McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Can yis stop using yis please ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
As I said ye all think its OK to give someone a "fair" punch to the Jaw

Yis are gas. So you're saying because some Tyrone players have done similar (or worse) acts then we lose our rights to comment?
Interesting. I thought it was a discussion board where there is freedom of speech but looks like you Armagh lads are making up your own rules again.

At least yis are kinda admitting that its OK to bully lads with physicality and the odd punch. Thankfully we've never seen an Armagh man dive or try to win a soft free. Yis have a clear conscious there I suppose

I didn't say it was ok to swing a punch. I said I'd think more of a player than one who used sneaky backhanded antics.

You sound like the Dublin journos who tarnished Armagh's reputation in the last decade. The sad thing was, it worked. And it's working again, McKeevers red card verifies that.

armaghniac

It was posted on ArmaghGAA and Twitter that this would be streamed on Armagh TV, but these posts have no disappeared. It would be a pity if this means it will not be covered, Wednesday night is not ideal for a lot of supporters who might be there if it were Sunday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Think Armagh will be resting a lot of players for this game but not so sure if Tyrone will do the same given Hartes love affair with the McKenna cup and his desire to win 4 in a row. A trophy is a trophy even if it is a tin pot and I suppose the fact that they refuse to play challenge matches will force his hand. He has stated that he may even play Donnelly and O'Neill even though they played for UUJ already in the same competition, but it will make a total mockery if that is the case. Just hope that Geezer selects McKeever to put some manners on Cavanagh again but from what I can gather he won't be playing in this match along with a host of others.   

Fuzzman

Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2015, 11:46:19 AM
Really hope that McKeever doesn't start picking on Cavanagh again this time, we need him on the field if we are to have a chance of winning the game

But then...
Just hope that Geezer selects McKeever to put some manners on Cavanagh again

tonto1888

Have to admit I love reading the banter between us and the Tyrone ones. Reminds me of being at home
#Lurganmaninmanchester

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 20, 2015, 10:20:19 AM
Really hope that McKeever doesn't start picking on Cavanagh again this time, we need him on the field if we are to have a chance of winning the game

But then...

Just to clarify (the first post had a hint of sarcasm which isn't easily translated when put in writing) I hope he picks on him but is subtle enough not to get caught like the last time (even if it was handbags). If you look at Cavanaghs face when McKeever grabbed him he was like a scared rabbit, he is easily cowed by McKeever and will not want to come up against him.

ck

Quote from: yellowcard on January 20, 2015, 11:03:11 AM

But then...

Just to clarify (the first post had a hint of sarcasm which isn't easily translated when put in writing) I hope he picks on him but is subtle enough not to get caught like the last time (even if it was handbags). If you look at Cavanaghs face when McKeever grabbed him he was like a scared rabbit, he is easily cowed by McKeever and will not want to come up against him.

Typical Armagh attitude concentrating on intimidation. No wonder your games end in brawls!
Just play football lads and stop talking tripe about your bully boy tactics. I'd have thought Armagh were above all that and it would be only the likes of Div.3 teams who would be resorting to such a thing,, oh hold on

yellowcard

Quote from: ck on January 20, 2015, 11:14:15 AM

But then...

Typical Armagh attitude concentrating on intimidation. No wonder your games end in brawls!
Just play football lads and stop talking tripe about your bully boy tactics. I'd have thought Armagh were above all that and it would be only the likes of Div.3 teams who would be resorting to such a thing,, oh hold on

Cavanagh is about 6'3 and 15 stone so you would think he should be well fit to take care of himself, so get away with this nonsense about intimidating him. If you want a non contact sport with no physicality then go to the theatre or watch a bit of ballet. Anyone who is being honest enjoys the physical approach and needle that a local rivalry creates, you give and you take. Of course you will have the pc brigade up on their soap box chanting 'down with that sort of thing' but those pundits are more concerned with their own media profiles than 'the poor children'. 

Muzz

Quote from: yellowcard on January 20, 2015, 11:26:58 AM

But then...

Cavanagh is about 6'3 and 15 stone so you would think he should be well fit to take care of himself, so get away with this nonsense about intimidating him. If you want a non contact sport with no physicality then go to the theatre or watch a bit of ballet. Anyone who is being honest enjoys the physical approach and needle that a local rivalry creates, you give and you take. Of course you will have the pc brigade up on their soap box chanting 'down with that sort of thing' but those pundits are more concerned with their own media profiles than 'the poor children'.

Since when did the theatre and ballet come under the banner of a non contact sport?

yellowcard

Quote from: Muzz on January 20, 2015, 12:35:41 PM

But then...

Since when did the theatre and ballet come under the banner of a non contact sport?

Saying as the only thing you picked up on was the semantics, then I presume you have no issue with the actual point which is that a bit of physicality in the game should be embraced and not frowned upon in the manner of a pc junkie. Or maybe your just that petty that you have nothing else to contribute.

BennyCake

But then...

It's tyrone fans who are battering on about Armagh's so called bully boy tactics, not Armagh fans.

As for matches ending in brawls. That's incorrect. The Cavan match started with a brawl  ;D

Fuzzman

Yellow,
Simple question for you.
Could you rank what YOU think are the most physically imposing counties in Ulster?

Why do you think teams like Derry, Antrim, Fermanagh and Down don't seem to put as much emphasis on this side of the game?
Would they benefit more if they did?
Have Donegal upped the physicality levels on the past three years?

IMHO you're contradicting yourself on this thread as I think you'd love to see Big Sean get a damn good hiding as he deserves but not to get caught doing it and be man down.

It's good to be back down at Armaghs level, just for the banter.

BennyHarp

But then...

So if he was 4ft 10" and 10 stone you'd agree that he he was being intimidated? Just so we are all clear, what is the size and weight threshold that makes a player fair game?

The physical approach that you yearn for is players hitting each other hard and fair - Armagh at the minute aren't doing that and are creating a reputation for themselves as being a very over physical team which push the rules to the limit and beyond. Just for the record, I for one don't want to see scuffles break out during matches, less so during the parade - if you want that sort of think go watch MMA or UFC, or better still go and watch Armagh train.
That was never a square ball!!