McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Think tickle you picked that team on how those players turned out, J bradley as massive for UUJ that yr and big Lynch was up front

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 07, 2015, 09:41:21 PM
Think tickle you picked that team on two those players turned out, J bradley as massive for UUJ that yr and big Lynch was up front

didnt make ye out there, ye mean i picked them on how they turned out after univeristy?? Yeah probably did lad of course. I was coaching the Magee university team in those days so I wasnt at the same unis and didn't see them first hand to be fair.

Go on wildweasel, give us yer 15 lad.

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on January 07, 2015, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 07, 2015, 05:51:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30694797

BBC news report on McKenna Cup. I will let you decide if McKeever deserved sent off for his part.

Sean C instigated it and nearly threw Findon over the hoardings. Did he even get booked?

McKeever was sent off here? Reminds me of Liam McHale in 96.

LOL that was funny McHale got the head beat of him and then got the line.

The only comparable person in this scuffle tho is Colm who arrived late and got a box for his troubles

McKeever on the other hand was responsible for taking this row to another level. This was a scuffle between two players that was pretty much sorted out by the goalie until the arrival of McKeever and then it was a case of everyman in. No doubt deserved the red.

On the other hand I know to much apple munching and drinkin buckie can mess with your head but the god like worship of McGeeny is still completely unreasonable, he sickens my sh*te!

DennistheMenace

Coming from Derry and having been brought up to have no love for Tyrone, I think they done exactly right to stand up to the bully boy tactics obviously employed by Armagh. McGeeney will have Armagh whipped into a frenzy this year with a seize mentality, Tyrone needed to show some backbone and physicality after their showings last year.

Armagh ones seem to have a chip on their shoulder, that there is some vendetta against them, this seems to have been ingrained in them from Grimley and co and has filtered through to this year.

tonto1888

as was said, dunno how either McKeever or CCavanagh was picked out there. Finnian Moroarty was the number6. Derfinitely looked like he threw a punch

illdecide

Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 08, 2015, 08:55:20 AM
Coming from Derry and having been brought up to have no love for Tyrone, I think they done exactly right to stand up to the bully boy tactics obviously employed by Armagh. McGeeney will have Armagh whipped into a frenzy this year with a seize mentality, Tyrone needed to show some backbone and physicality after their showings last year.

Armagh ones seem to have a chip on their shoulder, that there is some vendetta against them, this seems to have been ingrained in them from Grimley and co and has filtered through to this year.

Dennis your balls are beef!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LurganHoop

"Bully boy tactics"...catch yourself on. What bully boy tactics are obviously being employed by Armagh? Can you point to an example? Yes it got a bit hot & heavy on Sunday, with both teams equally culpable. Findon and Cavanagh should both have been shown the line after the melee at the beginning of the game and it certainly wasn't a case of Cavanagh finally standing up for himself after being pushed about by Findon- both players were at it from the start....are you saying that Tyrone and Sean Cavanagh in particular are a bunch of shrinking violets that decided enough was enough and they needed to stand up to the playground bully? Not a chance.

Same goes for the melee at Healy Park last year and claims from within the Tyrone camp that Armagh engineered the brawl are frankly embarrassing. Colm Cavanagh instigated that as much as anybody else and if I remember correctly Darren McCurry also started a smaller rucus. Donnelly got a second yellow for taking Tony Kernan out during play also, not because he was dragged into a melee by Armagh.

Yes some players play on the edge, most notably McKeever within the Armagh camp, and sometimes he goes over the edge, but bottom line everybody wants players like him in their team, players that the opposition fans love to hate.

Don't want this to sound like a swipe at Tyone, just fed up of all the nonsense about Armagh "bully boy tactis" and engineering fights to get an advantage.

illdecide

Mountain out of molehills and all that. The only person I seen throwing a punch was Finn Mo and it was more of a bitch slap TBH. It was just pushing and shoving and grappling, the Ref should have yellow carded the two lads that started it and got on with the game. Of course we have the BBC jumping all over it and that's the bit that pisses me off as it was nothing and we're again made out to be thugs...look at the coverage Derry got hammering the All Irelands finalists FFS (20 seconds) but because there was a bit of pushing in Armagh v Tyrone and not to mention the delay in throw in due to crowd congestion the BBC were all over it. ::)

ck

Quote from: illdecide on January 08, 2015, 11:15:53 AM
Mountain out of molehills and all that. The only person I seen throwing a punch was Finn Mo and it was more of a bitch slap TBH. It was just pushing and shoving and grappling, the Ref should have yellow carded the two lads that started it and got on with the game. Of course we have the BBC jumping all over it and that's the bit that pisses me off as it was nothing and we're again made out to be thugs...look at the coverage Derry got hammering the All Irelands finalists FFS (20 seconds) but because there was a bit of pushing in Armagh v Tyrone and not to mention the delay in throw in due to crowd congestion the BBC were all over it. ::)

Wrong on several counts!
Armagh v Tyrone was the game of the day. I'm not even from Ulster and I was intrigued by it, so the media were always going to give it more airtime.

As for the bit in bold above. Sure yee lads play the victim again why don't you. Yeah you are always made to be thugs, I wonder why?! You do yourselves no favours on any level. Last year you were at it in the c/ship and your managers then place a media ban. Ah yes, sure it's all the medias fault eh? The sooner your dour manager McGeeney and his followers start playing football the better cos the antics we are getting very used to seeing in Athletic grounds wins yee lads no friends at all!

DennistheMenace

Armagh always the victims. Hopefully another media ban is enforced, sure McKeever thinks the game is going to be dead within 5 years. Yawn.

blewuporstuffed

QuoteYes some players play on the edge, most notably McKeever within the Armagh camp, and sometimes he goes over the edge, but bottom line everybody wants players like him in their team, players that the opposition fans love to hate.

i wouldnt have mckeever in my team to be honest. A very very average player at county level, setting aside the obvious dirty stuff he gets involved in.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

illdecide

Armagh always get the flak...you torture us over our Diesel, Apples and Buckfast and now our footballers...what next.

We are Armagh, no one likes us...we don't care. (this is the soccer song we might have to sing at our next game...lol)

Throw ball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2015, 12:08:50 PM
QuoteYes some players play on the edge, most notably McKeever within the Armagh camp, and sometimes he goes over the edge, but bottom line everybody wants players like him in their team, players that the opposition fans love to hate.

i wouldnt have mckeever in my team to be honest. A very very average player at county level, setting aside the obvious dirty stuff he gets involved in.

I am glad you are not picking the Armagh team! He has faults but over the last 10 years he has been one of Armagh's best defenders. He has also nearly been a fixture on the Ulster railway cup team and was vice captain of his country in the International Rules. Average players do not manage that. Unfortunately his best days are probably behind him. As for the dirty stuff he does do some silly things but he is nowhere close to as bad as people think. There are worse in every county including Armagh.

theticklemister

Quote from: Throw ball on January 08, 2015, 06:36:11 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2015, 12:08:50 PM

I am glad you are not picking the Armagh team! He has faults but over the last 10 years he has been one of Armagh's best defenders. He has also nearly been a fixture on the Ulster railway cup team and was vice captain of his country in the International Rules. Average players do not manage that. Unfortunately his best days are probably behind him. As for the dirty stuff he does do some silly things but he is nowhere close to as bad as people think. There are worse in every county including Armagh.

My friend played with cullyhana and said on the underage teams mckeever was as ordinary as they came, but he said he worked his balls off to get a chance at Cavanagh; sorry so to play for Armagh.