McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

martin penrose was a good tackler imo

Orior

Quote from: Jinxy on January 08, 2015, 10:32:53 PM
I'd say McGeeney is teaching the lads all sorts of mma tricks.
How to kill a man without touching him etc.

Did McGeeny actually say "the pen is mightier than the sword"?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Quote from: ck on January 09, 2015, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2015, 12:03:06 PM
Quote from: our_fella on January 09, 2015, 11:42:30 AM
Clarke @ #7? McGeeney did say he wants Clarke to appreciate what its like further out the field and experience how the ball gets played into him. Interesting

no harm to McGeeney but that is one the most ridiculous things / ideas I've heard a manager say / implement. Playing Clarke in a defensive / providing role, especially as he'll, 100% be playing as a forward come championship time is a waste of time. A halfback with the strength and skills to tackle and win turn over ball, as well as reading the situation as an attack starts  surely merits game time in this position in the lead up to the league. Its actually more mad than Harte playing Penrose as a defender for 5 (maybe more) odd years...the mind blows!

Maybe that's why your not a manager or coach?

no.....Armaghs 1 rolls royce forward being played in defence. Shouldnt be asking me about my managerial credentails, ask McGeeney

Skeog, Penrose blindly slapped at the ball using alternative hands as quick as he could ie couldnt tackle for sugar

Orior

Is the Antrim v Armagh match in Toome?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Orior on January 09, 2015, 01:47:45 PM
Is the Antrim v Armagh match in Toome?
Creggan (Randalstown)

Orior

never kickt a ball

Sunday 11th January 2015 @ 2pm in Healy Park, Omagh

Tyrone Team V St Mary's

1 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
5 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
6 – Dwayne Quinn – Cluain Eo
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Cathal McShane – E R Uí Néill
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn
10 – Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
11 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
12 – Plunkett Kane – Oileán a'Ghuail
13 – Patrick Quinn – Dún Geanainn
14 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
15 – Shea McGuigan – Ard Bó
16 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
17 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
18 – Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
19 – Peter Hughes  – Eiscreach
20 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
21 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais
22 – Niall McKenna – An Domhnach Mór
23 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
24 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
25 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
There are 8 changes from the team that started against Armagh.
Michael O'Neill replaces Niall Morgan in goals.
Rory Brennan and Dwayne Quinn replace Tiernan McCann and Ryan McKenna respectively in the Half back line.
Cathal McShane replaces Colm Cavanagh in midfield.
In attack Emmett McKenna, Kyle Coney, Peter Hughes and Sean Cavanagh make way and are replaced by Mark Donnelly, Plunkett Kane, Patrick Quinn and Connor McAliskey.
After making their debuts as subs last Sunday Rory Brennan, Dwayne Quinn and Cathal McShane make their first starts for Tyrone.

Wildweasel74

Creggan, G it can hold nothing

never kickt a ball

McKenna Cup: Cavan 0-10 1-08 Ulster University
Ulster University recorded a surprise one-point victory over Cavan in the McKenna Cup on Saturday to boost their chances of a place in the semi-finals.
Mayo forward Cillian O'Connor was named man of the match after hitting 1-4 including a penalty in the 16th minute.
The students did the damage in the first half of the Section A match, reeling off 1-5 without reply.
UU play Down in their final group game on Wednesday night while Cavan will be at home to Monaghan.
In their opening fixture last weekend, the university side lost out to Monaghan 0-20 to 2-10.
In Saturday's game at Breffni Park, Gearoid McKiernan and Jack Brady gave Cavan an early lead before the students went on a scoring spree, hitting an unanswered 1-5 in a 13-minute spell.
Tyrone star Ronan O'Neill landed two points, with former Tyrone minor Frank Burns also on the scoresheet in the first quarter as UU went 0-4 to 0-2 ahead.
O'Connor converted a penalty for UU in the 16th minute and then tagged on a free as the students coasted to a 1-5 to 0-2 lead after 19 minutes.
Frees from Enda and Martin Reilly stopped the rot for Cavan, but a Liam Gervin point gave UU a 1-6 to 0-5 lead at half-time.
Enda and Martin Reilly's accuracy from placed balls reduced UU's advantage to a single point before Cillian O'Connor's free settled the students midway through the second half.
With the snow beginning to fall, Martin Reilly and Jack Brady converted frees to bring Cavan to within a point, 1-8 to 0-10, with four minutes remaining.
However, the students held on to put themselves in contention for a last four place.
Cavan: J Farrelly; J Hayes, R Dunne, J McLoughlin; D McVeety, D O'Reilly, P Smith; G McKiernan (0-1), K Clarke; E Hessin, B Reilly, M Reilly (0-4, 3f, one '45'); R Flanagan, E Reilly (0-3, 1f), J Brady (0-2, 2f) Subs: N Murray for B Reilly (HT), J Morris for O'Reilly (36), P Tinnelly for Smith (59), D Wright for Clarke (64)
UU: J Hughes; K Brady, R Johnston, D McNally; B Sankey, M Donnelly, C Harkin; C Mooney, N McKeever; F Burns (0-1), C O'Boyle, R Donnelly; L Gervin (0-1), R O'Neill (0-2), C O'Connor (1-4, pen, 4f) Subs: R McCaughey for D McNally (51)
Referee: N Cullen (Fermanagh)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/30764706?print=true

Wildweasel

Get a nosey over to enniskillen the mor, any decent pubs near the pitch

FermGael

There is a club house in the grounds of Brewster
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Wildweasel74

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2015, 10:34:47 AM
that do, thanks

looks ye were caught using two different accounts weasel!!!

drici

thebuzz

Quote from: theticklemister on January 11, 2015, 11:55:08 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2015, 10:34:47 AM

that do, thanks

looks ye were caught using two different accounts weasel!!!

Well it's not exactly like he was trying to hide his identity at the same time  :)