McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: LurganHoop on January 20, 2015, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 20, 2015, 04:49:26 PM
Quote from: LurganHoop on January 20, 2015, 04:37:36 PM
omaghjoe...has it gotten to the stage where you actually want to argue about who would win in a fight?! Playground stuff pal. Grow up.

Hmmm....I seem to remember someone's repsone to cheap shots as

"If you want to box we'll box"

I was only offering the perspective of your messiah.  ;D

But your right its not relevant in this case as neither want to box. Sean wants to play football and the bar stool hardman wants to try and take him out of it when he's vulnerable

So  you're now saying you want to box as opposed to playing football?

No I am not saying that. Have a read of my post, I clearly stated that I was only offering your Messiah's perspective

Sure you're  sorted either way considering big Sean would carry the head off any poor soul who tries to take him on...

Considering Sean can play football and is usually the most talented player on the pitch he his more useful on the field, I don't think he is likely to do this.
Considering McKeever cant play football his most useful function is taking other players out I think he is most likely to continue in this vain

On the  "let's box" issue...I'm sure more than a few Tyrone people would have preferred that attitude  when Philip Jordan was clothes lined during  the  previous  IR test.

NO we would have preferred for the Aussies to play within the rules  TBH

And vulnerable....hardly! It's not like he dropped a  cowardly knee on him when cavanagh was on the ground...

I count running full tilt and smashing an elbow into someones face when they cant see you coming as being fairly vulnerable. Maybe you don't that's fine everyone's perspective is skewed after a few buckies

ONeill

Heard Cavanagh is taking bets on what minute he'll get McKeever sent off. New sport.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Yeah lettuce do a fiver sweepstake.
I'll go for 29th min
Oh sorry that's right
McGeeney won't play his best team for this tin cup game.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 20, 2015, 07:16:14 PM
Yeah lettuce do a fiver sweepstake.
I'll go for 29th min
Oh sorry that's right
McGeeney won't play his best team for this tin cup game.

Nah ye'll be alright.
Armagh's best team will hardly include McKeever ;)

Redhand Santa

Some nonsense from a few Armagh fans in recent weeks. The stuff about cavanagh being intimidated by mckeever is ridiculous.

Cavanagh goes out on the field to play football, that's what he's there for. Over the years he has taken every challenge that comes at him and played away being one of the most influential players. You'll also see him putting in plenty of big hits of his own. He has no problem going for 50 50 hits and can compete with the best in them. Ask Francie bellew or flick on the 05 semi and see it yourself if you doubt his physicality.

He tries to avoid fusty cuffs and wrestling matches as it'll do him and his team no good. Some people try to make that out to be yellow or soft, whereas in reality he just has a bit of sense.

I am expecting quite a physical game tomorrow night. Armagh are adopting quite a physical approach and tyrone are out to prove they won't lie down to it. No matter what anyone says on here both teams will be trying to win it. Should be good entertainment for January.

Redhand Santa

Strange enough tyrone team named. Wasn't sure if Conal McCann was still involved so interesting to see him named midfield. Mattie donnelly at 6, really think he's needed in the forwards this year. 3 clonoe men starting, Harte must be coming round to them.

omaghjoe

There haas been a couple of things i have decried big Sean for over the years for things like:
Fielding ability- very mediocre
Tracking Back - improved at this over the years
Apathy - Some games he seemed like he just didn't care, althought in big games he never went missing.

Being yella was never one of them he took on big men fairly and squarely and frequently came out on top

Then McKeever blindsides him during a scuffle and suddenly Cavanagh is seen a chicken... WTF

McKeever never goes near big Sean during normal play as he knows he will either get floored or end up chasing shadows.

Redhand Santa

People on here have been going on about Tyrone taking this more seriously and putting out stronger teams. Tomorrow night I think 8 of the tyrone team have yet to start a senior championship match. Looking at the Armagh team I think 12 or 13 would have started championship games.

With home advantage and experienced team out they are a good price but would still be hopeful of a tyrone win.

BennyCake

What's the story regarding tickets for tomorrow? Do you have to buy them from Supervalu or can you pay at the gate?

ONeill

I think Armagh will hammer us. We barely bate them when they had 12 men.

14 man Armagh 5-16
Tyrone 0-10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

I know it hardly matters but just out of interest, how come this game is back in Armagh after Tyrone won all their group games and already went to the Athletic Grounds earlier in the competition.
That was never a square ball!!

LurganHoop

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 20, 2015, 09:09:04 PM
Some nonsense from a few Armagh fans in recent weeks. The stuff about cavanagh being intimidated by mckeever is ridiculous.

Cavanagh goes out on the field to play football, that's what he's there for. Over the years he has taken every challenge that comes at him and played away being one of the most influential players. You'll also see him putting in plenty of big hits of his own. He has no problem going for 50 50 hits and can compete with the best in them. Ask Francie bellew or flick on the 05 semi and see it yourself if you doubt his physicality.

He tries to avoid fusty cuffs and wrestling matches as it'll do him and his team no good. Some people try to make that out to be yellow or soft, whereas in reality he just has a bit of sense.

I am expecting quite a physical game tomorrow night. Armagh are adopting quite a physical approach and tyrone are out to prove they won't lie down to it. No matter what anyone says on here both teams will be trying to win it. Should be good entertainment for January.

I couldn't agree more about cavanagh...he obviously can take care of himself and I was trying to make this exact point on this thread a week or so ago in the aftermath of the first game. There has also been plenty of nonsense about Armagh engineering fights in order to gain an advantage over the last year.

While I don't read every post on this I haven't seen too many Armagh fans claiming that McKeever can intimidate cavanagh. Bottom line is though that you can always expect your top players to receive a bit of treatment. I don't know many fans who don't like seeing their own players give a few borderline hits on opposition players also.

When I read crap like "cavanagh would carry the head off McKeever"...well I just hope the lad is on the wind up because that's just embarrassing for him.

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 20, 2015, 10:39:33 PM
I know it hardly matters but just out of interest, how come this game is back in Armagh after Tyrone won all their group games and already went to the Athletic Grounds earlier in the competition.

Armagh won the toss. As did Cavan.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on January 20, 2015, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 20, 2015, 10:39:33 PM

Armagh won the toss. As did Cavan.

Fair enough. Cheers
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: LurganHoop on January 20, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 20, 2015, 09:09:04 PM

I couldn't agree more about cavanagh...he obviously can take care of himself and I was trying to make this exact point on this thread a week or so ago in the aftermath of the first game. There has also been plenty of nonsense about Armagh engineering fights in order to gain an advantage over the last year.

While I don't read every post on this I haven't seen too many Armagh fans claiming that McKeever can intimidate cavanagh. Bottom line is though that you can always expect your top players to receive a bit of treatment. I don't know many fans who don't like seeing their own players give a few borderline hits on opposition players also.

When I read crap like "cavanagh would carry the head off McKeever"...well I just hope the lad is on the wind up because that's just embarrassing for him.

As I said before your were right its relevant as neither party are interesting in boxing

Sean is interesting in playing football and McKeever is interested in trying to take him out of the game by hitting him when he is vulnerable

I was only trying to talk Armagh supporters language. That's how your messiah thinks after all surely he couldn't be wrong could he?