Breffni, Cavan won toss of coin
If Fermanagh and Armagh win, final is Armagh

Lot of permutations, final on Saturday.

LurganHoop

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 20, 2015, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: LurganHoop on January 20, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 20, 2015, 09:09:04 PM
Some nonsense from a few Armagh fans in recent weeks. The stuff about cavanagh being intimidated by mckeever is ridiculous.

Cavanagh goes out on the field to play football, that's what he's there for. Over the years he has taken every challenge that comes at him and played away being one of the most influential players. You'll also see him putting in plenty of big hits of his own. He has no problem going for 50 50 hits and can compete with the best in them. Ask Francie bellew or flick on the 05 semi and see it yourself if you doubt his physicality.

He tries to avoid fusty cuffs and wrestling matches as it'll do him and his team no good. Some people try to make that out to be yellow or soft, whereas in reality he just has a bit of sense.

I am expecting quite a physical game tomorrow night. Armagh are adopting quite a physical approach and tyrone are out to prove they won't lie down to it. No matter what anyone says on here both teams will be trying to win it. Should be good entertainment for January.

I couldn't agree more about cavanagh...he obviously can take care of himself and I was trying to make this exact point on this thread a week or so ago in the aftermath of the first game. There has also been plenty of nonsense about Armagh engineering fights in order to gain an advantage over the last year.

While I don't read every post on this I haven't seen too many Armagh fans claiming that McKeever can intimidate cavanagh. Bottom line is though that you can always expect your top players to receive a bit of treatment. I don't know many fans who don't like seeing their own players give a few borderline hits on opposition players also.

When I read crap like "cavanagh would carry the head off McKeever"...well I just hope the lad is on the wind up because that's just embarrassing for him.

As I said before your were right its relevant as neither party are interesting in boxing

Sean is interesting in playing football and McKeever is interested in trying to take him out of the game by hitting him when he is vulnerable

I was only trying to talk Armagh supporters language. That's how your messiah thinks after all surely he couldn't be wrong could he?

Anybody able to make sense of this ramble??

omaghjoe

Quote from: armaghniac on January 20, 2015, 11:05:56 PM
I was only trying to talk Armagh supporters language.

You need more work on this, maybe go to a summer school.

What does that entail:

A fortnight of drinking BUckie in the middle of a Craigavon roundabout

Followed by a week of smuggling cattle around Slieve Gullion keeping while keeping an eye out for Wullie Fraiser

and finished off with a few days stealing rotten apples around Loughgall to sell to gullible whores up in Tyrone

Should do the trick what ye think?

Agent Orange

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 20, 2015, 11:23:53 PM
and finished off with a few days stealing rotten apples around Loughgall to sell to gullible whores up in Tyrone

You're going to need a lot of apples.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 20, 2015, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 20, 2015, 11:23:53 PM

You're going to need a lot of apples.

LOL ye have me there

Speaking of alot of apples, I used to work for a guy who serviced lorries that done a run of apples from Armagh down to Clonmel for Bulmers.
The guy that owned the lorry also done a number spreading lime on fields. So one week the trailers would be full of lime and the next week apples all destined for your cider.

So if your ever wondering where the heart burn is coming from next time ye have a Magners/Bulmers now ye know ;-)

Fuzzman

Just curious.
How many of ye would like to see Armagh keep all 15 on 2moro night and go on to win the McKenna cup or would ye rather see a good skelping match with Cavanagh bros decapitated?
Important to think of her readers when posing such questions.

Agent Orange

Decapitating the uglier Cavanagh wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He has some coupon on him.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 21, 2015, 12:16:46 AM
Decapitating the uglier Cavanagh wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He has some coupon on him.

Ahh come on now even during the worst days between Tyrone and Armagh the head on Malachy O'Rourke was considered outta bounds

BennyHarp

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 21, 2015, 12:29:39 AM
Quote from: Agent Orange on January 21, 2015, 12:16:46 AM

Ahh come on now even during the worst days between Tyrone and Armagh the head on Malachy O'Rourke was considered outta bounds

Poor oul Malachy, minding his own business managing Monaghan and he gets bought into the Armagh v Tyrone slanging match.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Armagh v Tyrone party tonight in my gaff via Armagh TV linked to TV.  I can't believe the McKenna cup has brought such a following for it.

Up Armagh anocht!!!!!

We are doing a sweepstake on the amount of times Cavanagh falls. I'm going for 16, feel confident. 

tonto1888

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 20, 2015, 09:09:04 PM
Some nonsense from a few Armagh fans in recent weeks. The stuff about cavanagh being intimidated by mckeever is ridiculous.

Cavanagh goes out on the field to play football, that's what he's there for. Over the years he has taken every challenge that comes at him and played away being one of the most influential players. You'll also see him putting in plenty of big hits of his own. He has no problem going for 50 50 hits and can compete with the best in them. Ask Francie bellew or flick on the 05 semi and see it yourself if you doubt his physicality.

He tries to avoid fusty cuffs and wrestling matches as it'll do him and his team no good. Some people try to make that out to be yellow or soft, whereas in reality he just has a bit of sense.

I am expecting quite a physical game tomorrow night. Armagh are adopting quite a physical approach and tyrone are out to prove they won't lie down to it. No matter what anyone says on here both teams will be trying to win it. Should be good entertainment for January.

all this is true and it makes it even more frustrating when he does take a tumble after hardly being touched. Now, this doesnt happen all the time but it does happen.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 21, 2015, 12:04:42 AM
Just curious.
How many of ye would like to see Armagh keep all 15 on 2moro night and go on to win the McKenna cup or would ye rather see a good skelping match with Cavanagh bros decapitated?
Important to think of her readers when posing such questions.

I want to see a good game with neither side taking a backward step. Some big, fair hits, and plenty of good football on display. I want Armagh to win and the game to end with 30 players on the pitch. Most of all, whatever happens I hope we dont see people going crying to the press.

Fuzzman

Often the last line in a post shows the poster's true mindset.
So reading between the lines Tonto you expect there to be some controversial incidents that Tyrone MIGHT be complaining about.

See this is the point I am trying to highlight but ye are too blind to see it.
Why can't ye just go out and play football?
Are ye worried your team isn't good enough so you have to bring in this physical stuff.
I think ye have some excellent players and even though I hate the cnut McKeever is a great defender and played well for Int rules team.

It's like most of ye don't even see it yourselves any more. Think ye are the norm and everyone else bar Monaghan are pussies.

Champion The Wonder Horse

From BBC website.

08:34: Ban for sectarian language: BBC Sport NI Cavan midfielder Gearoid McKiernan has been banned for two games after a referee's report said his red card against Monaghan last Sunday was for using "comments of a sectarian nature".

Just right too.